Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
well it had to happen (Read 2080 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

well it had to happen
Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:54am

[urlhttp://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/adfa-recruits-first-genderneutral-cadet/news-story/5b597dc5c582ba75466f77979ddf06d6][/url]

THE Australian Army has its first gender-neutral officer-to-be after a cadet at the elite training academy told superiors she was no longer female — and did not want to be male either.

The second year-cadet’s decision has Australian Defence Force Academy instructors rewriting the rule books on how to address the cadet.

The young trainee, who can no longer be referred to as she or her, has been moved out of the female barracks and into mixed accommodation at the Canberra academy.

Everyone is tiptoeing around this cadet in fear of saying or doing the wrong thing,” a defence force source told The Daily Telegraph.

“Instructors are correcting everything they say and have to refer to her as ‘officer cadet’ rather than she or he as they do with everyone else.

“Soldiers are not interested in this crap, they want to focus on their real job,” the source added.

In the past five years the ADF has spent more than $1 million helping 27 members deal with gender dysmorphia, including paying for 17 to have sex-change surgery.

EDITORIAL: GENDER WARS COME TO ADF

But the push for political correctness has led to a plunge in morale, with a survey revealing fewer than half of army and navy personnel have any confidence in their leaders or their decisions.

Senator Cory Bernardi said: “The political correctness at defence continues with this gender X trainee raising a raft of questions including which barracks and latrine to use.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: well it had to happen
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 3:10pm

And this represents a problem because, Cods?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 4:48pm

Quote:
In the past five years the ADF has spent more than $1 million helping 27 members deal with gender dysmorphia, including paying for 17 to have sex-change surgery.

This is only encouraging people to sign up for their own personal agendas.

I have said it before and I will say it again.  In Admin?   Fine!

In combat?   NO way!  There is no way I would trust a newly 'gender assigned' person pumped full of hormones having my back in combat.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 5:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 3:10pm:

Because we do not need mentally ill persons in the armed forces.

What they really need is to send these mentally ill gender confused individuals to a mental asylum for treatment.

Not give them guns

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 5:07pm

I  was with a Doctor (working) in his room in a Hospital when the Patient to be operated on handed him a book on their religion (Scientology I think?). Told the Doctor that everyone will have to remain silent while conducting the operation - because that's the rule in their religion. The Doctor took the book and threw it to the door saying "My way or the highway" The Op was never done.
If it was in the Govt Public - the Doctor would have been held for discrimination and forced to operate in silence  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:04pm

huhummmm where did I MENTION PROBLEM>.

you telling lies again bwain... Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:06pm

The young trainee, who can no longer be referred to as she or her, has been moved out of the female barracks and into mixed accommodation at the Canberra academy.

Everyone is tiptoeing around this cadet in fear of saying or doing the wrong thing,” a defence force source told The Daily Telegraph.

“Instructors are correcting everything they say and have to refer to her as ‘officer cadet’ rather than she or he as they do with everyone else.

“Soldiers are not interested in this crap, they want to focus on their real job,” the source added.

would appear some are joining the defence forces   to get their freebee  nips and tucks.....nice one....

gender neutral persons... Cheesy

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:27pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 4:48pm:
Quote:

In combat?   NO way!  There is no way I would trust a newly 'gender assigned' person pumped full of hormones having my back in combat.

And you've been in combat, when?

I've known some fine soldiers who were Gay.  They didn't lack aggression in any way.  One of them became the top Recruit for their Course.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:29pm

cods wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:04pm:

Ah, so asking questions equates to "lies" in your mind, does, Cods?   Roll Eyes

I asked if it represented a problem.  Being an ex-soldier I cannot see this representing any problem, except to a homophobe.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:31pm

Look, if that Cadet doesn't know who she/he is - then they obviously are not mentally fit for want of being just as confused as their fellow staff.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:31pm

Valkie wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 5:00pm:

Because we do not need mentally ill persons in the armed forces.

What they really need is to send these mentally ill gender confused individuals to a mental asylum for treatment.

Not give them guns

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Valkie, you're displaying your Homophobia again for all to see.  Being Gay is not a mental illness.  Being Gay is natural and normal.   Gays have been allowed to serve (openly) in the ADF now for over 20 years.   Nothing has happened because of that.  Funny how you're betrayed by reality.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:32pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Look, if that Cadet doesn't know who she/he is - then they obviously are not mentally fit for want of being just as confused as their fellow staff.

The "fellow staff" just has to show some flexibility, JaSin.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Quote:

I've known some fine soldiers who were Gay.  They didn't lack aggression in any way.  One of them became the top Recruit for their Course.   Roll Eyes

Don't twist what I said.  I clearly said newly 'gender assigned and on hormones'.  Not gay, as such   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:29pm:
cods wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:04pm:

Ah, so asking questions equates to "lies" in your mind, does, Cods?   Roll Eyes

I asked if it represented a problem.  Being an ex-soldier I cannot see this representing any problem, except to a homophobe.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

hehehehehe sure   so how would you address this person who cannot be called sir or madam  or he or she..

what would you call this non person????

read the op.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:34pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:33pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Quote:

Don't twist what I said.  I clearly said newly 'gender assigned'.  Not gay, as such   Roll Eyes

bwain  doesnt understand  the difference BO... hes confused like he is in most threads.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print