Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Are attacks on the LGBTI community "long gone" (Read 3040 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Are attacks on the LGBTI community "long gone"
Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:17am

Are attacks on the LGBTI community actually 'long gone'?

Former prime minister Tony Abbott, who was "headbutted" by a man wearing a "Vote Yes" badge last night, has said attacks on the LGBTI community were "long gone".

So are there less attacks on the LGBTI community than before?

If you or anyone you know needs help:

This week, Mr Abbott told Macquarie Radio that things had improved for the LGBTI community.

"So you want to understand the position others might have been in, but the days when we were cruel to people on the basis of their sexuality, I think have long gone," he said.

"And that's why I think the nastiness in this debate is so unfortunate.

So, is he right?

Brisbane LGBTIQ Action Group convenor Phil Browne said he first wanted to condemn the attack on the former prime minister.

"The first thing that I want to say is that the is absolutely no place for violence, from either side," Mr Browne said.

"(LGBTIQ people) have had a lot of verbal abuse and on occasion physical violence, not only over the marriage equality debate but just over their very existence.

"Unfortunately there is still a lot of prejudice and discrimination directed toward LGBTIQ people.

"And sadly this is reflected in a suicide rate, that according to a previous Australian Human Rights report, was 3.5 to 14 times higher than the general population…"

He said the community was still on the receiving end of discrimination, which sometimes culminated in violence.

"For example people calling out bugger*t in the street, that certainly does still occur and on occasion that does extend to physical violence sadly."

Mr Brown said it was hard to tell statistically whether violence had decreased against the LGBTI community, with many attacks of violence and abuse not reported to police.

"I would say that the reasons behind that are very complex and have a lot to do with our past legal situation," he said.

"It was only until 1991 that in Queensland people did serve jail time for having sex with the person they loved in the privacy of their own home.

"But that lack of reporting of violence comes largely from a place of fear and fear of being given inferior treatment.

"And when you look at the history books and see the harsher repercussions that people had to live with, and you see the impact that's had on real people's lives, you can understand why there has been a reluctance to report violence."

'I was 19 and absolutely terrified'

Mich, 27, told the ABC an experience she had almost a decade ago still leaves her shaken.

"Homophobic violence is something I've experienced verbally since I was young — generally snide comments or constant 'please don't be gay at work' were just the reality of growing up queer in Brisbane," she said.

"I had the privilege to work for LGBTI organisation QAHC [The Queensland AIDS Council] years ago — a role I was super proud of that took me to wonderful locations to interview the fellow queer community.

"One night I was stationed at the opening night of a gay-friendly bar on the Gold Coast. I was so excited.

"However that excitement quickly turned to fear when I hopped out of my car and starting walking to the club.

"A car full of young men pulled up beside and starting screaming, 'you are such a fat, ugly dyke. Get the f**k out of our city, dyke. God, you're so f***ing fat and ugly'.

"I was 19 and absolutely terrified. It was a quiet street and badly lit. I quickened my pace and then I thought I heard a car door opening. I was frozen but my body was moving me to safety.

"I know anything I could have said in my defence would have escalated the situation.

"I've never returned to the Gold Coast at night again. I replay that night in my head over and over whenever I'm walking alone at night — 'just keep your head down and make yourself invisible'."

Brisbane man attacked for first time recently

Dan, 37, told the ABC he and a friend were eating food after a night out in Brisbane when they were attacked, which was the first time he'd ever experienced homophobic violence.

"Nothing physically [violent] until last month," he said.

"[I] had a group of guys that just started yelling at me and a girlfriend of mine, calling me a bugger*t.

"And my friend told them to stop and shut up and then they started hitting us."

He said ended up in hospital with a nose that wouldn't stop bleeding, but he didn't report the incident to police.

What does the research say?

A study from the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society at La Trobe University in 2012 found 18 per cent of young LGBTI people had experienced physical homophobic abuse and 61 per cent had experienced verbal homophobic abuse.

Nine per cent had experienced other types of homophobia including cyberbullying, graffiti, social exclusion and humiliation.

The study also found almost half of all gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people hide their sexual orientation or gender identity in public for fear of violence or discrimination.

« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:24am by mothra »  

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Are attacks on the LGBTI community "long gone"
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:18am

How about overseas?

In the UK, attacks on LGBTI people have surged by almost 80 per cent, according a recent to data report released by charity Stonewall.

The report found four out of five who had experienced a hate crime in the past 12 months did not report it to police.

In the United States, a report title Hate Crimes and Violence Against Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender People from 2009 found in 2007 alone 1,265 LGB-biased crimes were reported to the FBI, which was a six per cent increase from the year before.

So, how can things get better?

Mr Browne said there was certainly more effort from the policing side of things to improve relationships between the community and police.

That included Queensland Police taking part in the Brisbane Pride festival this weekend.

"The police LGBTI liaison officers … must be highly praised for trying to build bridges and restore trust within the community," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-22/ssm-attacks-on-the-lgbti-community/8974524...
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:24am by mothra »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:57am

I work with two openly gay people, and they don't seem too concerned about gay bashings. Assaults in Australia are so common that police are dismissive about them getting into courts. I do believe that gay people are bashed more than heterosexual people in terms of percentages. But I don't think that the number of assault would indicate a fierce defiance of homosexuality.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:14am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:57am:
I work with two openly gay people, and they don't seem too concerned about gay bashings. Assaults in Australia are so common that police are dismissive about them getting into courts. I do believe that gay people are bashed more than heterosexual people in terms of percentages. But I don't think that the number of assault would indicate a fierce defiance of homosexuality.

A study from the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society at La Trobe University in 2012 found 18 per cent of young LGBTI people had experienced physical homophobic abuse and 61 per cent had experienced verbal homophobic abuse.

Nine per cent had experienced other types of homophobia including cyberbullying, graffiti, social exclusion and humiliation.

The study also found almost half of all gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people hide their sexual orientation or gender identity in public for fear of violence or discrimination.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:27am

And how long have they been the Alphabet community?

And growing .......only half a dozen letters left.... step up get your letter before they're all gone.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:55am

Tony Abbott, being gay, he would know.

Tony Abbott, on why he left the priesthood
http://nofibs.com.au/tony-abbott-on-why-he-left-the-priesthood/

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:07am

"NEGATIVES VOTE NEGATIVELY"

So what are the positives in the matter?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #7 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:12am

Marriage equality, like all women voting, these are positives.

Positives vote Yes.
Negatives reject Equality.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #8 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:47am

Tony Abbott, who was "headbutted" by a man wearing a"Vote Yes" badge last night, has said attacks on the LGBTI community were "long gone".

It is better than it was in the 60's and 70's but far from gone.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #9 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:23am

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:14am:

Welcome to the real world, not like kindergarten, is it?  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:43am

Quote:
Are attacks on the LGBTI community actually 'long gone'?

The days of picking on gays maybe gone BUT gays have some of the highest rates of domestic violence out of any group.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/domestic-violence-a-silent-epidemic-in-gay-relationshi...

Domestic Violence Likely More Frequent for Same-Sex Couples

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2014/09/domestic-violence-likely-more-freq...

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/0092623X.2014.958792#.VBcZZPldV74

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:50am

Please offer a list of 'attacks' on the LGBTI community as a whole .... restrict your posting to attacks and not simple disagreement, indifference, or refutal of some LGBTI scared cow.

There are as many 'attacks' on the LGBTI community in Australia as there are on the Muslim community - i.e. NONE.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:57am

'Domestic Violence' has always been higher between gays, and especially lesbians, than any number of direct attacks by non-gays.  That has been the reality for years, so stop abusing the figures.

Citing a suicide rate from a group that many say has a mental illness is hardly a comment on society as a whole, and without a clear list of their 'reasons' for suicide, no comment is applicable.

Name-calling - WOW!!  After what I've seen here?

Gay bashing is a rare event compared to a quiet Saturday night in George Street, and I sincerely doubt police ignore it any more than countless other assaults.

As an example, once I had to report a stolen licenced pistol from my home while I was out working all night - the cop shrugged and said :-  "We get 2000 break-ins a week here."

When petty fights are so common, the cops only go after the bad ones.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:35am

Here's something interesting, the biggest spike in gay bashings in Sydney occurred when the Lebbo gangs started frequenting the Oxford St nightclubs.

My wife's  brother in laws gay brother in Holland wants to immigrate to Australia because homophobic violence is now rampant..by guess who.....

April 3, 2017

And then suddenly there was a group of six to eight Moroccan youths. Before I knew it I was on the ground fighting with three men on top of me.’ The leading Dutch gay rights organisation, the COC, called for the new coalition to take measures, including tougher prison sentences, to tackle the rising frequency of homophobic attacks.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2017/04/coc-calls-for-action-against-risin...

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:50am

Dnarever wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:47am:
Tony Abbott, who was "headbutted" by a man wearing a"Vote Yes" badge last night, has said attacks on the LGBTI community were "long gone".

attacks on any "group"   are not gone   anywhere in the world....humans are violent b y there very nature....

hetro slobs  dare I call them that are afraid of gay men   they see them as an affront to their maleness.....

once upon a time  males bonding with other males was the norm.....greek and roman history tells us that...

we dont see hetro females bashing lesbians  do we??>. well I havent...

so it is a male thing....[sadly].I think..

sadly these   divided groups are getting noisier...and that in itself attracts violence.......

I thought the guy who headbutted Abbott looks and talks very gay though he claims he isnt.....he is also full of HATE...

so I dont think any group would like to claim him as one of their own??..

I could of course be mistaken Sad

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:11am

Not as long as they continue to insult and name-call other groups.... NO.

Gordon seems to have a point... much of the violent crime is clearly part of certain ethnic groups, and a few ratbags with their brains addled by gym work and steroids and stupid garbage like 'cage fighting'... but nobody is allowed to say that.   Tongue

― John Adams

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #16 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:19am

Unfortunately attacks on straight community by gays is on an increase.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 12:19pm

Yes mothballs gay bashings and violence towards gays has diminished. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 12:41pm

With the exception of Dna and _____, doesn't this thread just say it all.

I mean, really.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:03pm

Really?
What are you on about mothballs? Cheesy

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #20 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:03pm

cods wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:50am:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:47am:

attacks on any "group"   are not gone   anywhere in the world....humans are violent b y there very nature....

hetro slobs  dare I call them that are afraid of gay men   they see them as an affront to their maleness.....

once upon a time  males bonding with other males was the norm.....greek and roman history tells us that...

we dont see hetro females bashing lesbians  do we??>. well I havent...

so it is a male thing....[sadly].I think..

sadly these   divided groups are getting noisier...and that in itself attracts violence.......

I thought the guy who headbutted Abbott looks and talks very gay though he claims he isnt.....he is also full of HATE...

so I dont think any group would like to claim him as one of their own??..

I could of course be mistaken Sad

so I dont think any group would like to claim him as one of their own

Yes Tony has been on the outer for a long time now. He will eventually make a come back and re take the leadership.

I thought the guy who headbutted Abbott looks and talks very gay

Hissy Pyne also fits that category as did Tony Abbott when he was young. I remember almost falling off the chair I was on when I first found out that he claimed to be hetro.

I remember in the 60's and early 70's people would go out on a Friday Saturday night to have fun gay bashing, This did occur and was considered a fun activity. It did sort of backfire when the gays started going to the gym and built up sufficiently to not make it so easy or one sided.

It is good that this is gone but much of the attitude that allowed it is alive and well being expressed strongly on this site.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:08pm

Well I for one have never frequented with such people.

And as I stated correctly gay bashing etc has diminished.  These days a gay usually has to be forcing himself on someone or doing something unsavoury in a public toilet before anything rash happens to them.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:25pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:03pm:
Really?
What are you on about mothballs? Cheesy

You seriously are quite staggeringly stupid aren't you.

Like, to astonishing levels.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #23 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:11am:

Gordon seems to have a point... much of the violent crime is clearly part of certain ethnic groups, and a few ratbags with their brains addled by gym work and steroids and stupid garbage like 'cage fighting'... but nobody is allowed to say that.   Tongue

Were you in Sydney in the early 2000s when the Oxford St clubs were infiltrated by ME crime gangs? I remember it very well as it when I (briefly) got into clubbing and the occasional party drug. The gang I hung out with was probably 50% homo.

Then the ME gangs moved in, Oxford St turned into a shittthole and there was a huge spike in gay bashings.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:18pm

Oh good. This is another lesson in how Gordy knows more than everyone else.

I hope you're all suitably admonished?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #25 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:28pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:18pm:

Just sharing my lived experience from the big smoke.  Now off you go, copy and paste something from the internet.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:34pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:28pm:

Just sharing my lived experience from the big smoke.  Now off you go, copy and paste something from the internet.

Yes of course. Because i have no actual experience because it isn't your actual experience. Or at least what you pretend is your actual experience.

Thanks for clarifying.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:38pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:34pm:

Yes of course. Because i have no actual experience because it isn't your actual experience. Or at least what you pretend is your actual experience.

Thanks for clarifying.

So you were in Sydney when the Oxford St nightclubs were infiltrated by Middle Eastern crime gangs? Which was your favorite club?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:40pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:38pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

So you were in Sydney when the Oxford St nightclubs were infiltrated by Middle Eastern crime gangs? Which was your favorite club?

Was i? I obviously have no right to an opinion on anything if i wasn't.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #29 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:43pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:40pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:38pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Was i? I obviously have no right to an opinion on anything if i wasn't.

Your opinion is from your parochial little backwater.
My experience is from the centre of gay and lesbian culture in Australia.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:46pm

And there we have it. One up-personship.

Never suspecting, of course that the quality of my relationships may just trump the quantity of his.

If even he can claim superior quantity.

What's it you say about snobbery Gordy? Seems you think anyone not living in Sydney knows less that than you.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #31 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:50pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:46pm:

Never suspecting, of course that the quality of my relationships may just trump the quantity of his.

What's it you say about snobbery Gordy? Seems you think anyone not living in Sydney knows less that than you.

It's not one one upmanship, it's first hand knowledge from actual life experience.
I've been around the gay and lesbian community my whole frigging life.
How many Mardi Gras have you marched in? Please share.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:53pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:50pm:

It's not one one upmanship, it's first hand knowledge from actual life experience.

You, as a an actual grown-up, are equating familiarity with LGBTI stuff with whether or not you have been in a Mardi Gras?

I mean seriously, that's monumentally pathetic.

Pretty much what i have come to expect from you though.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #33 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:06pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:53pm:

You, as a an actual grown-up, are equating familiarity with LGBTI stuff with whether or not you have been in a Mardi Gras?

And all the other things I said.

IBI

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:09pm

Are attacks on the LGBTI community "long gone"?

About as "long gone" as attacks on heteros. Is it really different whether attacks are on LGBTI or heteros?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:12pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:06pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:53pm:

And all the other things I said.

You said other things? Apologies. I'm so accustomed to you telling me i have no right to any thoughts or feelings because i don't live where you live.

Would you like to repeat your other points? Were they relevant?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:21pm

Did you have other points, Gordy?

Could they have been about how sexually promiscuous "all" gays are while telling us about all of the great many "slappers" and rainbow women you have conquested? And how sex is a driving force for all of these gazillion women you've known?

Because, just so you know, we're all really, really impressed.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #37 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:22pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:21pm:

Could they have been about how sexually promiscuous "all" gays are while telling us about all of the great many "slappers" and rainbow women you have conquested? And how sex is a driving force for all of these gazillion women you've known?

Get some kip, you nutter.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:25pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:22pm:

Nice try. Responses?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:31pm

And Gordy goes quiet.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:31pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:25pm:

Nice try. Responses?

I'll be going to Oxford St in about 45mins. Want me to stop and say hello to some real live gays for you??

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #41 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:32pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:31pm:
And Gordy goes quiet.

I had to drop a #2, is that OK?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:33pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:31pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:25pm:

Nice try. Responses?

I'll be going to Oxford St in about 45mins. Want me to stop and say hello to some real live gays for you??

Pffft. Like you would leave your computer.

In any event, i'm not into tokenism. That's your bent, not mine.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:34pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:32pm:
And Gordy goes quiet.

Is this your excuse for dodging the curlier questions?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #44 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:37pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:34pm:
And Gordy goes quiet.

It was more like a plop plop kind of poop, not curly.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:41pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:40pm:

Were you in Sydney in the early 2000s when the Oxford St clubs were infiltrated by ME crime gangs? I remember it very well as it when I (briefly) got into clubbing and the occasional party drug. The gang I hung out with was probably 50% homo.

Then the ME gangs moved in, Oxford St turned into a shittthole and there was a huge spike in gay bashings.

I do hope you got your phd   of those times gordy.... Angry Angry

I am sure you dont expect any clear thinking soul to believe it otherwise....only an insane person would link gay bashing with ethnics...tsk tsk.

if you need a M.H. person gordy    I am doing my Dr Google...I am here for you any time.
dont mean to float my boat... but this seems to be one of those occasions when  my degree could come in handy... Smiley

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:41pm

Ah. The standard response from Gordy, when asked questions.

Riveting.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:42pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:37pm:
And Gordy goes quiet.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

too much information thank you!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:42pm

Jesus Christ, Cods is actually endorsing this crap?

No wonder this forum has gone to poo.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #49 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:45pm

cods wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:41pm:

I am sure you dont expect any clear thinking soul to believe it otherwise....only an insane person would link gay bashing with ethnics...tsk tsk.

if you need a M.H. person gordy    I am doing my Dr Google...I am here for you any time.
dont mean to float my boat... but this seems to be one of those occasions when  my degree could come in handy... Smiley

I've got a PhD in Mental Health too ya know.

It came from the University of Kellogg's Corn Flakes 😎

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #50 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:47pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:45pm:

Not the University of Fruit Loops ???   Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #51 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:47pm

cods wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:42pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:37pm:
And Gordy goes quiet.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

too much information thank you!

It might be for you Cods but it's not too much info for a Mental Health Professional like me 😂.

Tell us more Gordy.....

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #52 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:48pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:47pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:45pm:

Not the University of Fruit Loops ???   Grin Grin

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:49pm

And so the the diversion from the issue goes.

Thug tactics of the "no" voters.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #54 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:51pm

lee wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:09pm:
Are attacks on the LGBTI community "long gone"?

About as "long gone" as attacks on heteros. Is it really different whether attacks are on LGBTI or heteros?

👍👏👌👋

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #55 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:51pm

Anyway, I'm off to Poofta Land Oxford St, back l8er (if I don't get attacked by poofs for being such a homophobe)

IBI

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:53pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:51pm:
👍👏👌👋

My computer doesn't do pretty squares well. Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:53pm

Not much point trying to have a reasonable discussion with Lisa Jones doing what she does best.

I'll just leave her to it i reckon.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #58 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:53pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:51pm:
Anyway, I'm off to Poofta Land Oxford St, back l8er (if I don't get attacked by poofs for being such a homophobe)

See you later Gordy. Take care 😉

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #59 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:56pm

lee wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:53pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:51pm:
👍👏👌👋

My computer doesn't do pretty squares well. Wink

iPhone 📱 here does 🤔🤓

🐣🐤🐥🐶🐱🐼🐿🐇🌻💐🌸🌺🌼🌾🌷🍁🌹🍂🍆🍅🍍🍑🍒🍌🍉🍇🍓🍈🍋🍊🍐🍎🍏

And these are for you Lee :

🍷🍻🍺🍾🍸🍹

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #60 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:02pm

Bashing fags is great sport, it should be televised.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #61 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:07pm

Dr Mengele wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:02pm:
Bashing fags is great sport, it should be televised.  Cheesy

😳😱🤐

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #62 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:07pm

The true distraction is the LHHTGFFGFGGHHGHH mob crying the victim yet again.

It seems that any group thatbthrows a tanty, tries to play the victim card.

When only 3% of the population are gay

And that 3% are generally putting themselves in compromising positions, getting drunk, drugged, partying till the wee small hours,  it will of course increase their opportunity for bashings.

But from what I have seen in the gay community,
The gays themselves are to blame for a great many of these bashings.
Some gays I know have been beaten several times, each time by their partner.

Stop playing the victim card
Be sensible
Dont go to seedy places
And suprise suprise, no more bashings

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:08pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:53pm:
Not much point trying to have a reasonable discussion with Lisa Jones doing what she does best.

such an interesting comment....

I actually went looking for the DISCUSSION  so far only 4 pages  so no big deal... Roll Eyes

but guess what....the only discussion I found regarding the topic.... was from gordy.. ajax.grenfell and even good old cods ... all more or less on the 1st page after that it went down hill into a gordon v mothra   tit for tat....page after page   of............nothing whatever to do with the topic.....

its amazing how many threads end up like this.... trashed I believe the word is....

just c&p   without any commenting   just doesnt do it for me.....the talk is GAY BASHING>.. what about ozpol member BASHING... Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:09pm

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:10pm

cods wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:08pm:

I actually went looking for the DISCUSSION  so far only 4 pages  so no big deal... Roll Eyes

but guess what....the only discussion I found regarding the topic.... was from gordy.. ajax.grenfell and even good old cods ... all more or less on the 1st page after that it went down hill into a gordon v mothra   tit for tat....page after page   of............nothing whatever to do with the topic.....

its amazing how many threads end up like this.... trashed I believe the word is....

just c&p   without any commenting   just doesnt do it for me.....the talk is GAY BASHING>.. what about ozpol member BASHING... Huh Huh Huh

You mean all those saying that LGBTI people are abnormal?

I'm unsurprised you think that qualifies as discussion.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #66 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:18pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:10pm:
cods wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:08pm:

Its a fact that they are abnormal.

3% of any population by any calcualtion is NOT THE NORM

Ips facto, they do not represent the normal population.

Now another fact is that humans are animals.

The primary drive for any normal animal is procreation of the species.

This group of mentally ABNORMAL humans who wish to have sex with the same sex, cannot meet the normal drive of any normal animal,
Ipso facto, they are not normal.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:20pm

Oh good. Valkie has weighed in. Everyone had their inoculations against ridiculous?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:22pm

well it kind of beats

Quote:
is that the best youve got?

ooops heres a few more good ones from you dear...

Y Quote:
ou, as a an actual grown-up, are equating familiarity with LGBTI stuff with whether or not you have been in a Mardi Gras?

Pretty much what i have come to expect from you though

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying

Quote:
Pffft. Like you would leave your computer.

In any event, i'm not into tokenism. That's your bent, not mine.

Quote:

Quote:
Oh good. Valkie has weighed in. Everyone had their inoculations against ridiculous?

this is just a selection....the top one speaks for itself..

there is plenty more on your version of discussion.. I am open to discuss.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:26pm

Do you have a problem with any of that, Cods?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #70 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:27pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:20pm:

You think that bullying and insulting someones argumentbmakes you right.

Its like the child that yells ever louder to make their point correct.

But the fact is that without reasoned argument, you have no chance of convincing others of your points.

Argure against abnormality, if you can.

Argue against mental illness, if you can.

Otherwise you are simply noise.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:31pm

Valkie wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:27pm:

But the fact is that without reasoned argument, you have no chance of convincing others of your points.

Bullying you? I'm sorry, did my requirement that you treat all people with dignity and respect interfere with your rights to "free speech"?

Here's the thing. Free speech doesn't mean you get to be bigot. Well, you can try, but you'd best be prepared for me and millions of others telling you just how very wrong you are.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:34pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:26pm:

maybe you do   if you have the need to ask that dumb question.... Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:36pm

cods wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:34pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:26pm:

maybe you do   if you have the need to ask that dumb question.... Grin Grin Grin

I don't have a problem with any of that.

Why is it a dumb question to ask you if you do?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #74 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:42pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:31pm:

Bullying you? I'm sorry, did my requirement that you treat all people with dignity and respect interfere with your rights to "free speech"?

Here's the thing. Free speech doesn't mean you get to be bigot. Well, you can try, but you'd best be prepared for me and millions of others telling you just how very wrong you are.

But I dont have freedom of speach.
Im not allowed to call pooftahs, pooftahs
I cant call muzzos terrorists
I cant call abbos abbos.

But these people can call me what they like with impunity.

The LGHYTFDDFEFVHHVH F NJY mob are the consumate bullies.
They lie in wait for the slightest percieved threat to their abnormal and sic practices.
Then they go all out on the attack.

There are 3% of them, they should learn to have 3% input not 99% .

We normals find them repugnant disgusting and abnormal.
But we are not allowed to say it.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:45pm

Valkie wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:42pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:31pm:

But I dont have freedom of speach.
Im not allowed to call pooftahs, pooftahs
I cant call muzzos terrorists
I cant call abbos abbos.

But these people can call me what they like with impunity.

The LGHYTFDDFEFVHHVH F NJY mob are the consumate bullies.
They lie in wait for the slightest percieved threat to their abnormal and sic practices.
Then they go all out on the attack.

There are 3% of them, they should learn to have 3% input not 99% .

We normals find them repugnant disgusting and abnormal.
But we are not allowed to say it.

Behold! Captain No Idea At All!

Good luck in this brave new world. You're an anachronism. Good luck finding peace with it all.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 5:31pm

Iran brought back the death penalty for homosexuals with their Islamic revolution in 1979.

The Taliban brought back the death penalty for poofs when they took control of Afghanistan.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #77 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 5:47pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 5:31pm:
Iran brought back the death penalty for homosexuals with their Islamic revolution in 1979.

The Taliban brought back the death penalty for poofs when they took control of Afghanistan.

Yes but the LGHYYTFRFDFTFHY mob think they will support them should they get into power.

I feel so sorry for the LGHGTFFDFGGHYHHTHH mob.
They are mentally ill, and desperatly in need of help.

Homosexuality was the only gender confusion for many many years.

But as this is gradually becoming more accepted and tolerated, this mob turn their sights into more and more extreem levels of "LOOK AT ME, IM DIFFERENT"

Soon people will be looking to be considerd as animals,
Im not a human, Im a dog.
Or
Dont speak to me Im a bird.

Its a sickness and its mutating from abnormal to absurdity.

Gender neutral, you have to be kidding.

It must be interesting when "IT" has sex.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:18pm

face it... mothballs is clueless.
If she even read one of the comment sections after an ssm article she'd know what she says is crap.

Most people have nailed this issue exactly on the NO side.  They don't post crap as you suggest.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:20pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:18pm:
If she even read one of the comment sections after an ssm article she'd know what she says is crap.

Most people have nailed this issue exactly on the NO side.  They don't post crap as you suggest. 

You're in for a rude awakening. I hope you have support.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #80 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:22pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:20pm:

Why I just pointed out the fact you are wrong about what people have been saying.  You're a twat.  Clueless.
Most comments from the NO side unlike the Yes side are not personal attacks at all.  Wakey wakey whacko. Cheesy

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:25pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:22pm:

Why I just pointed out the fact you are wrong about what people have been saying.  You're a twat.  Clueless.
Most comments from the NO side unlike the Yes side are not personal attacks at all.  Wakey wakey whacko. Cheesy

I think i was so inspired to a lack of diplomacy a couple of days ago ... so i'll take that a precedent.

Grendel. You truly are quite astonishingly stupid. Seriously.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:43pm

____ wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:12am:
Marriage equality, like all women voting, these are positives.

Positives vote Yes.
Negatives reject Equality.

Crap

what is rejected is the nonsensical garbage that you espouse.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:46pm

Thanks for clarifying.

You've experienced so much you should be 500 years old.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #84 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:57pm

In Sydney, I reckon assaults on gay men would probably be at the same rate as across the entire male community.

Things are better now but when I first started going to pubs and clubs you had to really pick your venues carefully as there were many places where chances are some drunk idiot would be there to pick a fight.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:00pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:46pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Really? What is so unusual about my experiences?

What have you been doing with your time?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #86 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:04pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:00pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

You've cut and pasted what would take an average person 500 years  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #87 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:06pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:25pm:

I think i was so inspired to a lack of diplomacy a couple of days ago ... so i'll take that a precedent.

Actually what I said is right and YOU are wrong and if you think your pathetic non factual ad hom is helping you are more of a twat than I thought. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:07pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:04pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

You've cut and pasted what would take an average person 500 years  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well, i've done well then. Have you learned anything, Gordy?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #89 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:09pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:07pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, worked with gays, had gay relatives, marched in a Mardi Gras, actual life experience. It's OK, feel free to live vicariously thu me.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:09pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:06pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:25pm:

Actually what I said is right and YOU are wrong and if you think your pathetic non factual ad hom is helping you are more of a twat than I thought. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Shocked

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #91 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:10pm

yep....  you got nothin' as usual.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:12pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:09pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, worked with gays, had gay relatives, marched in a Mardi Gras, actual life experience. It's OK, feel free to live vicariously thu me.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

And yet you think there is something wrong with them. You'll forgive me, of course, if i disbelief your personal experiences.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #93 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:14pm

I am yet to see an argument for the no case which was on topic.

A good test is to ask if voting yes or no would make any difference to the point being made. Point after point comes up short and many even ridiculous.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #94 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:18pm

keep up the YES standards. Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #95 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:20pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:14pm:

A good test is to ask if voting yes or no would make any difference to the point being made. Point after point comes up short and many even ridiculous.

Either you are lying, ignorant or never read anything I and many others have said.

But hey that's par for the YES side.

You want a ridiculous point?  NERO Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:21pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:18pm:

Why would you assume a response to Gordy was for you? Like seriously ... there's absolutely no indication it is for you.

Like not even a little bit.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:22pm

Nice edit, Grendel.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #98 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:23pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:21pm:
Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:18pm:

Why would you assume a response to Gordy was for you? Like seriously ... there's absolutely no indication it is for you.

Like not even a little bit.

Oh dear why is there no such response?
Cheesy

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:26pm

Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, worked with gays, had gay relatives, marched in a Mardi Gras, actual life experience.

Strange. You denied your hommer experience only last week.

You're still intact though, ja?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #100 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:37pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:26pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, worked with gays, had gay relatives, marched in a Mardi Gras, actual life experience.

Nothing to deny.  If I was a gaybo I'd be out and proud.

IBI

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #101 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:37pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 5:31pm:

That's Islam for you.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #102 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:40pm

Thanks for clarifying.

Gordy.....you do realise Karnal is wanting to cybersex you.  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #103 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:41pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:12pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

And yet you think there is something wrong with them. You'll forgive me, of course, if i disbelief your personal experiences.

I only use the term not normal as they're just a few % of the population,  and their sex drive is misdirected towards same sex. They can still be perfectly valuable members of the community despite the wiring issues Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:43pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:41pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

I only use the term not normal as they're just a few % of the population,  and their sex drive is misdirected towards same sex. They can still be perfectly valuable members of the community despite the wiring issues Smiley

So you're a bigot. No surprises.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #105 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:47pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:10pm:

It's the great bubbles of nothing that really make her something  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #106 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:50pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:43pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

After I said I've happily worked with gays all my life.

Sorry if my lived experience is punching holes in the narrative you've developed from living your boring life in the arse end of the country.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #107 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:51pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:47pm:

It's the great bubbles of nothing that really make her something  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Full of toxic air

IBI

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #108 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:51pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:22pm:
Nice edit, Grendel.

That's what sane people do when they inadvertently make a mistake.
You should try it.... but then you'd have to delete most of your posts. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #109 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:52pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:20pm:

Either you are lying, ignorant or never read anything I and many others have said.

You want a ridiculous point?  NERO Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nero is a valid example of SSM in 67AD. If the point is to show that SSM happened 2,000 years back this one works as a known example. The many historic examples of SSM demonstrate that marriage has not always been exclusively between a man and a woman.

The vast majority I have read against is well off topic and not relevant.

Went back through this topic there is not one sensible word supporting the no case.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:55pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:50pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Sorry if my lived experience is punching holes in the narrative you've developed from living your boring life in the arse end of the country.

I'm unimpressed by your personal anecdotes ... as usual.

I'm more interested in the fact that you think you are superior to them.

I mean, who thinks they are superior to people they actually interact with?

Bigots, that's who,

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #111 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:56pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:51pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:47pm:

Full of toxic air

Toxic emissions even  Grin

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #112 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:57pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:52pm:

Nero is a valid example of SSM in 67AD. If the point is to show that SSM happened 2,000 years back this one works as a known example. The many historic examples of SSM demonstrate that marriage has not always been exclusively between a man and a woman.

I cant help it if you want to be an idiot about this. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:59pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:37pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

One doesn't need to be a gaybo to engage in sexual intercourse with another man, explore every crevice of their bodies together and express their love for each other as men, Gordon.

You've tried it, we all know this. You should share your experience. I think this would be a great forum to do it.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #114 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:02pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:55pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Bigots, that's who,

You're the only one here who thinks they're superior.
You call people idiots just for expressing a view, bitter and arrogant.

Everyone here knows the truth,  you're a fraud with zero life experience.

IBI

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #115 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:02pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:59pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

One doesn't need to be a gaybo to engage in sexual intercourse with another man, explore every crevice of their bodies together and express their love for each other as men, Gordon.

You've tried it, we all know this. You should share your experience. I think this would be a great forum to do it.

Gordy.......Karnal is propositioning you.

Again.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #116 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:02pm

Trolling again karnal, tsk, tsk, tsk.... 
Have you stopped humping your best mate yet?

And a Muslim too.... oh dearie dearie me.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm

Thanks for clarifying.

It would explain a tremendous amount about him.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #118 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:02pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Bigots, that's who,

But what about all her personal mental health experience ??????

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #119 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:04pm

Thanks for clarifying.

Right after you tell us what happened at Karnal Wink

IBI

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #120 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:04pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:57pm:

I cant help it if you want to be an idiot about this. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I fail to see how being right makes me an idiot. There is not one sensible word on this topic supporting the no case, not one.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:05pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:02pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Bigots, that's who,

Nope. I certainly don;t think i'm superior.

Tell me, when you're encouraging you daughter to mock fat people, people with facial surgery and other differences, do you encourage her to mock gay people too?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #122 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:05pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

So I'm gay and you're a fat dyke
Shouldn't we be allies?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:07pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:05pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Shouldn't we be allies?

PA treating you well?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #124 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:08pm

mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:07pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Shouldn't we be allies?

PA treating you well?

I've never even opened that site yet you're obsessed by it.
Why?

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:09pm

Went back through this topic there is not one sensible word supporting the no case.
Great example, Nero married his horse.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #126 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:11pm

Quote:
Great example, Nero married his horse.

Really?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:11pm

When your encouraging your daughter to mock fat people. peopl with facial surgeries and people with other differences, do you encourage her to mock gay people too, Gordy?

Do you tell her that there is something wrong with their wiring?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:12pm

Do the gay people you claim are your friends know that you think there is something wrong with their wiring?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #129 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:13pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:08pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:07pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Shouldn't we be allies?

PA treating you well?

I've never even opened that site yet you're obsessed by it.

Why?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #130 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:18pm

Why does mothra mention PA all the time?

Can someone tell me?

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:21pm

Thanks for clarifying.

The Persian princess, the Boong on the bus to Dubbo, fingering his friend on the field afterwards,  they're all pieces of the enigmatic puzzle that is Gordon's psyche.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:22pm

No answer to my questions, Gordy?

You're raising someone as foul as judgemental as you? Yes?

Well, it's not like you ever learned, despite all of your claims of worldliness.

You're just a sad, ignorant little bigot.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #133 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:23pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:18pm:

Can someone tell me?

Well, from a professional mental health perspective.....it's part and parcel of her well cyber documented hypomania/morbid jealousy/OCD disorder.

If only she could let us help her.....

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:24pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:21pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

The Persian princess, the Boong on the bus to Dubbo, fingering his friend on the field afterwards,  they're all pieces of the enigmatic puzzle that is Gordon's psyche.

Yes. His rainbow women. He tells us about them often.

One would think, were one so inclined, that there is some overcompensation?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #135 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:25pm

Thanks for clarifying.

What happened at Karnal, Karnal?
Are the curries still screaming?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:26pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:25pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

Look out Karnal. He's getting clever now.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #137 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:26pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:23pm:

Can someone tell me?

Well, from a professional mental health perspective.....it's part and parcel of her well cyber documented hypomania/morbid jealousy/OCD disorder.

Now now Lisa,  are you qualified to make a judgment like that? Are you really a mental healthier professional?

IBI

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #138 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:27pm

Can someone tell me?

Hence why she's been online non stop since yesterday......machine gunning away every  minute...absolute garbage AT others.  Shocked Sad Undecided Lips Sealed

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:28pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:26pm:

Can someone tell me?

Now now Lisa,  are you qualified to make a judgment like that? Are you really a mental healthier professional?

So pleased Lisa got answered at last. I was beginning to feel really sorry for her ... nipping around the edges like she was.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:29pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:27pm:

Can someone tell me?

Hence why she's been online non stop since yesterday......machine gunning away every  minute...absolute garbage AT others.  Shocked Sad Undecided Lips Sealed

LOL ... perhaps Agnes will believe you. 34 hours?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #141 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:29pm

Thanks for clarifying.

He's got a HOT DATE  Grin Tongue Grin

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:29pm

Thanks for clarifying.

I don't discuss my experiences back in Nam, son. You should know that by now.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #143 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:30pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:26pm:

Can someone tell me?

DEFINITELY!!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #144 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:35pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:29pm:

Thanks for clarifying.

I don't discuss my experiences back in Nam, son. You should know that by now.

We should meet for a halal beer one day and swap war stories.  Do you have a preferred place?

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print