Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
do you think? (Read 12324 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

do you think?
Sep 19th, 2017 at 1:28pm

with Muslims being told to vote NO....this will make those lefty supporters of all things Muslim.. change their minds on giving them their support....through thick and thin..

its quite noticeable that Muslims silence on this topic   is almost tangible....Keysar Trad is usually one of the first to make comments on anything... but not this one....yet they are being directed how to vote in the Mosques and its NO>...which is very anti left isnt it?..

Quote:
Muslim population in Australia soars to 600,000 as religion becomes the nation's second-biggest - a 77% jump in the past DECADE, according to Census

if only half that number can vote   its a lot of NOs  isnt it?..could be the difference in the balance..

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: do you think?
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 1:35pm

Let me tell you how the lefties love affair with Muzzies could end up.

If the hard right really turns to fascism and it was a secular kind, Muslims and fascist would realize they have a whole lot of things in common.

Gays, Jews, humanists, hey we hate them too!! Lets be friends!!

The lefties would either be shot by he fascists or beheaded by the Muzzies.

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 2:09pm

I wonder if anybody remembers Cardinal Mannix instructing all the Catholics to vote yes in the Communist Dissolution Referendum of 1949?

Not many listened to him.

How many Muslims regularly attend Mosque?   Anybody any idea?  Best figure I've come up with is ~40%.  That is significantly less than half the Muslim population of Australia and only ~5% above Australian Christians attending Church.   I wonder how many Christian clergy have instructed their congregations to vote, "No"?   How many think they will vote, "No," 'cause the Priest in the pulpit tells them?

In reality, Muslims are as individual as are Christians.   Time you Islamophobes woke up to that.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 2:39pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 2:09pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

I wonder if anybody remembers Cardinal Mannix instructing all the Catholics to vote yes in the Communist Dissolution Referendum of 1949?

How many Muslims regularly attend Mosque?   Anybody any idea?  Best figure I've come up with is ~40%.  That is significantly less than half the Muslim population of Australia and only ~5% above Australian Christians attending Church.   I wonder how many Christian clergy have instructed their congregations to vote, "No"?   How many think they will vote, "No," 'cause the Priest in the pulpit tells them?

In reality, Muslims are as individual as are Christians.   Time you Islamophobes woke up to that.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

oh dear    you do know a good Muslim and aint they all according to you?.. > Smiley

follows the Koran to the letter....and I think you will find its a lot more than the 40% who attend the Mosque ..  not 5 times a day I grant you   buit the message has been the same for a while now.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:02pm

cods I actually cannot stand Muslims if that helps- is hate too strong a word?

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:14pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 2:09pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

That should fill everyone with confidence.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:43pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:02pm:

I think it is.

Hate is a self-enslaving emotion.

Pity them instead.

"Forgive them for they know not what they do." - Jesus Christ

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:59pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 5:43pm:

I think it is.

Hate is a self-enslaving emotion.

Pity them instead.

"Forgive them for they know not what they do." - Jesus Christ

yes  of course lisa.. like you forgive certain members  Cheesy Cheesy..

dont HATE agnes    it gives you wrinkles   think positive and you will find some good in everyone......

a big ask I know....

its just that we have a few members here who will not have a bad word said about Muslims....I forget what they call us.. but its a word they like...

I am wondering if their NO vote changes the tide on this thingy.....will they be upset with the Muslims   they seem to find no fault with???....

to be honest agnes  I have never seen you call anyone an islamphobe  and a few other things....because they link Muslims with extremists.....

so its ok for you to say... I dont like them...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 7:23pm

I am not a christian though so I will continue to intensley dislike them at least just a little-or a lot- I dont pity them- that would imply that I have an ounce of compassion and child killers will never evoke pity from me- all good cods

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 7:31pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 7:23pm:
I am not a christian though so I will continue to intensley dislike them at least just a little-or a lot- I dont pity them- that would imply that I have an ounce of compassion and child killers will never evoke pity from me- all good cods

If you ever become a Christian.....you'll discover that you can be truly free by handing over all your angst/anger etc to Him.

Offload all your soul's burdens and let Him deal with them.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 7:41pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
Agnes wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 7:23pm:

If you ever become a Christian.....you'll discover that you can be truly free by handing over all your angst/anger etc to Him.

Offload all your soul's burdens and let Him deal with them.

There may be some merit in what you say- but I am not particulary burdened  with a lot of anger- I usually resolve my anger by forgiving and that sounds llike a fairly  christiian  concept I know but I didnt need any guidanace to know that
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2017 at 1:43am by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 7:43pm

Hate is a good word.
People should use it more often

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:03pm

cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
with Muslims being told to vote NO....this will make those lefty supporters of all things Muslim.. change their minds on giving them their support....through thick and thin..

its quite noticeable that Muslims silence on this topic   is almost tangible....Keysar Trad is usually one of the first to make comments on anything... but not this one....yet they are being directed how to vote in the Mosques and its NO>...which is very anti left isnt it?..

Quote:
Muslim population in Australia soars to 600,000 as religion becomes the nation's second-biggest - a 77% jump in the past DECADE, according to Census

if only half that number can vote   its a lot of NOs  isnt it?..could be the difference in the balance..

You seem to be mixing 2 different issues ???

Muslims like anyone else can vote how they like. Catholics will also be advised to vote no I would think.

Why would you think that anyone would decide that it is ok to persecute honest Muslim people who have done nothing wrong because of how they vote ?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:23am

Dnarever wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:03pm:

Quote:

Muslims like anyone else can vote how they like. Catholics will also be advised to vote no I would think.

Why would you think that anyone would decide that it is ok to persecute honest Muslim people who have done nothing wrong because of how they vote ?

I am talking about those   on this forum  who come out at the drop of a hat   and defend Muslims   against anyone who dares to call ISIS terrorists muslims... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

that was my question

its very obvious to me   that the left support the YES vote...it will of course be a feather in their caps  when it wins....I am sure there will be a few votes in it as well..

but this is the forum  thats what I am saying   will muslims who will I am sure vote more NO than Yes...will they still be in favour with our lefty chums... even you must have seen mothra and gregs acid attacks   to anyone they consider to be islamphobes...

btw I havent seen any signs of persecution  of muslims ion this country......the reverse if anything....

words on a forum like this    dont carry all that far dna   its not like facebook or twitter..

in fact the govt have brought in all sort of rules   and fines   to protect a certain minority.....and not a thing we can do about it....

I also think muslims take far more notice of their church leaders than Catholics in 2017...

lucky for us   we dont have to mention any religious connection on the form.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:55pm

cods wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:23am:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 8:03pm:

Quote:

I am talking about those   on this forum  who come out at the drop of a hat   and defend Muslims   against anyone who dares to call ISIS terrorists muslims... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The problem cods is the you DON'T call "ISIS terrorist Muslims."  You invariably refer to just "Muslims".   When you start to differentiate, people will believe you only mean "ISIS terrorist Muslims".  Until then, everytime you simply use the term "Muslims", you'll be stopped by critics like me.  Simples really and it has been explained to you many times before.  Learn to differentiate between ordinary, everyday, peaceful moderate Muslims and extremist Muslims.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print