Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
This is one reason why I voted NO... (Read 2970 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: This is one reason why I voted NO...
Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:18am

Anyone notice the Muslim community has been completely silent on this issue? I wonder if they're awaiting the result to see if they could push to legalise polygamy in Australia?

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:26am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:16am:
philperth2010 wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:05am:
Nothing about this....

Quote:
"I heard that there was one person who made a comparison between same-sex marriage and paedophilia and someone said, 'Why can't I marry my dog?' It was a bit ridiculous."

Both sides where yelling abuse at each other according to witnesses yet only one side is attributed blame....How Christian of Miranda to ignore the facts and attack those she disagrees with!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/police-called-as-hundreds-of-protesters...

Yet there was two hours of video which prove they did not say that.

Really....Yet an independent witness says this is what he heard....Did you ever consider the possibility the comments where not caught on film....Much better to deny there was any provocation or retaliation....Christians are so pure after all???

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:33am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:18am:
Anyone notice the Muslim community has been completely silent on this issue? I wonder if they're awaiting the result to see if they could push to legalise polygamy in Australia?

They probably don't care.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:34am

The SMH link says

Quote:
"There were maybe 15 'vote no' people there and hundreds of 'vote yes' people. [The counter-rally] had a megaphone and the 'vote no' people were saying things like, 'You're drowning out our voices,' " Mr Napier-Raman said.

.....in other words there were just 15 'ok to say no' folk, that were then bullied and intimidated by a feral mob of typical lefty F-wits  Grin

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:34am

Most religions oppose homosexuality and same sex marriage....Why single out Muslims???

Huh Huh Huh

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-07/religious-leaders-thinking-differently-abo...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:35am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:26am:
Nothing about this....

Quote:
"I heard that there was one person who made a comparison between same-sex marriage and paedophilia and someone said, 'Why can't I marry my dog?' It was a bit ridiculous."

Both sides where yelling abuse at each other according to witnesses yet only one side is attributed blame....How Christian of Miranda to ignore the facts and attack those she disagrees with!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/police-called-as-hundreds-of-protesters...

Really....Yet an independent witness says this is what he heard....Did you ever consider the possibility the comments where not caught on film....Much better to deny there was any provocation or retaliation....Christians are so pure after all???

did you read what damage they did????.....I guess not... but if half what happened happened.... it was violent and aggressive.......

there was after all no need for them YES group to turn up.. they had had their say all week... Sad

I take it you are defending the Yes voters.phil?

at least I havent seen any condemnation...thus far

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:36am

Dnarever wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:33am:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

really?... they dont care... sure dna sure!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #22 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:51am

cods wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:36am:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:33am:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

really?... they dont care... sure dna sure!

No not really, you want me to ask a few ? Can not say that I really care though.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #23 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:55am

Here you go Cods:

The Libs have been bashing them for so long that they do not want to be seen as supporting their view.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-31/same-sex-marriage-why-have-muslims-been-so... Quote:
Last night on ABC's The Drum, Ali Kadri, spokesman for the Islamic Council of Queensland and the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, said his community was stuck with the choice of offending allies or siding with critics, and the result had been silence.

"Unfortunately, in the current climate, the right and conservative side has attacked Muslims as terrorists and extremists, and naturally the left side has been allies in defending us for a long period of time," he said.

"We are afraid if we come out with our opinion then the left may abandon us for going against their view and we can't be friendly with the conservatives because they have been bashing us for 15, 20 years every chance they get … and that includes some Christian sects as well."

Changing attitudes to same-sex marriage

Australia's longest-running annual lifestyle survey has revealed women are having second thoughts about whether a husband is for life, while support is growing for same-sex marriage.

Even though it was the Australian Christian Lobby that led the charge against the Safe Schools program, Mr Kadri said Muslims were also deeply concerned about the possible impact of any legislative changes on education.

Looks like they have an unreasonable view on the political ramifications.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #24 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:17am

cods wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:35am:
Nothing about this....

Quote:

did you read what damage they did????.....I guess not... but if half what happened happened.... it was violent and aggressive.......

there was after all no need for them YES group to turn up.. they had had their say all week... Sad

Everyone is free to protest for their rights but they should expect to be challenged....I do not advocate for any position on SSM Cods!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #25 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:30am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:17am:
Nothing about this....

Quote:

Everyone is free to protest for their rights but they should expect to be challenged....I do not advocate for any position on SSM Cods!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #26 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:36am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:41am:
Cont'd...

IT’S OK for Ian Thorpe to front the Yes campaign for same-sex marriage.

It’s OK for the Wallabies, the NRL, the ARU, the AFL, Cricket Australia, Tennis Australia, Football Federation Australia to support a Yes vote.

It’s OK for the nation’s sporting bodies to bring politics into an arena which previously has been a haven from the troubles of the world.

It’s OK to disenfranchise a significant percentage of players and supporters in the process.

But it’s not OK for Wallaby star Israel Folau respectfully to disagree.

“I love and respect all people for who they are and their opinions, but personally, I will not support gay marriage” he tweeted last week to a chorus of criticism, calling him, among other insults, a “bad human being”.

Nor is it OK for former tennis champion Margaret Court, admittedly less respectfully, to state her opposition to same sex marriage.

The backlash has now resulted in the Cottesloe Tennis Club ditching her as patron.

The club has cited various excuses for why it has disrespected its most accomplished hometown champion, but no one is fooled.

We recognise tyranny, even when it comes in rainbow colours.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/yes-campaigners-show-their-true-colo...

I expect there to be an opposition to the tennis club on this!

Grin

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:47am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:17am:
Nothing about this....

Quote:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Being challenged via debate is fine. But being abused, bullied, harassed and assaulted by the SSM advocates is not fine.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:48am

I just voted NO & put my letter in the post box.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #29 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 12:21pm

How this ridiculous argument leaves me

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print