Send Topic Print
Subaru’s Levorg (Read 624 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Subaru’s Levorg
Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:47pm

Quote:
......One engine powers the Levorg line-up and it’s a cracker – the same 197kW/350Nm four cylinder turbo petrol found in the WRX.

Like the WRX the Levorg has Subaru’s excellent all-wheel drive system, which is as much a safety feature as a handling one.

Sorry to say though that a manual transmission isn’t available – you’ll have to make do with the eight-speed CVT automatic transmission........

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/2016-subaru-levorg-review-42197

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Subaru’s Levorg
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:50pm

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:58pm

Like the shape?

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:04pm

Auto's are crap!
That's why the FJ Cruiser has fallen short.
Everyone wants it in Manual.
Why do they do this?
Autos are for people who can't drive.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:08pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:58pm:
Like the shape?

not really.
but i do like wagons

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:12pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:04pm:
Auto's are crap!
Why do they do this?

i think the fj is a petrol only 4wd, hence its sales

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:32pm

and i do like CVTs.

Quote:
..........Subaru Lineartronic CVT[edit]

Lineartronic CVT transmission
The fifth generation Legacy/Outback and the JDM Subaru Exiga received a newly revised CVT under the Lineartronic name. It is a metal chain, pulley-based CVT, which is considered the most reliable, due to the simplicity of the pulley system and durability of the metal chain. In addition, the metal chain pulley system is generally quieter than other CVT designs. In the US, the Lineartronic is available with the 2.5i engine in the Outback, Legacy and Forester(2014), and the 2.0 FB engine in the Impreza and slightly modified for the XV Crosstrek. In SE Asia this transmission is also available for the 2.0i engine for the 2010 and later Legacy Legacy Asia spec. Subaru claims that the transmission provides "uninterrupted power that maximizes fuel efficiency while keeping the engine at the optimal rev range". EPA mileage estimates for the CVT with the 2.5i, naturally aspirated based engine, claim 30 MPG highway (29 Outback, 31 Legacy).[1] Lineartronic uses a specially modified torque converter to connect the engine to the transmission. It can slip like a traditional torque converter, but remains locked under all conditions except when coasting or traveling at very low speed. The persistent lockup condition under acceleration provides the efficiency and control of a clutch while still behaving much like a traditional planetary automatic transmission. The transmission can also be manually controlled by the driver by providing the ability to select 6 or 7 (if paired with a Diesel engine[2]) different "virtual" gears, where the transmission will hold a particular ratio.
Gear Ratios: 6.32:1
Usage: 2008–current Subaru Legacy / Outback / Exiga / Impreza / Levorg / Forester / XV and 2015 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium and Limited Editions.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_transmissions#Subaru_Lineartronic_C...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 11:37pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:12pm:
Jasin wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:04pm:
Auto's are crap!
Why do they do this?

i think the fj is a petrol only 4wd, hence its sales

Yes you're right Sprint. Petrol is also a fail in the FJ's. Only 400km's mostly.

The Levorg looks like every other hatch. Cars sure have lost any original look across the board.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print