Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Where is the ABC, Fairfax, Guardian? (Read 3092 times)
sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Where is the ABC, Fairfax, Guardian?
Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:32pm

Given the current public debate and vote regarding Same Sex Marriage it is reasonable that the media would focus on the stance of community groups and community leaders.  Opposition from the church is obviously heavily covered, along with the opposition from groups such as the 'Coalition for Marriage'.  Even the Carlton Football Club has featured today in Melbourne's 'The Age'. 

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-blues-president-defends-clubs-posi...

And yet, when it comes to one minority in Australia, our so called unbiased media has decided to stay a little quiet.  2 days ago, The Australian featured an article on the Muslim Political Action Committee and their stance against Same Sex marriage.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/new-muslim-group-launches-campaign-a...

Doing a simple search has found no mention of this from The Guardian, Fairfax Media, or even the ABC.

Jewish community leaders have had articles about their positions (unsurprisingly, orthodox against and the reformation movement has no problem). Catholic leaders obviously have articles about their positions. Even the Carlton Football Club have articles about their position.  But MPAC? What makes MPAC so special? Why is our media afraid to report on the position of islamic groups and islamic community leaders?
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:43pm by sir prince duke alevine »  

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Re: Where is the ABC, Fairfax, Guardian?
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:00pm

It's obvious. All religions are equal, some more equal than others.

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:01pm

ABC radio The world today did an in depth piece on SSM in Sydneys ethnic communities.  They extensively covered Asian both Christian and Buddhist where it seemed about 50/50.

They spent about 10 seconds on Islam where they where projecting 70%+ no.

Gutless.

IBI

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:24pm

Where is the ABC, Fairfax, Guardian?

Quote:

Gutless.

Deceitful pretenders.

Pretenders to the moniker of journalism.

Journalism, is essentially, the act, or profession, of reporting what is occurring in the world, or in our local community.

But today, sadly, the term 'journalism', has more association with
POPULAR INFLUENCE PEDDLING,
by those who falsely purport to be 'journalists'.

Dictionary;
journal = =
1 a newspaper or magazine dealing with a particular subject.
2 a diary.      a logbook.       a record of the daily proceedings in the Houses of Parliament.      a daily record of business transactions.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:28pm

Why must the Public Broadcaster and the private media dance to your tune?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 10:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:28pm:
Why must the Public Broadcaster and the private media dance to your tune?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

what tune? Their responsibility is to report on current affairs, opinions, etc, that is in the public interest. Same Sex Marriage Vote is in the public interest. Reporting on community groups that are FOR same sex marriage, and on community groups that are AGAINST same sex marriage, is in the public interest. Why? Because it is important to understand what the issues are, and why some of the so called 'leaders' would vote either FOR or AGAINST.  So, why does the media become selective in this? Are muslim community leaders NOT someone that it's important to hear from in this debate? I mean, I voted yes, so for me the less idiots being reported on, who are coming up with sad sack stupid reasons, the better. But none the less, if you're going to report on the Church's position, then why not on the MPAC position?

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:14pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 10:58pm:

what tune? Their responsibility is to report on current affairs, opinions, etc, that is in the public interest. Same Sex Marriage Vote is in the public interest. Reporting on community groups that are FOR same sex marriage, and on community groups that are AGAINST same sex marriage, is in the public interest. Why? Because it is important to understand what the issues are, and why some of the so called 'leaders' would vote either FOR or AGAINST.  So, why does the media become selective in this? Are muslim community leaders NOT someone that it's important to hear from in this debate? I mean, I voted yes, so for me the less idiots being reported on, who are coming up with sad sack stupid reasons, the better. But none the less, if you're going to report on the Church's position, then why not on the MPAC position?

The Muslim population, across Australia represents approximately 3% of the total population of the nation.  Do you really think that will have a massive effect on the survey's results?  I don't.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:14pm:

The Muslim population, across Australia represents approximately 3% of the total population of the nation.  Do you really think that will have a massive effect on the survey's results?  I don't.    Roll Eyes

And the Jewish community is even less. Carlton membership is even less.

You seem to be missing the point, Brian.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:03am

The muslim community during this debate has been noticeable in their overwhelming silence both ways. This fact was covered by the ABC with some analysis about why this might be the case. And yet even the luvvy lefty apologist ABC did not try and hide the fact that most muslims would be opposed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-31/same-sex-marriage-why-have-muslims-been-so...

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:29am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:03am:
The muslim community during this debate has been noticeable in their overwhelming silence both ways. This fact was covered by the ABC with some analysis about why this might be the case. And yet even the luvvy lefty apologist ABC did not try and hide the fact that most muslims would be opposed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-31/same-sex-marriage-why-have-muslims-been-so...

That ABC radio program I mentioned spent nearly 10 minutes talking about asians on SSM, mostly focusing on Christian and a bit about Buddhist.

When it came to Islam, it seems like they added it in just to tick the box of being seen to cover it and spent less than 10 seconds on it.

IBI

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:33am

Gordon wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:01pm:
ABC radio The world today did an in depth piece on SSM in Sydneys ethnic communities.  They extensively covered Asian both Christian and Buddhist where it seemed about 50/50.

Gutless.

The gutless journalism of the Left is why conservative columnists and those with their own TV shows are so popular nowadays.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:04am

Gutless.

Funny, radio national have been doing quite a bit on Islam recently, and its hardly been apologetic. Most interesting was a series done by a Pakistani comedian - who has left Islam. He certainly didn't hold back about his disdain for Islam - but I guess he would tick your 'gutless' box for not demonizing muslims.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:26am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:04am:

Gutless.

Funny, radio national have been doing quite a bit on Islam recently, and its hardly been apologetic. Most interesting was a series done by a Pakistani comedian - who has left Islam. He certainly didn't hold back about his disdain for Islam - but I guess he would tick your 'gutless' box for not demonizing muslims.

I only demonise the whacky things Muslims think or say.
Why shouldn't they be held account to their ideas?

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 2:22pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:29pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:14pm:

And the Jewish community is even less. Carlton membership is even less.

You seem to be missing the point, Brian.

And that?  Oh, thats right, lets pillory the Muslims again, right?  Sorry, Alevine, they are a tiny minority compared to the majority.   Shame really, isn't it, if the reverse was true, you might have some justification for your feelings of unreasonable Islamophobia but it isn't, now is it?  So, why are you so fearful of a tiny minority of the population again?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 2:22pm

The reason the editors of left leaning media platforms are relatively quiet on this issue is because they have not figured out a way to spin it in the favour of the Muzlims. Better to criticise Christians so at least they don't have to show their inconsistency.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print