Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
This is one reason why I voted NO... (Read 2974 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: This is one reason why I voted NO...
Reply #60 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 1:53pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 1:33pm:
They certainly shouldn't be spending millions of our tax payer dollars on a survey to further advertise their propaganda before the politicians do their actual job!

Roll Eyes

No survey or vote by politicians in-house is going to fully resolve this issue - only a binding vote of the people will suffice - and I suspect the end game behind this survey is to gather momentum for exactly that.

People no longer trust politicians to do the right thing when making the rules, and many see them as what they are - self-serving, vote-catching sycophants to any group that whines loudly.

Now - back to my proposal that NO sitting politician can hold a second job in any way.... their time, according to them, is fully taken up with running the country, so they don't have time to run a business, sit on a board, be a president of a super fund, or whatever.

Election to public office is not just another way of getting cash into your own back pocket.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #61 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 2:59pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 1:53pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 1:33pm:
They certainly shouldn't be spending millions of our tax payer dollars on a survey to further advertise their propaganda before the politicians do their actual job!

Roll Eyes

No survey or vote by politicians in-house is going to fully resolve this issue - only a binding vote of the people will suffice - and I suspect the end game behind this survey is to gather momentum for exactly that.

People no longer trust politicians to do the right thing when making the rules, and many see them as what they are - self-serving, vote-catching sycophants to any group that whines loudly.

Now - back to my proposal that NO sitting politician can hold a second job in any way.... their time, according to them, is fully taken up with running the country, so they don't have time to run a business, sit on a board, be a president of a super fund, or whatever.

Election to public office is not just another way of getting cash into your own back pocket.

So you think Bill Shorten will actually take it to a plebiscite?

I do infact think a vote from the people is the way to go: I simply cannot believe Bill Shorten would not give the people a proper say on this... but this non binding, no compulsory survey for millions of dollars is just more campaigning for the issue with our money.

This is so dodgy to be told be our politicians and fake journalists that consequences are now not allowed to be examined when every person that was ever born was taught to first examine the consequences of their actions.

and this forum is full on lunatic spaghettified flying monsters that say yes: do whatever the tv tells you to do without question!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This is an affront to Western Civilisation : the slippery slope of horseshite and the terrorists within is very very real about now!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #62 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 3:00pm

People actually died to examine the consequences of such mad-hatter decisions!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print