Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Why do you oppose SSM? (Read 21709 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Why do you oppose SSM?
Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:06pm

Many people who oppose SSM say that it will devalue traditional marriage.

How?

How does another person's choice to marry his/her partner affect you and your relationship?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Why do you oppose SSM?
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:13pm

I don't - I merely say that the best solution is the middle way - if agreed to by a majority of the voting public in a binding vote - for a 'separate but equal' position for Gay Marriage or whatever it will be called, with it is clearly stated that this is a special issue and that churches have the unmitigated option to accept or reject it according to their conscience.

The gays (etc) have always lead life in a parallel universe - let them continue happily there.

Now - where are all these hard facts on all these gays worldwide committing suicide BECAUSE of 'marriage inequality'?  It seems to me that if they are that unstable, especially any here in Australia (the only country we have any control over, BTW)  before the vote is even counted, they were going to commit suicide anyway.

To respond, for the umpteenth tedious time, to your question - because marriage is defined as between a man and a woman - what the SSM YES lobby are seeking is inclusion, not equality, since they have equality already as regards marriage - any man may marry any woman and vice versa, and gays/lesbians etc have been doing so for centuries.  The ONLY Right associated with the decision to Marry is to not be compelled to marry.the 'right to marry the person of your choice' is not open-ended, since it is bound by the definition above.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't directly affect anyone else - obviously it does in many cases, but let's leave that for now - the fact is that ssm does not fit the millennia old definition of marriage.

Now how many times am I going to have to explain that?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:14pm

I think anyone saying NO has already said why..

why not ask the YES people the same thing..

whats in it for them...maybe they have a close one who is gay..

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:16pm

cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:14pm:

If you're asking my view, I think that marriage equality is about the principal of 'equality under law'. Marriage is certainly a legal institution, and by denying homosexual couples the choice to marry, this is denying them equal protection under the law.

Maybe people have expressed their views, but I want to know how it affects you as an individual? Will you wake up every morning questioning your own marriage?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:17pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:06pm:

How?

How does another person's choice to marry his/her partner affect you and your relationship?

I couldn't give a fig about the sanctity of marriage and in principle I'm OK with SSM, but I'm concerned with the way the yes campaign is being conducted and branding/labeling anyone with a different view.

It's cultural Marxism and the gays are the meat in the sandwich.

IBI

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:18pm

How?

Marriage is the recognition of a special bond between man and woman! Using that word to describe anything else devalues it, the church and so Western Civilisation!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:18pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:13pm:
I don't - I merely say that the best solution is the middle way - if agreed to by a majority of the voting public in a binding vote - for a 'separate but equal' position for Gay Marriage or whatever it will be called, with it is clearly stated that this is a special issue and that churches have the unmitigated option to accept or reject it according to their conscience.

The gays (etc) have always lead life in a parallel universe - let them continue happily there.

Now - where are all these hard facts on all these gays worldwide committing suicide BECAUSE of 'marriage inequality'?  It seems to me that if they are that unstable, especially any here in Australia (the only country we have any control over, BTW)  before the vote is even counted, they were going to commit suicide anyway.

I honestly believe that the best way - the middle of the road is the have the state abolish legal marriage entirely, and instead establish civil unions. Leave marriage to religious institutions.

That way, eveyone is equal under the law, and the churches can define marriage as they wish.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:20pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:18pm:

How?

Marriage is the recognition of a special bond between man and woman! Using that word to describe anything else devalues it, the church and so Western Civilisation!

Marriage is a contract between two consenting adults who have legal recognition under the law.

I'll meet you halfway here: you support the abolition of legal marriage in favour of civil unions and I'll agree to let churches define marriage how they want. Deal?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:20pm:

How?

Marriage is a contract between two consenting adults who have legal recognition under the law.

I'll meet you halfway here: you support the abolition of legal marriage in favour of civil unions and I'll agree to let churches define marriage how they want. Deal?

No deal: you just want to devalue the word 'marriage'.....

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:26pm

To respond, for the umpteenth tedious time, to your question - because marriage is defined as between a man and a woman - what the SSM YES lobby are seeking is inclusion, not equality, since they have equality already as regards marriage - any man may marry any woman and vice versa, and gays/lesbians etc have been doing so for centuries.  The ONLY Right associated with the decision to Marry is to not be compelled to marry.the 'right to marry the person of your choice' is not open-ended, since it is bound by the definition above.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't directly affect anyone else - obviously it does in many cases, but let's leave that for now - the fact is that ssm does not fit the millennia old definition of marriage.

The emancipation of women does not fit the millennia old expectation of women in society. Does this mean that women shouldnt work?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:29pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:25pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:20pm:

How?

No deal: you just want to devalue the word 'marriage'.....

By allowing churches define what marriage is? Marriage is traditionally defined as a once-in-a-lifetime commitment (unless one or the other dies), does that mean that any person who remarries has an invalid marriage? What about a person who commits adultery and then remarries his/her adulterer? Should that be considered marriage?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:29pm

the reality is  marriage is the reason for creating  children...

how will they explain   man with man women with women ..  how can you use the other sex to fulfil a gratification.....they shun them yet they use them..

isnt there a conflict there somehow.... Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:32pm

Second to that, traditionally, marriage was defined as an eternal union between a man and woman. Does that mean that if a man or woman remarries (unless his/her husband/wife has died), does that still comply with the millennia old definition of marriage? What is a person commits adultery, and then marries her/her adulterer? Is that still defined as marriage? What if a couple get married but don't have children (not because they can't but because they don't want to), should it still be considered 'marriage'?

Marriage has also traditionally been a religious institution. Does that mean that if a Christian and Muslim marry each other (without one converting to other) that they're technically not married?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:33pm

cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:29pm:

how will they explain   man with man women with women ..  how can you use the other sex to fulfil a gratification.....they shun them yet they use them..

So, if a heterosexual couple get married and don't have children by choice, is that marriage still valid? What if a man divorces his wife with whom he has had 3 kids to marry a younger woman for the sake of pleasure? Is that still marriage?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:36pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:33pm:

So, if a heterosexual couple get married and don't have children by choice, is that marriage still valid? What if a man divorces his wife with whom he has had 3 kids to marry a younger woman for the sake of pleasure? Is that still marriage?

duh?..     it doesnt matter a man and a women will still procreate which is the main intention....

it you put all the gays on a special island   no IVF what would they all do to become parents... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

do you think anyone would swap partners....?  or would they all stick to their  truth of being gay and lyal..

IP Logged

Francis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:36pm

I love my dog.....why can't  people just respect that ? Embarrassed

No tenemos miedo!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:38pm

Francis wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
I love my dog.....why can't  people just respect that ? Embarrassed

does he love you???....you cant force yourself on anyone or thing frances   we will find this out when we get the legislation.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:38pm

The Waffen SSM point out that the whole debate is about equality. Homosexuality is inferior to heterosexuality; and our laws and institutions should reflect that while still being tolerant and compassionate.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:20pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #18 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:38pm

cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:36pm:

duh?..     it doesnt matter a man and a women will still procreate which is the main intention....

it you put all the gays on a special island   no IVF what would they all do to become parents... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

do you think anyone would swap partners....?  or would they all stick to their  truth of being gay and lyal..

But, if they don't have children, then by your definition it's not marriage.

I'm willing to agree with this, if you support the legal abolition of marriage, implement civil unions, and allow churches to define marriage. That way, a church can choose to not to 'marry' divorcees or annul marriages if they don't produce children.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #19 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:39pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:38pm:
The Waffen SSM point out that the whole debate is about equality. Homosexuality is inferior to homosexuality; and our laws and institutions should reflect that while still being tolerant and compassionate.

Why is it inferior?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #20 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:47pm

I will agree that there has always been a traditional definition of marriage, which:

- a union of a man and woman before the eyes of God
- the union is til 'death do us part'
- the union must be sanctified by the church.
- a person of one religion can only marry a person of the same religion;
- the marriage must result in children (except in the case of medical condition).

If you agree that:

- a divorce(e) cannot re-marry
- an adulterer cannot re-marry
- a marriage that does not produce children can be retroactively nullified by the church/state.
- inter-faith marriages are illegal.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:05pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
The Waffen SSM point out that the whole debate is about equality. Homosexuality is inferior to homosexuality; and our laws and institutions should reflect that while still being tolerant and compassionate.

Why is it inferior?

Homo's advances were slighted once by a man he fell in love with. He turned his back on love and has lived with his mother ever since.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #22 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:12pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:05pm:

Why is it inferior?

Homo's advances were slighted once by a man he fell in love with. He turned his back on love and has lived with his mother ever since.

"...All men are pigs,.. All men are pigs ..."

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:18pm

Why is it inferior?

The biologies/physiologies of the two genders are designed to accommodate the physical act for the purpose of child birth. Same sex couplings aren't so designed. Don't blame me; I didn't make the rules.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:29pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:12pm:

Why is it inferior?

I like all pigs.... I dont like all men  though  Sad

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:41pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:38pm:
cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:36pm:

But, if they don't have children, then by your definition it's not marriage.

I'm willing to agree with this, if you support the legal abolition of marriage, implement civil unions, and allow churches to define marriage. That way, a church can choose to not to 'marry' divorcees or annul marriages if they don't produce children.

not at all if its in the register its a marriage..

marriage was  the reason to procreate    it doesnt happen to everyone..but that doesnt mean they are not married.......BY LAW.....

dont forget these laws are manmade...

words do not change anything  AUgustus    all it does is make you think its changed...

civil union is marriage   why should the word marriage be obliterated????......to suit a minority group?.....

would they change civil union to marriage   if they were the majority????????....

Roll Eyes

I think the legislation will have to mention   the Churchs rights to marry or not to marry....

I will wait until I see it......

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #26 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:52pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:18pm:

Why is it inferior?

The biologies/physiologies of the two genders are designed to accommodate the physical act for the purpose of child birth. Same sex couplings aren't so designed. Don't blame me; I didn't make the rules.

So, you believe that the ability to procreate makes a heterosexual couple more superior? What if they don't have children?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #27 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:56pm

cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:41pm:
civil union is marriage   why should the word marriage be obliterated????......to suit a minority group?.....

Civil union is not marriage. If it were then why don't conservatives oppose the use of the word 'Civil Union' for same-sex couples? Marriage is a religious definition - it means the intertwining of a man and a woman under God for the purpose of procreation. Churches should be allowed fully to enforce these principals. I don't believe that adulterers should remarry; but the Government forces down my throat the definition of marriage as being allowed to be married twice or three times. This is not marriage. Marriage is once in a lifetime. If you stuff it up, then that's it. You only get one chance.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:59pm

That's irrelevant. The design of the human body is more copacetic to male/female intimacy. Procreation is the goal, although the function of sexuality is still apparent between a man and woman without it.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #29 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:04pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:59pm:
That's irrelevant. The design of the human body is more copacetic to male/female intimacy. Procreation is the goal, although the function of sexuality is still apparent between a man and woman without it.

If procreation were the goal, why did God make it pleasurable?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #30 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:13pm

cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:12pm:

Why is it inferior?

I like all pigs.... I dont like all men  though  Sad

Every normal person loves pigs
Bacon, pork, ham, etc, etc.

Only sick muzzos hate pigs.
And thats only because mullhumed was sired by one

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:14pm

I will be voting NO because marriage is for a man and a women.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:20pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:04pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:59pm:

If procreation were the goal, why did God make it pleasurable?

Study Darwin's ' 'theory of natural selection.'

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #33 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:34pm

Should we ban woman who are baron or men who are sterile from getting married, after all marriage is about children not love so marriage has no practical purpose for these people....We could call it something else that has the same meaning and rights but differentiates from the traditional marriage between child bearing couples???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:51pm

Perhaps Phil since you seem to think so, why do you need a marriage certificate to validate/confirm/prove your love?
I don't. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:54pm

Again, even without childbirth, human anatomy is more copacetic to female/male relations. Don't blame me, I didn't design the sexual organs of humans.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #36 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:56pm

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:34pm:
Should we ban woman who are baron or men who are sterile from getting married, after all marriage is about children not love so marriage has no practical purpose for these people....We could call it something else that has the same meaning and rights but differentiates from the traditional marriage between child bearing couples???

Huh Huh Huh

How do you know they're barren unless you intrude?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #37 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:58pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:51pm:
Perhaps Phil since you seem to think so, why do you need a marriage certificate to validate/confirm/prove your love?
I don't. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Nor did my 9 yo nephews parents!

(They got married 4 days before he turned ten because the mother demanded it!)

((What the f^#% is wrong with my brother ?))

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: Why do you support SSM?
Reply #38 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:40pm

Don't support equality because the whole religious position of being superior to gay people crumbles. If gay people are not evil and hated by the vengful god, then what's the point of religion if there's no one to hate. 

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:54pm by ____ »  

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:47pm

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:50pm

How?

The thought of 2 blokes pounding each other makes me feel sick.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:53pm

So Augustus.
Do you equate homosexual anal sex with heterosexual vaginal sex?

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #42 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:54pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:50pm:

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.
How does that make you feel?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #43 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:58pm

whats in it for them

What's in it for me, absolutely nothing it is just the right thing to do.

It isn't always about what you get out of it.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:59pm

Sodomy is sodomy.
Do you think most heterosexuals partake in it regularly?  If at all?

Whereas how often do male homosexuals have anal sex?

You lose... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #45 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:59pm

How?

Why do you feel the need to spend your time thinking about that ??

I cant say I have ever had that experience ?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:00pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:58pm:

whats in it for them

Really?
The right thing to do?
In whose world oh shallow thinker? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #47 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:02pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:59pm:
Sodomy is sodomy.

You lose... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The quantity is not relevant.
What is, is the blindness the No have to the sodomites in their camp.
How many No camp priests sodomised children?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #48 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:03pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:00pm:

whats in it for them

Really?
The right thing to do?

Depth of thought or possibly thought at all are topics you should stay away from.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #49 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:04pm

That's right, you say no because the Yes camp put up an argument.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:09pm

Doctors and medical staff need to declare whether they are homo or not before they start any procedures on patients - you might be the patient! so ask first, before they get their jollies

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:14pm

____ wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:54pm:

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

The tissue surrounding the anus is very fragile. Biologically speaking, the penetration of the anus with anything is not desirable, irrespective of the nature of the relationship.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #52 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:14pm:

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

The tissue surrounding the anus is very fragile. Biologically speaking, the penetration of the anus with anything is not desirable, irrespective of the nature of the relationship.

Tell it to the Priests.
They are the ones that use force.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:21pm

____ wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:04pm:

It wasn't the argument - it was the style of the argument...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:22pm

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

Wives do that?  Well, buggar me....   Wink Grin Smiley

― John Adams

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #55 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:23pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:21pm:

It wasn't the argument - it was the style of the argument...

That's not what cods said.

She said if the yes camp had said nothing, she would of voted yes.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #56 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:24pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:22pm:

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

Yep. Strap ons ... so I'm told.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:27pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:18pm:

I honestly believe that the best way - the middle of the road is the have the state abolish legal marriage entirely, and instead establish civil unions. Leave marriage to religious institutions.

That way, eveyone is equal under the law, and the churches can define marriage as they wish.

Fair points, I think.  As long as the rights of all in fixed relationships are protected equally, I'm content.  Frankly, the thought that a gay partner of many years has no rights in property or even organising funeral etc is abhorrent to me.  I don;t think that is fair in any way... but marriage is not the answer... legal rights are the answer.

As for all the possible outcomes from permitting 'gay marriage', such as the intrusion into schools of hidden agendas and such - surely it is the DUTY of our elected representatives to abide by the rules of decency and common sense.

I hear that in Victoria Safe Schools was booted out, but the public servants are not abiding by the orders of their political masters.  Such public servants should be immediately sacked without any rights, regardless of their position and pension rights etc.

If Joe Bloggs the Titter and Furner at Ginamite Blasting Corp disobeyed a clear order, he wouldn't see daylight between himself and the gate... why are public servants a protected species..... unless it is in the interests of their political masters to say one thing but allow the opposite.......

And thereby hangs a tale.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:27pm

____ wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:22pm:

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

Yep. Strap ons ... so I'm told.

Ouch....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #59 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:28pm

____ wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:02pm:
Sodomy is sodomy.

Oh dear....  first lets just point out to you that Priests are not married.  So your point dies yet again.

Also not all pedophile priests are homosexual...  yet another of your points dies...

You lose again and again. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #60 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:30pm

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

Awful.
It must be the End Times.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #61 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:31pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
Grendel wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:00pm:

whats in it for them

Really?
The right thing to do?

Depth of thought or possibly thought at all are topics you should stay away from.

Lol
If you have nothin...  then best you simply say nothing. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:38pm

― John Adams

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #63 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:38pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:28pm:
Sodomy is sodomy.

Oh dear....  first lets just point out to you that Priests are not married.  So your point dies yet again.

Also not all pedophile priests are homosexual...  yet another of your points dies...

Heterosexual priests are not allowed to marry and sodomise their wives. So they turn on children.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #64 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:39pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:30pm:

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

Awful.

So do you oppose heterosexual marriage because of sodomy.
Or are you a hypocrite?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #65 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:48pm

____ wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:39pm:

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

Awful.

Or are you a hypocrite?

Sometimes I get depressed -
I look at the state of the world:

Kim Jong-Un about to nuke us -
children in Africa born into a world with little food or water -
environmental destruction -
people sodomising each others bums.

I say to myself - this must be the End Times.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:50pm

,There's probably a bit of truth to that.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #67 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:16pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
So Augustus.

G, they're both sexual acts. The Apostle Paul condemned all sexual acts.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #68 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:17pm

How?

The thought of you makes me sick.

Should you be denied the right to marry?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #69 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:20pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:27pm:

Fair points, I think.  As long as the rights of all in fixed relationships are protected equally, I'm content.  Frankly, the thought that a gay partner of many years has no rights in property or even organising funeral etc is abhorrent to me.  I don;t think that is fair in any way... but marriage is not the answer... legal rights are the answer.

As for all the possible outcomes from permitting 'gay marriage', such as the intrusion into schools of hidden agendas and such - surely it is the DUTY of our elected representatives to abide by the rules of decency and common sense.

I hear that in Victoria Safe Schools was booted out, but the public servants are not abiding by the orders of their political masters.  Such public servants should be immediately sacked without any rights, regardless of their position and pension rights etc.

If Joe Bloggs the Titter and Furner at Ginamite Blasting Corp disobeyed a clear order, he wouldn't see daylight between himself and the gate... why are public servants a protected species..... unless it is in the interests of their political masters to say one thing but allow the opposite.......

Absolutely they would be. That's the point of establishing legal Civil Unions. The standard would be 2 consenting adults entering into a contractual arrangement.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #70 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:17pm:

How?

Come on smarty pants -
what they do to each other is terrible.
It's like a nightmare.

How can you give your approval of it?

Maybe you do it?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #71 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:48am

Bobby. wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:22pm:

How?

Come on smarty pants -
It's like a nightmare.

Maybe you do it?

What goes on in the bedroom is a matter for the individual and not for the state, provided its consenting adults. The state should stat out of the bedroom.

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #72 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:32am

I'm opposed because homos are mentally ill and should be treated as such...not given rights.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #73 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:41am

Dr Mengele wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:32am:
I'm opposed because homos are mentally ill and should be treated as such...not given rights.

Mental illness? Pot kettle black my friend.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #74 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:51am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:41am:

I'm not mentally ill, try again.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #75 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:57am

Dr Mengele wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:51am:

Thats what all undiagnosed untreated mentally ill patients say, try again.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #76 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:05pm

Dr Mengele wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:51am:

You clearly support the ideology of Nazism, and idolise Dr Joseph Mengele who was a sociopath and torturer.

That clearly tells me that you have a mental illness.

If I weren't a Libertarian, I'd call for you to be banned permanently.

You disgust me.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:41pm

But if they can marry, they'll all be listed for future easy disposal.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #78 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:41pm:

Good point, time to reopen Auschwitz.  Cool

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #79 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:42pm

____ wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:38pm:
Grendel wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:28pm:
Sodomy is sodomy.

Heterosexual priests are not allowed to marry and sodomise their wives. So they turn on children.

Anyone that sodomises their wife is sick!

Other he's sick or she's sick or they're both sick!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #80 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:43pm

____ wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:39pm:

How?

Husband and wife sodomy.

Awful.

Or are you a hypocrite?

I am disgusted by any brand of sodomy!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #81 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:48pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:20pm:

Absolutely they would be. That's the point of establishing legal Civil Unions. The standard would be 2 consenting adults entering into a contractual arrangement.

You are just attacking the word "marriage": that is your end goal and we all know it!

You are attacking the church and as such Western Civilisation : don't think we don't know!

Wink

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #82 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:49pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:16pm:
So Augustus.

G, they're both sexual acts. The Apostle Paul condemned all sexual acts.

?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #83 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:52pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:48am:

How?

Come on smarty pants -
It's like a nightmare.

Maybe you do it?

What goes on in the bedroom is a matter for the individual and not for the state, provided its consenting adults. The state should stat out of the bedroom.

Roll Eyes hence safe schools telling our children to practise sodomy for the purposes of writing a compare and contrast essay on the matter  Roll Eyes

Oh,... And the voting consumer sheeple  can say nothing about it: you know, the parents that consist of a man and a woman!

Grin Grin  Cheesy

What disgrace of a democracy would vote for that  Shocked ?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #84 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:54pm

Says the pastafarian!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #85 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:56pm

[quote author=Tony_Abbott link=1505801185/47#47 date=1505818979][quote author=grendel link=1505801185/44#44 date=1505818743]Sodomy is sodomy.

You lose... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

How many No camp priests sodomised children? [/quote]
At you seriously saying no gays ever committed abhorrent crimes on a massive scale?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #86 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:00pm

The yes camp won't Let consequences be examined: everyone that was ever born was taught to examine consequences!

Roll Eyes

The whole debate is a sham and the media and politicians have been caught out backing a very very dodgy set of announcements about what is right and wrong!

This is why most gays are against this survey: because THEY know WE know it's dodgy as!

Wink

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #87 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:06pm

____ wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:40pm:
Don't support equality because the whole religious position of being superior to gay people crumbles. If gay people are not evil and hated by the vengful god, then what's the point of religion if there's no one to hate. 

You're a fruitcake:  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #88 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:08pm

Sodomy is sodomy.

I've always said no to a girl if she wants that... She goes away and who cares!

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #89 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:58pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:48pm:

You are just attacking the word "marriage": that is your end goal and we all know it!

You are attacking the church and as such Western Civilisation : don't think we don't know!

Wink

Try again. I want to give power of marriage over to Churches without interference from the state.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #90 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:00pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:52pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:48am:

How?

Come on smarty pants -
It's like a nightmare.

Maybe you do it?

Roll Eyes hence safe schools telling our children to practise sodomy for the purposes of writing a compare and contrast essay on the matter  Roll Eyes

Oh,... And the voting consumer sheeple  can say nothing about it: you know, the parents that consist of a man and a woman!

Grin Grin  Cheesy

What disgrace of a democracy would vote for that  Shocked ?

If that is the case, then I totally disagree with this. Sex education is acceptable, but what you've described seems to cross the line.

You and I agree on this one.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #91 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:01pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:08pm:
Sodomy is sodomy.

I've always said no to a girl if she wants that... She goes away and who cares!

Good on ya.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #92 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:01pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:58pm:

Wink

Try again. I want to give power of marriage over to Churches without interference from the state.

You're an anarchist!

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #93 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:03pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:01pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:58pm:

Wink

You're an anarchist!

Small government libertarian.

Know the difference?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #94 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:13pm

[quote author=augcaesarustus link=1505801185/93#93 date=1505887432][quote author=AnotherJourneyByTr link=1505801185/92#92 date=1505887289][quote author=augcaesarustus link=1505801185/89#89 date=1505887118][quote author=AnotherJourneyByTr link=1505801185/81#81 date=1505882907][quote author=augcaesarustus link=1505801185/69#69 date=1505823623][quote author=The_Grappler link=1505801185/57#57 date=1505820440][quote author=augcaesarustus link=1505801185/6#6 date=1505801891][quote author=The_Grappler link=1505801185/1#1 date=1505801594]I don't - I merely say that the best solution is the middle way - if agreed to by a majority of the voting public in a binding vote - for a 'separate but equal' position for Gay Marriage or whatever it will be called, with it is clearly stated that this is a special issue and that churches have the unmitigated option to accept or reject it according to their conscience.

[/quote]

That way, eveyone is equal under the law, and the churches can define marriage as they wish. [/quote]

Fair points, I think.  [highlight]As long as the rights of all in fixed relationships are protected equally, I'm content. [/highlight] Frankly, the thought that a gay partner of many years has no rights in property or even organising funeral etc is abhorrent to me.  I don;t think that is fair in any way... but marriage is not the answer... legal rights are the answer.

And thereby hangs a tale.....[/quote]

Absolutely they would be. That's the point of establishing legal Civil Unions. The standard would be 2 consenting adults entering into a contractual arrangement. [/quote]

;)[/quote]

[/quote]
You're an [highlight]anarchist![/highlight]
[/quote]

Small government libertarian.

Know the difference?  ::) ::)[/quote]
Why don't you tell the world what your pretend difference is?  ;D

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #95 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:21pm

All this talk about sodomy makes me think thou doest protest too much.
Just because you got a woody at your prostate exam, you are unviolated!

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #96 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:23pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:21pm:
All this talk about sodomy makes me think thou doest protest too much.
Just because you got a woody at your prostate exam, you are unviolated!

Are you some sort of dodgy feminist with your dodgy logic about how all men are pigs but yet you spend your whole life at the nightclub picking up extras while hubby sits at home and cries and waits for divorce papers?

Grin Grin

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:53pm

You can't help wondering why Futility in search of Failure is so keen on this weird SSM stuff ?

Of course everyone knows that the Greenies are hoping to use a YES as an excuse to attack every aspect of civilized society.

That's why Tony Abbott is warning about the tremendous disruption to society by the dead in the water Greenies that would follow a YES vote.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #98 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 2:14pm

juliar wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:53pm:
You can't help wondering why Futility in search of Failure is so keen on this weird SSM stuff ?

Of course everyone knows that the Greenies are hoping to use a YES as an excuse to attack every aspect of civilized society.

That's why Tony Abbott is warning about the tremendous disruption to society by the dead in the water Greenies that would follow a YES vote.

I'm anti-ssm!

Have you been hiding under a rock  Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #99 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:48pm

Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Do try to address it sensibly this time and answer the question. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #100 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:52pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Augustus doesn't believe in democracy: hasn't he told you that bit yet?

Wink Wink

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #101 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:57pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:52pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

First off I'm wondering if he actually knows the difference Roll Eyes

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #102 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:58pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:57pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

He's a nut! Pushing ssm he is obviously looking to destroy Western Civilisation.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #103 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:05pm

Still waiting...

So Augustus.

What do you mean by equate?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #104 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:06pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:58pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

He's a nut! Pushing ssm he is obviously looking to destroy Western Civilisation.

Funny that the ancient Greeks practised and even embraced homosexuality. They were the founders of western civilisation.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #105 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 9:34am

Dr Mengele wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:53pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:41pm:

Good point, time to reopen Auschwitz.  Cool

My husband who incidentally is a LEFTIE (moderate)....stated something similar a few days ago.

We all voted NO in the postal survey.

Why?

SSM can GGF 🖕

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #106 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 9:36am

Auggie wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 11:06pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

Funny that the ancient Greeks practised and even embraced homosexuality. They were the founders of western civilisation.

And look at where they are now?

Up Shyte Creek without a paddle.

Funny that 😐

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #107 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 9:38am

Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

He also runs a blog as Jovial Monk.

It's a very lonely online site.

Lots of monologues 😂

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #108 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:15am

If our paperwork turns up in mail , we're voting yes  Smiley

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #109 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:18am

Its time wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:15am:
If our paperwork turns up in mail , we're voting yes  Smiley

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #110 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:22am

Already voted.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:42am

Gordon wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 4:17pm:

How?

I couldn't give a fig about the sanctity of marriage and in principle I'm OK with SSM, but I'm concerned with the way the yes campaign is being conducted and branding/labeling anyone with a different view.

I guess malcolm was wrong about the public debating in a mature manner.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:50am

A friend of mine found this question at an online website a few days ago and shared it to me via Facebook. "In terms of the human race and procreation, homosexuality works against this for obvious reasons. There are very few examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom and certainly none that offer homosexual procreation for the continuation of that species. So, perhaps a question we should be asking ourselves is whether homosexuality in humans should be considered as normal as heterosexuality or whether it could be a psychological disorder possibly caused by some form of chemical imbalance in the brain?"

Thoughts?

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:51am

stunspore wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:42am:

How?

I guess so. Keep in mind, however, that almost all (the vast majority, at least) known bullying, harassment and cases of violence have been perpetrated by the pro-SSM camp.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: marriage Equality Now?
Reply #114 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:04am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:50am:
A friend of mine found this question at an online website a few days ago and shared it to me via Facebook. "In terms of the human race and procreation, homosexuality works against this for obvious reasons. There are very few examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom and certainly none that offer homosexual procreation for the continuation of that species. So, perhaps a question we should be asking ourselves is whether homosexuality in humans should be considered as normal as heterosexuality or whether it could be a psychological disorder possibly caused by some form of chemical imbalance in the brain?"

Thoughts?

Gays have sped up the evolution of the species. One of the reasons, Gays have more time for endeavours and research, since they have less time and resources invested in breeding the next generation.

You say breeding is a positive, only in making new consumers for the capitalistic machine to spit out.

Having a gay child should be seen as winning a jackpot. You have more chance of a successful and wealthy child to look after you in your dotty years.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #115 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:14am

It is unnatural, pervert and against children.
Isn't enough, what else you perverts want.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:04pm

How?

Its absurd, like a dog walking on it's  hind legs.
Makes you wonder who was cruel and stupid enough to put it up to such a bizarre thing.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #117 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:08pm

Frank wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:04pm:

How?

Makes you wonder who was cruel and stupid enough to put it up to such a bizarre thing.

You were asked:

Quote:

May we have your answer?

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #118 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 5:04pm

Anything which gweggy, aussie, jack sh, and mothball, as well as one or two others here agree with, then I’ll certainly disagree …………..their opinions are so important to me [sarc] that I  make a point of going in the opposite direction………so you see dullards your opinions do matter to me, in the same way as getting dog cr@p on my boot……..

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #119 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:08pm

____ wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 7:04am:

Thoughts?

Gays have sped up the evolution of the species. One of the reasons, Gays have more time for endeavours and research, since they have less time and resources invested in breeding the next generation.

You say breeding is a positive, only in making new consumers for the capitalistic machine to spit out.

Having a gay child should be seen as winning a jackpot. You have more chance of a successful and wealthy child to look after you in your dotty years.

There is no gay gene....  hence you do not breed homosexuals. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #120 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:20pm

Because of political correctness and the compassion of humans homosexuality is being tolerated, trouble is they are pushing the envelope, this would not happen in the animal kingdom.
RE; Darwin's theory of evolution.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:41pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:08pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:04pm:

How?

You were asked:

Quote:

May we have your answer?

Degrades it.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #122 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:48pm

How.  Will your relationship with your Wife deteriorate?

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #123 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 11:03pm

Thoughts?

There is an interesting theory that homosexuals were "helpers in the nest."

A hunter gatherer lifestyle was exceptionally difficult, it wasn't always possible for people to look after their own kids.

Enter the "non breeders." homosexuals gave tribes an extra pair of hands to help with children. Back in those days this could have meant the difference between life and death.

Homosexuality could be seen as an evolutionary advantage, these non breeders were able to care for and raise children while their parents were focused on survival for the tribe.

It may also explain why homosexuality is present in other species on this planet.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 12:49am

Johnnie wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:20pm:
Because of political correctness and the compassion of humans homosexuality is being tolerated, trouble is they are pushing the envelope, this would not happen in the animal kingdom.
RE; Darwin's theory of evolution.

Of course it was tolerated: biggest bully wins and that's all human jail-time is about!

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 12:51am

Aussie wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:48pm:

That's not the point: you are forgetting society?

Are you Margaret Thatcher?

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #126 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 1:10am

FraudulentAFL wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 12:51am:

How will society deteriorate? Society once thought inter-racial marriage would doom us. Giving women the vote would doom us.

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #127 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:03am

Isn't that a breach of forum rules regarding member's families?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #128 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:07am

Fuzzball wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:03am:

Isn't that a breach of forum rules regarding member's families?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #129 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:10am

Grendel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:08pm:

Thoughts?

There is no gay gene....  hence you do not breed homosexuals. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You know, I would dispute that.

In our family circle, there were four siblings.
each married a person from a different race.
Now, out of the four, only one family had homosexual children, and it turns out that, that same partner had family who were also homosexual.

None of the others had homosexual children, and it was not a prohibition in our family, it would have been accepted had any of the others been homosexual.

It appears to be a trait or possibly a mental illness passed on from one generation to another.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #130 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:21am

Valkie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:10am:

Thoughts?

Now, out of the four, only one family had homosexual children, and it turns out that, that same partner had family who were also homosexual.

None of the others had homosexual children, and it was not a prohibition in our family, it would have been accepted had any of the others been homosexual.

It appears to be a trait or possibly a mental illness passed on from one generation to another.

So, you reckon that homosexuality runs in families? Mental illness runs in families too.  Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:31am

stunspore wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 1:42am:

How?

I guess he was...

[urlhttp://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/samesex-marriage-women-kiss-on-stage-in-protest-at-no-event/news-story/6de2aea40cd923f468af85e8f6ec065a][/url]

TWO female protesters stormed the stage of a Coalition for Marriage “vote no” rally last night, embracing in a kiss before being escorted away.

A video of the stage invasion in Melbourne as posted on Twitter by Australian Christian Lobby managing director Lyle Shelton, who was speaking at the time.

The woman are seen kissing on stage for more than 20 seconds. They are then pulled offstage by a man as they remained kissing before security guards intervened.

It is alleged the women made several attempts to enter the room and were heard chanting “burn churches not queers” and “crucify Christians”.

The lobby group, which advocates for continuing to define marriage as being between a man and a woman, held the event in an attempt to convince people to vote no to marriage equality.

Mr Shelton posted the video online with this comment: “While Cella was speaking this just happened. The protester shouted ‘fascists’ into the microphone before this.”

Earlier in the evening, he tweeted about a female protester rushing onto the stage while he was speaking.

“She violently resisted security as they escorted her off,” he tweeted.

one dressed like a man  [even though she doesnt like them] so its not always easy to know...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #132 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 11:09am

Valkie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:10am:

Thoughts?

You can dispute it all you like but its true.
The human genome has been mapped and that and various studies including twin studies have come up with the conclusion that there is no gay gene.  No matter how much they like to claim there is.
Most studies now agree that nurture or life experience in the vast majority of cases is the main contributor to the behaviour.

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 1:30pm

Raven wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 1:10am:

How will society deteriorate? Society once thought inter-racial marriage would doom us. Giving women the vote would doom us.

Your argument is we should do anything the tv tells us to do!

That's called debauchery:  Shocked

Giving women the vote or allowing interacial marriages is not  changing an institution from one of heterosexuality to one of debauchery.

It just isn't.... the yes campaign is all false argument and won't even let the voting consumers in a democracy discuss consequences: and the AFL is supporting this with the many millions of dollars it has taken from the public in ticket and FOXTEL subsciption sales.

If the AFL wants to get political then it had better start explaining itself because that's what politics is.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #134 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:20pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 9:36am:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

Funny that 😐

Contemporary Greek society has little to do with Classical Greek times.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #135 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:24pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:20pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

Funny that 😐

Then why did YOU bring it up in the 1st place?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #136 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:24pm

FraudulentAFL wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 1:30pm:

Giving women the vote or allowing interacial marriages is not  changing an institution from one of heterosexuality to one of debauchery.

It just isn't.... the yes campaign is all false argument and won't even let the voting consumers in a democracy discuss consequences: and the AFL is supporting this with the many millions of dollars it has taken from the public in ticket and FOXTEL subsciption sales.

If the AFL wants to get political then it had better start explaining itself because that's what politics is.

Traditional marriage is 'til death so us part'. Therefore if a person divorces then remarries that second marriage is not actually marriage because it demeans the institution of marriage. If you don't support SSM because of traditional marriage then you also need to concede that second marriages are invalid.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #137 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

Funny that 😐

Classical Greek civilisation had had an impact on contemporary Western society, NOT on Greek society.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #138 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:28pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:24pm:

Traditional marriage is 'til death so us part'. Therefore if a person divorces then remarries that second marriage is not actually marriage because it demeans the institution of marriage. If you don't support SSM because of traditional marriage then you also need to concede that second marriages are invalid.

1. God instituted marriage btwn male and female.

2. The Holy Bible disagrees with your above clueless driven and invented views.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #139 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:29pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:25pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

Funny that 😐

Classical Greek civilisation had had an impact on contemporary Western society, NOT on Greek society.

That's actually incorrect.

Completely incorrect.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #140 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:07pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:28pm:

He also 'instituted' genocide...so we'll go with that as well?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #141 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:09pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:29pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 4:25pm:
Still waiting...

So Augustus.

Wink Wink

Funny that 😐

That's actually incorrect.

Completely incorrect.

No comeback .....with THIS id anyway Grin

Good!

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:10pm

You're a pedant trying to teach my kids sodomy in the classroom via the payroll of football leagues who raise multiple millions of dollars through tv deals and ticket sales all under fraudulent circumstance.

Consuming voters have rights and they include the ability to debate consequences in a democracy and who there money is actually going to.

I therefore condede nothing to you!

I cast thee away from my childrens children  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #143 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:23pm

Quote:

Bewdiful.  No-one will have a clue how to handle that.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #144 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Same sex marriage has been possible in NZ for about 4 years.
Is Kiwi society in ruin and tatters??

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #145 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:26pm

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #146 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:33pm

Quote:
God instituted marriage btwn male and female.

How many marriages did God say was okay within his idea of 'institution?'

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:37pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:33pm:
Quote:
God instituted marriage btwn male and female.

How many marriages did God say was okay within his idea of 'institution?'

Sounds like a vague question!

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:38pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:26pm:

No one cares!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #149 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:40pm

FraudulentAFL wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:38pm:

No one cares!

New Zealand, although geographically close to us, are 'culturally' more like the USA in that they have a tiny 'rich' class and huge 'poor' class with hardly any 'middle-class'.
Hence why the Gay & Redneck 'division' fits neatly for them.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #150 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:43pm

No one cares!

Yes, let's just have lies and fear.
No facts or evidence. Ever.

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:40pm:

No one cares!

New Zealand, although geographically close to us, are 'culturally' more like the USA in that they have a tiny 'rich' class and huge 'poor' class with hardly any 'middle-class'.
Hence why the Gay & Redneck 'division' fits neatly for them.

Be enlightening to see what happens to this country in 6 weeks then!

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:51pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:43pm:

No one cares!

Yes, let's just have lies and fear.
No facts or evidence. Ever.

How about we have a democracy where consequences aren't allowed to be discussed and our football leagues tell us so with all the money we give them to watch FOOTBALL  Roll Eyes

?????

Would that suit the feminist agenda enough for you?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #153 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Quote:

So, when the Priest says: "til death do us part", is that just him being nice, or following church doctrine?

Also, quote me the passage in the Bible which allows a person to marry his/her adulterer?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #154 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:59pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:09pm:

Good!

Read your history: the Ottoman Empire had more influence and impact on modern Greek society that did Classical Greek society.

The weakness of institutions in Greece is derived from its status within the Ottoman Empire.

The Ancient Greeks were better tax collectors than Greece is today.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #155 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:55pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:59pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:09pm:

Good!

Read your history: the Ottoman Empire had more influence and impact on modern Greek society that did Classical Greek society.

The weakness of institutions in Greece is derived from its status within the Ottoman Empire.

The Ancient Greeks were better tax collectors than Greece is today.

BS!

Edit :

FMD! My husband has just taken your freaking side on this!

He just told me : You may not like it but this guy is actually right. What's this guy's name? I answered "Caesar Augustus". He's still laughing 😂.

Awesome nic he reckons.

I don't like you or him right now.

He's still giving me a sermon as I'm typing this...on the Byzantine Empire etc etc.😱😤😮😐

« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2017 at 9:09pm by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #156 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:58pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:56pm:
Quote:

So, when the Priest says: "til death do us part", is that just him being nice, or following church doctrine?

Also, quote me the passage in the Bible which allows a person to marry his/her adulterer?

There are grounds for marrying again even when both people are still alive.

And that's according to the New Testament of The Holy Bible....the contents of which you clearly know nothing about. Even with THAT ID 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #157 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 2:39am

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:26pm:

God also refuses you to teach but remain silent.

You disgrace god if you worship with your head uncovered.

People ignore "god's word" regarding this.

Fact is Christians are "cafeteria Christians" what to believe and what not to.

Why should we expect that "god's word" regarding marriage is any different?

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #158 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:46am

Boy with henna tattoo: How the little Aussie boy was exploited by Gay paedophile network

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-10/boy-with-henna-tattoo-network-exposed/5310...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #159 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:53am

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:58pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:56pm:
Quote:

There are grounds for marrying again even when both people are still alive.

And that's according to the New Testament of The Holy Bible....the contents of which you clearly know nothing about. Even with THAT ID 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Silence  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #160 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:00am

capitosinora wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:46am:

Oh dear God.

Those poofters need to be shot asap!

All of them.

I can't get over the contents of that article.

Too gruesome.

These poor innocent little kids.

If anyone here thinks the victims in this article will be able to recover over time.....you're wrong. This trauma stays with you for life and will affect you psychologically etc .....IF you decide NOT to commit suicide.

I feel sick now..... Cry

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #161 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:02am

Can the atheists and ignorant stop commenting on religion please.

Christians follow the teachings of Christ.  Which are in the New Testament.

SSM and the Marriage Act as far as I know isn't mentioned explicitly in the New Testament.

Just as YES supporters do not mention the flow-on effects of their plan to change marriage a tradition and term thousands of years old carried out by billions of heterosexuals.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #162 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:16am

Grendel wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:02am:

SSM and the Marriage Act as far as I know isn't mentioned explicitly in the New Testament.

Just as YES supporters do not mention the flow-on effects of their plan to change marriage a tradition and term thousands of years old carried out by billions of [highlight]heterosexuals.[/highlight]

Cheesy

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #163 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:22am

Just as YES supporters do not mention the flow-on effects of their plan to change marriage a tradition and term thousands of years old carried out by billions of heterosexuals.

Cheesy

Raven's last post concerns passages from the New Testament. He within his right to comment on it.

But you are right the Nazarene is quiet regarding homosexuals, or SSM. Except perhaps for this verse:

Matthew 19 talks about marriage

Matthew 19:11 But He said to them,
“Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given."

Matthew 19:12
"For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

Now this is interesting. The Nazarene talks about the honoured class

Eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men is pretty self explanatory

Eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs are men who foreswear marriage to better serve God.

But eunuchs born from their mother's womb is an interesting turn of phrase. During the time of the Nazarene the term "born a eunuch" was a term to describe "effeminate" men, commonly associated with homosexual desire. It was a widely used term and the Nazarene would have been familiar with it's meaning.

He lists people born gay alongside another honoured class (eunuchs for the kingdom), and accepts them as a natural part of God’s creation order.

The Nazarene teaches that most people are created for heterosexual marriage. But he does not see this as the only honourable way to live. He acknowledges that some human beings have been created by God to follow a less common, but equally legitimate path. There are some who have been eunuchs from birth — made that way by God.

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 11:52am

Cheesy

What does the Bible say about gay marriage / same sex marriage?

Subscribe to our Question of the Week:

Email Address
Submit
gay marriage, same sex marriage
Question: "What does the Bible say about gay marriage / same sex marriage?"

Answer: While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. The first mention of marriage, Genesis 2:24, describes it as a man leaving his parents and being united to his wife. In passages that contain instructions regarding marriage, such as 1 Corinthians 7:2-16 and Ephesians 5:23-33, the Bible clearly identifies marriage as being between a man and a woman. Biblically speaking, marriage is the lifetime union of a man and a woman, primarily for the purpose of building a family and providing a stable environment for that family.

The Bible alone, however, does not have to be used to demonstrate this understanding of marriage. The biblical viewpoint of marriage has been the universal understanding of marriage in every human civilization in world history. History argues against gay marriage. Modern secular psychology recognizes that men and women are psychologically and emotionally designed to complement one another. In regard to the family, psychologists contend that a union between a man and woman in which both spouses serve as good gender role models is the best environment in which to raise well-adjusted children. Psychology argues against gay marriage. In nature/physicality, clearly, men and women were designed to “fit” together sexually. With the “natural” purpose of sexual intercourse being procreation, clearly only a sexual relationship between a man and a woman can fulfill this purpose. Nature argues against gay marriage.

So, if the Bible, history, psychology, and nature all argue for marriage being between a man and a woman—why is there such a controversy today? Why are those who are opposed to gay marriage/same-sex marriage labeled as hateful, intolerant bigots, no matter how respectfully the opposition is presented? Why is the gay rights movement so aggressively pushing for gay marriage/same-sex marriage when most people, religious and non-religious, are supportive of—or at least far less opposed to—gay couples having all the same legal rights as married couples with some form of civil union?

The answer, according to the Bible, is that everyone inherently knows that homosexuality is immoral and unnatural, and the only way to suppress this inherent knowledge is by normalizing homosexuality and attacking any and all opposition to it. The best way to normalize homosexuality is by placing gay marriage/same-sex marriage on an equal plane with traditional opposite-gender marriage. Romans 1:18-32 illustrates this. The truth is known because God has made it plain. The truth is rejected and replaced with a lie. The lie is then promoted and the truth suppressed and attacked. The vehemence and anger expressed by many in the gay rights movement to any who oppose them is, in fact, an indication that they know their position is indefensible. Trying to overcome a weak position by raising your voice is the oldest trick in the debating book. There is perhaps no more accurate description of the modern gay rights agenda than Romans 1:31, “they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.”

To give sanction to gay marriage/same-sex marriage would be to give approval to the homosexual lifestyle, which the Bible clearly and consistently condemns as sinful. Christians should stand firmly against the idea of gay marriage/same-sex marriage. Further, there are strong and logical arguments against gay marriage/same-sex marriage from contexts completely separated from the Bible. One does not have to be an evangelical Christian to recognize that marriage is between a man and a woman.

According to the Bible, marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Gay marriage/same-sex marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage. As Christians, we are not to condone or ignore sin. Rather, ...

source: I can't post links but you can copy and seach google for it via a right mouse button click

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #165 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 11:56am

Raven wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 2:39am:

You can of course argue that: what you can't do is stop others from having their say like the yes campaign is trying to do.

The yes campaign believe consequences are not allowed to be discussed in a democracy: that is why the no campaign is saying it's an attack on Western Civilisation!

Got your brain working yet?

Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:01pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:00am:
Boy with henna tattoo: How the little Aussie boy was exploited by Gay paedophile network

Oh dear God.

All of them.

Too gruesome.

If anyone here thinks the victims in this article will be able to recover over time.....you're wrong. This trauma stays with you for life and will affect you psychologically etc .....IF you decide NOT to commit suicide.

I feel sick now..... Cry

This ssm stuff is 'grooming': and the yes campaign say we are not even allowed to discuss consequences in a democracy!

Western Civilisation is under attack from the terrorists within.

This could be how WW3 starts?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #167 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:05pm

FraudulentAFL wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:01pm:

Oh dear God.

All of them.

Too gruesome.

I feel sick now..... Cry

This ssm stuff is 'grooming': and the yes campaign say we are not even allowed to discuss consequences in a democracy!

Not sure about that. But that article ought to be a real wake up call.

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:18pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:05pm:

Oh dear God.

All of them.

Too gruesome.

I feel sick now..... Cry

SSM is grooming our kids: the slipper slope fallacy only applies to small initial steps.

Western Civilisation is under attack from within.

Shocked

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #169 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 1:08am

FraudulentAFL wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 11:52am:
According to the Bible, marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Gay marriage/same-sex marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage. As Christians, we are not to condone or ignore sin.

Yes let's look at god's definition of marriage.

God created Adam and Eve. They had two children, both with penises.

A bible based marriage is between 1 man, 1 woman and the son she seduces after he kills his brother.

Abraham the father of Monotheism, married his sister (or niece if you believe rabinnic literature) if that's not sordid enough slutty sister Sarah told him to have sex with her handmaiden. (Genesis 20:12, Genesis 16:3)

A bible based marriage is between 1 man, his sister and the help.

Anybody know God's punishment for raping an unmarried virgin? That's right marriage (Dueteronomy 22:28-29)

A Bible based marriage is between 1 woman and her rapist.

What do you do if you run out of close relatives or servants to marry? God's got you covered. Just head over to the next town and murder anyone who has a penis or has seen one and round up the virgins ( Judges 21:7-23)

A bible based marriage is between 1 man and a girl who is kidnapped and raped right after her mother, father, brother and slutty sister are brutally murdered.

Remember it's not rape if the man says "I do."

King David had a fabulous collection of wives (1 Chronicles 3:1-9) and a harem bursting with concubines who God had raped by David's son because was upset over some troublemaker named Bathsheba. (2 Samuel 16:21)

A bible based marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman and another woman, yet another woman, a few other women and a pack of raped women.

Not to be outdone David's son Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. (1 Kings 11:3)

A bible based marriage is between one man and enough ass to make a Mormon compound seen quitely understated.

The whole concept of marriage apparently bored the Nazarene to tears. (Matthew 19:29)

Just don't get rid her and marry another because then you commit adultery (Matthew 19:9)

Cleary the bible says you can have as many wives as you want. (Bishops being the exception, 1 Timothy 3:2)

But what a bible based marriage is not, is between 1 man and one man. Because that would be immoral.

With thanks to America's best Christian.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2017 at 3:05pm by Raven »  

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #170 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:03pm

FraudulentAFL wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 11:56am:
Raven wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 2:39am:

You can of course argue that: what you can't do is stop others from having their say like the yes campaign is trying to do.

And yet we have some of the biggest players in the no campaign declaring that a musician should not perform one of his most popular songs at the Grand Final. A song that spent 4 weeks at number one in Australia.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:46pm

Raven wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:22am:
During the time of the Nazarene the term "born a eunuch" was a term to describe "effeminate" men, commonly associated with homosexual desire. It was a widely used term and the Nazarene would have been familiar with it's meaning.

Bulldust. You made that up.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #172 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 2:09am

Sadrhino wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:46pm:
During the time of the Nazarene the term "born a eunuch" was a term to describe "effeminate" men, commonly associated with homosexual desire. It was a widely used term and the Nazarene would have been familiar with it's meaning.

Dr. Robert Gagnon, tenured Professor of Greek and New Testament Exegesis at Pittsburg Theological Seminary and prolific anti-gay evangelical Christian author, has this to say:

"Probably 'born eunuchs"'in the ancient world did include people homosexually inclined, which incidentally puts to the lie the oft-repeated claim that the ancient world could not even conceive of persons that were congenitally influenced toward exclusive same-sex attractions."

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #173 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:23am

Probably.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:28am

I don't like people telling me how to think. Just because the left throws a bone it doesn't mean we have to start gnawing at it. When they stop calling working class Australians bogans is when I vote for gay marriage.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #175 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:13am

The UN through their organisation PPF have given the gays a voice in every country all over the world.

The UN was original developed after WW2 to look after nations and their people, these days they have been infiltrated and are run by the oligarchy.

Maybe the oligarchy think they can control the world to the nth degree if we were all mentally handicapped therefore the push to turn our society in a gay one.

Don't really know, what I do know is anything the oligarchy have in store for the majority is only to benefit themselves, so what would they get if the whole world was gay..?

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #176 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:22am

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:05pm:

Oh dear God.

All of them.

Too gruesome.

I feel sick now..... Cry

Allowing Gays to adopt innocent children in SSM is the same to encourage bank robbers to work in the bank.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #177 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:25am

capitosinora wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 9:22am:
Allowing Gays to adopt innocent children in SSM is the same to  allow bank robber to work in the bank.

Yes I agree they should NEVER have been allowed to have children, that deal was done via the back door now they also want the seal of approval.

In 20 or 30 years if the children now who are being raised by gays come out in epidemic proportions and complain about abuse who will take the blame....?

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 7:28pm

The Fight doesn't end with Marriage Equality - as any sane person knows.

Quote from a member of another forum - Quote:
It doesn't begin with it either. You can't compare apples to oranges they might both be fruit but try making an apple pie with oranges and see how far you get. Men marrying men etc is NOT the same as men marrying women. Therefore they can NEVER achieve equality. What they should be aiming for is EQUITY but they are too stupid to even realise the difference. Create a federal civil union law that gives them the couple of tiny things they are missing and leave the marriage act alone.

Yes_vote_poster.jpg (29 KB | 30 )
Yes_vote_poster.jpg

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #179 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:25am

Where, in the 'time of the 'Nazarene', apparently meaning Jesus of the New Testament, was there the phrase 'born as a eunuch'?

I'm no great Biblical scholar and hold no religious affiliations - but that has never entered the horizon - the same as some 'gay Jesus' ever did.

Where did this nonsense come from and what are the solid foundations for it?

― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #180 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:34am

Raven wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 2:09am:
Sadrhino wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:46pm:

Dr. Robert Gagnon, tenured Professor of Greek and New Testament Exegesis at Pittsburg Theological Seminary and prolific anti-gay evangelical Christian author, has this to say:

"Probably 'born eunuchs"'in the ancient world did include people homosexually inclined, which incidentally puts to the lie the oft-repeated claim that the ancient world could not even conceive of persons that were congenitally influenced toward exclusive same-sex attractions."

That doesnt support your claim. To start with ":probably" i.e., this one persons opinion. Also "include", means "probably" "included" , not was the term used to describe solely effeminate men. The rest is extrapolation with no basis.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #181 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:39pm

How?

"Traditional" marriage was devalued a LONG time ago

A built in divorce "out clause" is opted for in over half of all marriages
You can't devalue marriage any more than having pre-nup as one of its "sacred values"

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #182 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:09pm

How?

This has been answered many times Auggie.  You been sleeping.

Here's 1 PC free answer for you.

Should anal sex be valued as equal to normal hetero sex?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:10pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:09pm:

How?

Why does it need to be valued at all?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #184 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:12pm

Would you like to establish the criteria upon which a valuation of each can be made?

Quote:

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:14pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
Would you like to establish the criteria upon which a valuation of each can be made?

Quote:

Aussie, please don't confuse Grendel. Small brush strokes. Only very small.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #186 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 5:31pm

mothra wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 4:10pm:

How?

Why does it need to be valued at all?

OMG...  are you for real?
You have to be the most clueless person on the planet. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #187 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 5:34pm

Read what Auggie said Aussie then you and Mothra can get a room together.  And leave sane conversation to normal people.

How?

Honestly....  some people need serious help. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print