Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia (Read 13219 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia
Reply #30 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 11:34pm

Frank wrote on Sep 27th, 2017 at 10:31pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:31pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 8:58pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:21pm:
Justsayno wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:00am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk,

You must be embarrassed Brian.

Found out to be a fake and your alter egos not here to run shepard.

It appears it is the best you can do troll.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  I have no idea why you even bother, I really don't.    Roll Eyes

Of course you have no idea. That's what you are here for - to represent all who have no ideas.
You are the vast majority, law abiding 'no idea' community's spokesman, Brian. Your role in creation.  That's what Allah put you on earth for.

Are you secretly a Muslim, a follower of Islam, Soren?  Afterall, you keep making these comments about Allah and his will.

Me, I believe in Evolution as propounded by Charles Darwin.  Seems sensible to me.  Not what some sky fairy is claimed to believe in.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Oh? You 'believe in evolution',  do you, Bwian? And the prophet Darwin?  And honourary doctorate? In divinity? And distinguished military career? And? And? What other idiocy are you going to self-reveal? Keep talking.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Where did I use the word "prophet" in connection with "Charles Darwin", Soren?  Tsk, tsk, I really don't know why you bother, I really don't.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 11:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 3:28pm:
My yawning and "tsk, tsk'ing" is more because of boredom with people like you who refuse to debate the issue of Islam and Muslims, sensibly, preferring to exhibit your ad hominem arguments.   Roll Eyes

You're a hypocrite bwian you hurl ad hominems like Islamphobia and refuse to debate anyone on this topic.

The ex muslim from Iran Ali Sina on the ad hominem you hurl called Islamophobia.
Quote:
"Islamophobia" is ad hominem

One friend alerted me to a discussion going on in Wikipedia on the neologism  “Islamophobia”. Someone has suggested that this category should be deleted because the term Islamophobia is divisive, inflammatory and it is frequently used to inhibit very valid criticism of Islam.    

Islam is an ideology. Rejection of an ideology cannot be classified as phobia. To call the opponents of an ideology phobic is a fallacy. All ideologies have their critics and opponents but we do not hear Christians calling the critics of Christianity Christianophobe, communists calling their critics communitophobe or Hindus calling theirs hinduphobe. The term "Islamophobia" is both technically and logically incorrect and misleading.

According to Dictionary.com Phobia is “a persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.”  Therefore the neologism "Islamophobia" implies that Islam is not dangerous and the fear of it is irrational. 

This claim has not been established and it is not universally agreed upon. There are many who argue that Islam is indeed a dangerous ideology and they have their logical arguments to prove their claim. Irrespective of whether the critics of Islam are right or wrong about whether Islam is dangerous or not, calling them “phobic” implies that their criticism has been already refuted and the irrationality of their fear of Islamic threat has been established. Therefore their disagreement with Islam is not logical but a mental disorder. 

All ideologies have their opponents. It is sheer arrogance to call criticism of any ideology, phobia. This implies that the truth of that ideology is already established and anyone opposing it is adopting an irrational position and is in need of psychological help. 
Only Muslims are capable of this much irrationality and arrogance. We all recall Muhammad Abdullah, the Afghani man who converted to Christianity and who was facing execution. When the government of Afghanistan was pressured to release him, to save face they accused him of being insane and not fit to stand trial. In the mind of Muslims only an insane person would disagree with Islam. This is sheer arrogance. 

Buddhism is by all accounts a peaceful religion as non-violence is the core of it. Despite that Buddhism has its critics and we never call then Buddhistphobes.  

The neologism Islamophobia makes absolutely no sense. It is derogatory and is used in a pejorative way to discredit the critics of Islam from the outset.  
Phobia is a disorder. Here is a short list of a few phobias: Achluophobia or Lygophobia (fear of darkness), Acrophobia, (fear of heights), Androphobia (fear of men), Aviatophobia (fear of flying), Chiraptophobia (fear of being touched), Claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces), Coitophobia (fear of coitus), Decidophobia (fear of making decisions),  Agrophobia or Demophobia (fear of crowds), Eleutherophobia (fear of freedom), Gynophobia (fear of women), Hadephobia (fear of hell -this is the phobia affecting all the Muslims), Hylophobia (fear of forests),  Insectophobia, (fear of insects), Isolophobia (fear of solitude, being alone), Necrophobia, (fear of death or dead things), Neophobia (fear of anything new), Phasmophobia, (fear of ghosts), Philophobia, (fear of falling in love or being in love), Xenophobia, (fear of strangers or foreigners), etc. (For more see this)

How can criticism of Islam fall into this category? These are all irrational fears that require therapy. Are Muslims suggesting that the critics of Islam should receive therapy? We can’t classify disagreement with Islam as phobia. Islam is an ideology. Phobia is irrational fear of things, people or situations but not beliefs. You can't be phobic of a belief system. Beliefs per se are not frightening. It's people who follow nefarious beliefs that become dangerous and frightening. As one can see, the very term "Islamophobia" is stupid because Islam is a belief system and it is not possible to be phobic of a belief. From whichever angle you look at Islam you find its stupidity glaring at you.  
http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina60526.htm

Can you refute anything Ali Sina says about the ad hominem you hurl bwian?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2017 at 12:03am by Baronvonrort »  

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 7:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 27th, 2017 at 11:34pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Where did I use the word "prophet" in connection with "Charles Darwin", Soren?  Tsk, tsk, I really don't know why you bother, I really don't.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I believe in Evolution as propounded by Charles Darwin.

Your words, Big Thick.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #33 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 7:16pm

Frank wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 7:12pm:

Your words, Big Thick.

So a Natural Scientist, propounding a scientific theory is a "Prophet" in your mind, Soren?

Tsk, tsk, you claim to be a modern, enlightened, Westerner and you cannot tell the difference between science and religion.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #34 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 8:07pm

Quote:
There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia

Islamophobia

noun
[mass noun]

Dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 8:53pm

Your words, Big Thick.

Yes, but do you go for Herbie's football team?

That's the true measure of your assimilation, old boy.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 9:49pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 7:16pm:

Your words, Big Thick.

So a Natural Scientist, propounding a scientific theory is a "Prophet" in your mind, Soren?

Tsk, tsk, you claim to be a modern, enlightened, Westerner and you cannot tell the difference between science and religion.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You are a believer, incomprehending mince in treacle.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 10:03pm

You've warned him haven't you, G?

He's so obedient.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 10:10pm

Frank wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 9:49pm:

Your words, Big Thick.

You are a believer, incomprehending mince in treacle.

Yes, yes, Soren, I'm a believer.  I believe you're an Islamophobe.  Seek help immediately.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 8:48am

Your words, Big Thick.

You 'BELIEVE' in natural science, ox-eyed yokel.  You don't  understand, comprehend it, you believe it like everything else beyond your dithering mental grasp.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2017 at 3:41pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #40 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 3:50pm

Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 8:48am:

Your words, Big Thick.

You 'BELIEVE' in natural science, ox-eyed yokel.  You don't  understand, comprehend it, you believe it like everything else beyond your dithering mental grasp.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Soren, you don't understand the scientific method do you?   I believe that the theory of Evolution, as propounded by Charles Darwin and modified by his successors is still the best explanation of how life occurs and is modified by it's environment.  Tsk, tsk, I do not believe some sky fairy created the world in six days and had a smoko afterwards to celebrate.   Unlike you.  Now, run along.  I'm sure there are some grade ones you can bully in the playground.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 4:04pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 3:50pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 8:48am:

Your words, Big Thick.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Soren, you don't understand the scientific method do you?  

Oh, that's where you test a proposition through rigorous research and fact-checking, have it reviewed by your peers, and present your findings, isn't it?

I'm not sure the old boy gets that one. He doesn't assimilate until he becomes a grandfather.

He'll get it eventually, i'm sure.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #42 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 6:27am

Right. There's no problem with Muzlims. Its all in your head.

BBC: Marseille, France today,

"Soldiers on guard at the station shot dead the attacker, who police described as of North African appearance and aged about 30. Witnesses said he shouted "Allahu akbar" (God is greatest).
One victim had her throat slit and the other was stabbed in the stomach. They were aged 17 and 20."
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2017 at 6:36am by issuevoter »  

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #43 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 4:43am

Let's break it down.

There are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Let's imagine some concentric circles.

At the centre we have jihadists, people who wake up in the morning wanting to kill apostates, take as many of us out as they can, believe in paradise and martyrdom.

Outside of them we have Islamists, these are people who are just as convinced of martyrdom and paradise and who want to foist their religion on the rest of humanity but they want to work within the system. They are not going to blow themselves up or drive a truck through a crowd. They want to change governments, they want to use democracy against itself.

Those two circles probably represent around 20% of the Muslim world. And that's being generous.

78% of British Muslims believed that the Danish cartoonist should have been prosecuted.

Outside of that circle you have conservative Muslims, who can honestly look at, say ISIS, and say "that does not represent us and we are horrified by that" but they hold views about human rights and about women and about homosexuals, that are deeply troubling.

These are not jihadists or Islamists but they keep women and homosexuals immiserated in these cultures and we need to speak out to empower the true reformers in the muslim world to change it.

The last circle is nominal Muslims, they don't take the faith seriously, don't want to kill apostates and hate organisations like ISIS. These are the people we need to defend, prop up and let them reform Islam.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:28pm

How do you reform a religion that is responsible globally for the top twenty four odd listed terror organizations?

How do you reform the evil in islamic doctrine which directly states that the muslim killers are the highest grade of muslims?

The qur'an (the cause and motivation of islamic depravity) is declared to be infallible and unchangeable.

Genuine reform means that allah, muhammad and the qur'an all got it wrong, so islam would implode.

This is the sticking point, as all muslims and their leftard apologists prefer the status quo of, bloodshed death and destruction, to honest reformation.

When I see muslims and their apologists honestly criticizing the verses of evil in the qur'an, then I will take the moderate muslim critique as being unfeigned, till then it's all just apologetic crap for islamic terrorism.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print