Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
This is one reason why I voted NO... (Read 2953 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

This is one reason why I voted NO...
Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:40am

YES CAMPAIGNERS SHOW THEIR TRUE COLOURS

MIRANDA DEVINE

SO now we see why rainbow warriors didn’t want a people’s vote on same-sex marriage.

It was because they knew we’d see their true, intolerant colours.

Yes campaign HQ knows thuggery won’t win over Middle Australia, but their foot-soldiers are revealing themselves as fascistic bullies who vilify and intimidate anyone who dares to disagree.

Last week’s abusive exhibition by same-sex marriage activists at Sydney University was the clearest example yet.

On Thursday, about 15 students, including members of the uni’s Catholic Society, set up an information table on the main campus thoroughfare with placards saying: “It’s OK to Say No”.

They offered free kebabs and two large bowls of delicious Lebanese hummus made by one of their mothers.

It was the first time the No campaign has had a presence on campus where “Marriage Equality” stalls have featured almost every day this semester.

“The idea was pretty much to give the No campaign perspective on campus,” said 21-year-old IT student, Francis Tamer, one of the organisers.

“The message was that it’s OK to vote No. We weren’t looking to convince people how to vote. We’re just saying its OK to have your own opinion.”

After an hour 40 to 60 activists arrived with a megaphone, led by “Queer officers” of the Students’ Representative Council, which has an annual budget of $1.7 million.

For the next five hours they screamed abuse at the Catholic students, calling them: “homophobes” “bigots” “neo-Nazis” “gay-bashers” and chanting: “Bigot scum have got to go” and “We will fight, we will win, put the bigots in the bin”.

They up-ended the table of kebabs and threw bowls of hummus on the ground. They stole pamphlets and placards, threw condoms and glitter at the students, chalked “F..k off bigots” on the path, swore and yelled anti-Christian abuse:

“Go f..k yourself. Go wank yourself off at home with your f..ing Jesus picture”.

“You don’t belong on campus. You are bigots and haters:”

“Didn’t you know Jesus was bisexual?”

“Suck my d..k, bro”.

The abuse was recorded on video.

One activist in a yellow T-shirt, who we have chosen not to name, is seen shouting at Tamer: “I wish I could kick you in the f.. ing face. That would be so satisfying.”

“They wanted to provoke us,” says Tamer. “But I told our members don’t engage.

“A lot of people have now seen the Yes campaign for what it really is… If this is what’s happening now, what will happen later, after [same-sex marriage] is enshrined in law?”

Tamer, who is almost 6 foot 4, spent most of the day with his hands in his pockets, showing admirable restraint.

“I’m used to the verbal abuse,” said another organiser, Tony Mattar, 26.

“But I wasn’t expecting the violence… I didn’t think they’d go that far. We couldn’t even talk with them.”

It was Mattar’s mother who made the hummus which was thrown on the ground by the rainbow ferals.

They smeared it on his clothes, the back of his neck and his face. They also kicked him and others in the shins to get them to drop their placards.

Later in the afternoon, an activist ran full pelt at Mattar, while another male tried to grab his placard. He managed to stay upright but, at this stage, watching NSW police intervened.

“There were times I did get mad,” said Tamer. “It’s not easy to cope with that for five hours straight. But we knew we were representing more than just ourselves…

“I thought everyone who walked past, they’re going to rethink and reconsider — and see maybe it’s the Yes campaign that lacks love.”

“[The other side] are trying to convince people there is only one moral way and if you think any other way you are evil, you are a bigot, you are hateful.”

“But we don’t want anyone to think it’s not OK to vote No.

“You can’t make the whole country not vote No in their own homes. At the end of the day your vote is your vote.”

He says the Yes campaign assumes they have locked up the youth vote.

“But we want to show that the university and young people are not owned by the LGBTI agenda, we are not owned by the left. We can think for ourselves.”

The University’s Queer Action Collective issued a statement saying there was no violence, “aside from police aggression”, and claiming Catholic Society members had compared LGBTI relationships to “bestiality” and paedophilia.

Tamer and Mattar say that nothing of the kind was ever said. There is no evidence to the contrary in two hours of video I have seen, provided by Tamer and the university union.

What the videos do show is that members of the Catholic Society were subjected to vilification, intimidation, and threats “because of views they hold on the [marriage] survey or in relation to their religious conviction,” as defined by emergency legislation rushed through parliament last week.

Yet Attorney-General George Brandis’s office did not respond to questions on Friday about whether the legislation should apply.

Tamer and Mattar are deciding whether to take their complaints further. But the abuse they copped was a better advertisement for a No vote than any number of kebabs or pamphlets.

Cont'd...

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: This is one reason why I voted NO...
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:41am

Cont'd...

IT’S OK for Ian Thorpe to front the Yes campaign for same-sex marriage.

It’s OK for the Wallabies, the NRL, the ARU, the AFL, Cricket Australia, Tennis Australia, Football Federation Australia to support a Yes vote.

It’s OK for the nation’s sporting bodies to bring politics into an arena which previously has been a haven from the troubles of the world.

It’s OK to disenfranchise a significant percentage of players and supporters in the process.

But it’s not OK for Wallaby star Israel Folau respectfully to disagree.

“I love and respect all people for who they are and their opinions, but personally, I will not support gay marriage” he tweeted last week to a chorus of criticism, calling him, among other insults, a “bad human being”.

Nor is it OK for former tennis champion Margaret Court, admittedly less respectfully, to state her opposition to same sex marriage.

The backlash has now resulted in the Cottesloe Tennis Club ditching her as patron.

The club has cited various excuses for why it has disrespected its most accomplished hometown champion, but no one is fooled.

We recognise tyranny, even when it comes in rainbow colours.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/yes-campaigners-show-their-true-colo...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:06am

couldnt be plainer really could it..

I mean these are the future of Australia probably even our MPs   and this is how they DEBATE.. good one YES voters...

you know how the gays have all pretended they feel unsafe and a Pleb or postal will bring out all the homophobe HATE......strikes me as they are disappointed with the NO section.....

so they are doing all they can   to SHOW HATE in this DEBATE........well they have shown their TRUE COLOURS and its not rainbow.. Angry

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:10am

The left is always like this.
People are nieve to think otherwise.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:44am

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:10am:
The left is always like this.
People are nieve to think otherwise.

Let's not kid ourselves. The right can be too. But more often than not, it's the left.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:48am

If You chose to base your vote on unreliable propaganda from the always doubtable opinion of Maranda Devine.

You must be a Lemming.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:54am by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:50am

Dnarever wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:48am:
You chose to base your vote on unreliable propaganda from the always doubtable opinion of Maranda Devine.

You must be a Lemming.

You missed the bit about 2hrs of video and Police intervening to move on YES protesters. But hey, I see you still revert to attacking the messenger when you dislike the message!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:54am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:50am:
You chose to base your vote on unreliable propaganda from the always doubtable opinion of Maranda Devine.

You must be a Lemming.

You missed the bit about 2hrs of video and Police intervening to move on YES protesters. But hey, I see you still revert to attacking the messenger when you dislike the message!

of course he did.. Grin

btw I voted NO the day I got my form    long before this [minor] Roll Eyesincident...

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:58am

You must be a Lemming.

...touche

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:59am

You must be a Lemming.

What messenger Miranda is a serial non messenger ?

99% of yes voters would be totally abhorred by these actions and there would be incidents that come from the no vote as well. Neither is a good excuse to do the wrong thing. Look at the issue and vote on that.

Two wrongs never make a right.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:59am

Swagman wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:58am:

You must be a Lemming.

...touche

Right wing propagandists are not really messengers. They just tell the Lemmings how to think.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:03am

In US media there are reports that Australian Gay community plans to adopt large number of cheap Rogingya children from Myanmar once the proposed same - sex marriage law is adopted.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:09am by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #12 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:05am

Nothing about this....

Quote:
"I heard that there was one person who made a comparison between same-sex marriage and paedophilia and someone said, 'Why can't I marry my dog?' It was a bit ridiculous."

Both sides where yelling abuse at each other according to witnesses yet only one side is attributed blame....How Christian of Miranda to ignore the facts and attack those she disagrees with!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/police-called-as-hundreds-of-protesters...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:16am

Dnarever wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:59am:

You must be a Lemming.

What messenger Miranda is a serial non messenger ?

99% of yes voters would be totally abhorred by these actions and there would be incidents that come from the no vote as well. Neither is a good excuse to do the wrong thing. Look at the issue and vote on that.

Two wrongs never make a right.

What did those "It's OK to vote no" people do wrong?

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:16am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:05am:
Nothing about this....

Quote:
"I heard that there was one person who made a comparison between same-sex marriage and paedophilia and someone said, 'Why can't I marry my dog?' It was a bit ridiculous."

Both sides where yelling abuse at each other according to witnesses yet only one side is attributed blame....How Christian of Miranda to ignore the facts and attack those she disagrees with!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/police-called-as-hundreds-of-protesters...

Yet there was two hours of video which prove they did not say that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print