Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Everybody's scared of their shadows (Read 1046 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Everybody's scared of their shadows
Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:55am

It's like a herd of buffaloes smelling the presence of the buffalo hunters. They're shifting about and pretty soon they will break and run. Maybe they'll even run over a cliff.

One of the things that has markets on edge now, if it isn't the latest Trump fake news, is China.
But the fact is China is doing OK.

China is in transition from an investment infrastructure  & export economy to a consumer economy. Mind you, the west hasn't done too well out of a consumer economy. Eventually you come to that point where people have as much stuff (Chinese stuff?) in their houses as they can possibly eat, wear, play with or have sex with.

But there is no real reason to panic over China. Their debt to GDP ratio seems to have come to a very respectable level and their trade balance is legend. That's what the China experts say anyway.

The panickers should just concentrate on worrying about the west's financial bubbles. That's where the trouble will come from.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Everybody's scared of their shadows
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:45pm

...and if China goes to war?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:17pm

China won't go to war unless NK attacks it and that's unlikely.
China is too smart to go to war. Nothing is that important to them.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:40pm

Do mean if NK attacks USA/SK/Nihon?

My money is still on China going to war against the Russians who started all the trouble back in the USSR days.

If China wants to become the most dominant 'Economic' nation, then it will have to expend its Military as a complete 'write-off'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:44pm

There are no Chinese imports that the west needs.  It's just all cheap junk that attracts the bogan market

China's military capabilities are pathetic and it is not likely to go to war against anyone.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:47pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:55am:
It's like a herd of buffaloes smelling the presence of the buffalo hunters. They're shifting about and pretty soon they will break and run. Maybe they'll even run over a cliff.

One of the things that has markets on edge now, if it isn't the latest Trump fake news, is China.
But the fact is China is doing OK.

China is in transition from an investment infrastructure  & export economy to a consumer economy. Mind you, the west hasn't done too well out of a consumer economy. Eventually you come to that point where people have as much stuff (Chinese stuff?) in their houses as they can possibly eat, wear, play with or have sex with.

But there is no real reason to panic over China. Their debt to GDP ratio seems to have come to a very respectable level and their trade balance is legend. That's what the China experts say anyway.

The panickers should just concentrate on worrying about the west's financial bubbles. That's where the trouble will come from.

China will be fine.  They're developing Africa to buy their cheap junk.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 5:36pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:44pm:
There are no Chinese imports that the west needs.  It's just all cheap junk that attracts the bogan market

China's military capabilities are pathetic and it is not likely to go to war against anyone. 

Yes. The Chinese Military machine was, afterall - 'Made in China', so chances are that it falls to bits after the first year of action.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print