Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Where is the ABC, Fairfax, Guardian? (Read 3083 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Where is the ABC, Fairfax, Guardian?
Reply #15 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 2:25pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:33am:
Gordon wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:01pm:
ABC radio The world today did an in depth piece on SSM in Sydneys ethnic communities.  They extensively covered Asian both Christian and Buddhist where it seemed about 50/50.

They spent about 10 seconds on Islam where they where projecting 70%+ no.

Gutless.

The gutless journalism of the Left is why conservative columnists and those with their own TV shows are so popular nowadays.

Only with their willing converts, like yourself, hey?  Most Australians are middle-of-the-road people who treat them with contempt - that they deserve, like you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #16 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 4:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:14pm:
The Muslim population, across Australia represents approximately 3% of the total population of the nation.  Do you really think that will have a massive effect on the survey's results?  I don't.    Roll Eyes

And that small percentage - of THAT small percentage - have been granted citizenship, therefore on the electoral role and contributing to this survey

So the Muslim contribution to this survey is half a bee's dick past insignificant

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #17 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 4:49pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:33am:
Gordon wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:01pm:
ABC radio The world today did an in depth piece on SSM in Sydneys ethnic communities.  They extensively covered Asian both Christian and Buddhist where it seemed about 50/50.

They spent about 10 seconds on Islam where they where projecting 70%+ no.

Gutless.

The gutless journalism of the Left is why
conservative columnists
and those with their own TV shows are so popular nowadays.

Actually, they've been found to be more popular - because they use smaller words

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 9:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 2:22pm:
So, why are you so fearful of a tiny minority of the population again?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Because what they believe is toxic.

It has never been anything but a toxic and destructive invader.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #19 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:58pm

Frank wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 9:48pm:
So, why are you so fearful of a tiny minority of the population again?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Because what they believe is toxic.

It has never been anything but a toxic and destructive invader.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Move along folks, move along.  It's just Soren showing off his Islamophobia yet again.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:50pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:29pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 10:58pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:28pm:
Why must the Public Broadcaster and the private media dance to your tune?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

what tune? Their responsibility is to report on current affairs, opinions, etc, that is in the public interest. Same Sex Marriage Vote is in the public interest. Reporting on community groups that are FOR same sex marriage, and on community groups that are AGAINST same sex marriage, is in the public interest. Why? Because it is important to understand what the issues are, and why some of the so called 'leaders' would vote either FOR or AGAINST.  So, why does the media become selective in this? Are muslim community leaders NOT someone that it's important to hear from in this debate? I mean, I voted yes, so for me the less idiots being reported on, who are coming up with sad sack stupid reasons, the better. But none the less, if you're going to report on the Church's position, then why not on the MPAC position?

The Muslim population, across Australia represents approximately 3% of the total population of the nation.  Do you really think that will have a massive effect on the survey's results?  I don't.    Roll Eyes

And the Jewish community is even less. Carlton membership is even less.

You seem to be missing the point, Brian.

And that?  Oh, thats right, lets pillory the Muslims again, right?  Sorry, Alevine, they are a tiny minority compared to the majority.   Shame really, isn't it, if the reverse was true, you might have some justification for your feelings of unreasonable Islamophobia but it isn't, now is it?  So, why are you so fearful of a tiny minority of the population again?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Is it common that you simply ignore a previous response and repeat?  If the reason for ignoring reporting on Islamic leaders views was based on the number of people who are Muslim in Australia, then why report about Jewish leaders, and the Carlton football club?

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:58pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 4:44pm:

And that small percentage - of THAT small percentage - have been granted citizenship, therefore on the electoral role and contributing to this survey

So the Muslim contribution to this survey is half a bee's dick past insignificant

Irrelevant to the thread.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:25pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:50pm:
Is it common that you simply ignore a previous response and repeat? 

Only when necessary.  I find with simple minds, repetition works best, Alevine.

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:50pm:
If the reason for ignoring reporting on Islamic leaders views was based on the number of people who are Muslim in Australia, then why report about Jewish leaders, and the Carlton football club?

A good question.  Perhaps you need to ask it of someone who works in the media?  Particularly the commercial media.   Personally, I like most Jews.  They tend to have a wicked sense of humour usually, for the most part.  Members of Carlton?  No idea, don't follow Footbrawl.  Doesn't interest me.  Does it interest you?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:26pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:58pm:

Only cause you want to ignore facts, Alevine.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:38pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:26pm:

No, it's not about ignoring facts. It's simply that it's irrelevant because we've alreayd covered that clearly the media doesn't think populations of Jews or Carlton Football Club members is such a small percentage it's half a bee's dick past insignificant; and yet they do with muslim community? Why?

tsk, tsk?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:27pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:38pm:

No, it's not about ignoring facts. It's simply that it's irrelevant because we've alreayd covered that clearly the media doesn't think populations of Jews or Carlton Football Club members is such a small percentage it's half a bee's dick past insignificant; and yet they do with muslim community? Why?

tsk, tsk?

Because the media likes to demonise the Muslims because they want to court controversy in order to sell more advertising space, Alevine.  No other reason.  People like you are phobic towards Muslims because of what a tiny minority of a tiny minority say to the media.  Tsk, tsk, indeed.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:27pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:38pm:

tsk, tsk?

Because the media likes to demonise the Muslims because they want to court controversy in order to sell more advertising space, Alevine.  No other reason.  People like you are phobic towards Muslims because of what a tiny minority of a tiny minority say to the media.  Tsk, tsk, indeed. 

They like to demonise by not reporting something that someone like you would say is demonising the Muslims?  Do you even know what your arguing about?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #27 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:44pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
They like to demonise by not reporting something that someone like you would say is demonising the Muslims?  Do you even know what your arguing about?

Ah, changing the goal posts, hey, Alevine.  How typical for an Islamophobe.   At this point we were discussing why you believe Muslims were quoted in the media in disproportionate rates to their part of the population...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:49pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:44pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:33pm:

Ah, changing the goal posts, hey, Alevine.  How typical for an Islamophobe.   At this point we were discussing why you believe Muslims were quoted in the media in disproportionate rates to their part of the population...    Roll Eyes

no, we weren't, actually. What we were discussing was why the media did not publish a story which is quite relevant to same sex marriage debate, because it had to do with stance from a Muslim group. At no point were we discussing why I believe Muslims are quoted in the media in disproportionate rates to their part of the population. In fact, I don't believe that. I never even said that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print