Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Why love is love and saying yes is vital (Read 28943 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Why love is love and saying yes is vital
Reply #465 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:09am

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 5:14pm:
cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 12:53pm:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 9:00pm:
cods wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:52pm:
Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:42pm:
cods wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:38pm:
HI setanta   trust you are back with bells on.. Smiley Smiley

hope all is well with you...

.Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:46pm:
When I said Govt, I meant all of them in Canberra, that's the way it works

while Bill shorten is there  they will never work together...he is controlled by the unions.....and they hate everything that isnt affiliated with the unions...

so forget that... the postal is as good as you will get for now.......a divided country... Sad

Trust you to see it that way Cods. It's the Libs call on how this goes down and they have chosen their poison, I believe this particular poison dissolves one's spine and the anecdotal evidence would support this.

well I could say the same for a lefty....

we are only having a postal because the pleb got knocked back...by guess who...

this postal was dragged before the high court and got thrown out..

Turnbull went to the election with a pleb... the senate wouldnt pass it   not sure how many times it went there...BUT....so this is what you get when you play hard ball.. mate.. a shambles...its costing a fortune...

turnbull didnt choose this poison it was forced on him by militants...

who want the goct members to vote  knowing full well they have them by the short and curlies......and if you dont VOTE YES>.. guess who wont vote for you or any of your party members next time round..

its too easy mate too easy.....its called POWER... I call it blackmail..

how many gays vote these days? Angry

we are only having a postal because the pleb got knocked back...by guess who...

Yes and what a good decision, with this shorter process we have seen calls to mental assistance lines jump by 20% from the homosexual youth. Going the full Plebiscite would have made the abuse 10 times worse for 10 times as long.

I disagree    and you have no idea about that at all thats a penny Wong  cry.....you put every Australian down when you make claims like that..

how do you know gays do not increase these calls    to get their point across   
we are being abused

dna  they have the loudest voice oi any minority group in this country..they really do... more gays than aboriginals or muslims in parliament   

now we all know if this was left to the govt MPs  to vote on.

they would vote for votes.. simple as that    the gays can be very violent without drawing blood..... Angry..

and I see this whole thing as pure bullying....give them an inch as the saying goes..

as we saw with our Aboriginal chums   MABO /SORRY SPEECH/ nothing changed a thing...

now its statues... Sad Sad Sad Sad

sadly they lost my support through their own behavior   and its the same with the gay mob.....they had me   then they lost me...

got nothing to do with any govt I can assure you.

Is cods gay?

why do you wish to know that drah???.....gosh you ask some weir questions...are you weird?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #466 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:13am

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:08am:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:49am:
Frank wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:31pm:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:18am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:27am:
Why do they want to be "the same" as hetro? Marrage is a hetro term.
Their relationship is not not the same. Yes there is love. Yes there is a partnership but it is a different relationship and it is recognised throughout society.
Like I've posted in the past, what they do, what they think has nothing to do with me. It is not my place to tell a person what to do. They are equal as far as human beings go but their union is different.

Why not have a term that refers to their relationship. It's not seperating. Hetros dont identify as homos, because it's a different relationship. Majority of hetros can reproduce without the need for medical treatment or adoption (i said majority)
Hetros children dont feel separated and no special school programs introduced to protect their feelings. That in itself is a recognition that the populas as a whole knows its different.

Gay relationship will never be "normal". It's accepted but it's not what nature intended. We are animals in the end. We've made laws to take away natural selection and it's biting us in the arse.

Marrage is a hetro term.

Marriage is a legal term supported by legislation. There was never a heterosexual connection in the Marriage act prior to Howard changing it in 2004.

Marriage in not ONLY a legal term. It is that, but NOT only that.

So while the law may recognise the legality of SSM, you do not have to recognise the truth or moral or ethical or customary, cultural, religious, biological or any other validity of it.
What is at issue is that SSM activists want to use the law to silence all those supra-legal, concience-dictated objections and rejections of SSM.

Gays should respect the difference of heterosexual institutions and not always try to make gayness the standard, thereby always hatef**king non-gays, as Benjamin  Law has so succinctly put it, into submission.

Quote:
Gays should respect the difference of heterosexual institutions

I never knew that when I talk about the marriage of two elements I was referring to a heterosexual institution.

The merging of two companies can be referred to as a marriage in another strange heterosexual institution.

To Marry is to join their are no institutions involved at all.

noun legal joining of two people; a union

Synonyms:
merger
wedding
alliance
amalgamation
association
confederation
consortium
coupling
link
match
mating
matrimony
Sacrament
tie
wedlock
holy matrimony
pledging
tie that binds

So pick a name and call it that. The union is not the same as hetro. The sooner the gay community realises that the better.

The point is that the term marriage has never been specifically heterosexual. Nero married a boy as far back as 67AD.

Marrage is a joining it is not sexually explicit.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #467 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:18am

if nothing else   

its definitely

POLARISING

and once again   the name calling starts.... Angry Angry

I guess we will never grow up.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #468 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:15pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:08am:
issuevoter wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:00am:
It is perfectly legitimate to ask the homosexual lobby if they intend to campaign for "gay sex" education in schools as part of their "Equality."

Yes it is.

However they can do that irrespective of this vote, vote yes and they can do this and vote no and you will find that they can still do this.

Being fair and reasonable in voting to allow these people the same rights as everyone else has absolutely no impact on this question.

The point is 100% irrelevant to this discussion.

It's extremely relevant: because we aren't allowed to talk about the consequences now means everything you just said is more than likely going to be incorrect!

This is an issue of democracy!

Why aren't we allowed to discuss the consequences when everyone knows prevention is better than the cure? That was the way everyone that ever lived was raised: to examine the consequences of their actions!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #469 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:16pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:57am:
Grendel wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:16pm:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:00pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 2:01pm:
Mistress Nicole wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 8:44pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 8:32pm:
Mistress Nicole wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 8:31pm:
Got my paper today. It will be sent back marked "yes".  Wink

Onya Nicole ...  Smiley

Thank you Mothra.

I haven't read this thread, but what I have noted (particularly on Facebook), is that the 'no' crowd get called 'homophobes'. No doubt many of them are, but there is more substance to the arguments of many of those voting no than merely being homophobic.

How can a democracy operate when consequences are not allowed to be examined?

To examine the consequences is how society operates: thus this whole pretend debate things is lunacy!

I don't doubt for a second that they are not all homophobic but I see little substance in the no argument. It is mostly not even relevant.

That's because you are a biased shallow thinker. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Lots of reasons get posted everyday and lots make a great deal of sense.
You just ignore them or are in denial. Cheesy

They are almost all not relevant and everyone should ignore them. The only valid argument I see is the religious one and it would be cynical in the extreme for many to hang their hat there. I can understand that the majority of devout Christians, Muslims and others would vote no on religious grounds however so many here routinely make a point of rubbishing these groups.

Other arguments like safe schools have no relevance. It is a completely separate matter which has occurred irrespective of same sex marriage. Voting either yes or no has no impact on this at all. Almost all the no arguments line up in the same or similar fashion.

The discussion has been harmful to gay people and absolutely a useless waste of time in every respect.

An organised 3 Months of gay bashing what a good idea - NOT.

You're a complete idiot!

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #470 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:42pm

So essentially your issue is the name?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #471 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:49pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:08am:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:49am:
Frank wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:31pm:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:18am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:27am:
Why do they want to be "the same" as hetro? Marrage is a hetro term.
Their relationship is not not the same. Yes there is love. Yes there is a partnership but it is a different relationship and it is recognised throughout society.
Like I've posted in the past, what they do, what they think has nothing to do with me. It is not my place to tell a person what to do. They are equal as far as human beings go but their union is different.

Why not have a term that refers to their relationship. It's not seperating. Hetros dont identify as homos, because it's a different relationship. Majority of hetros can reproduce without the need for medical treatment or adoption (i said majority)
Hetros children dont feel separated and no special school programs introduced to protect their feelings. That in itself is a recognition that the populas as a whole knows its different.

Gay relationship will never be "normal". It's accepted but it's not what nature intended. We are animals in the end. We've made laws to take away natural selection and it's biting us in the arse.

Marrage is a hetro term.

Marriage is a legal term supported by legislation. There was never a heterosexual connection in the Marriage act prior to Howard changing it in 2004.

Marriage in not ONLY a legal term. It is that, but NOT only that.

So while the law may recognise the legality of SSM, you do not have to recognise the truth or moral or ethical or customary, cultural, religious, biological or any other validity of it.
What is at issue is that SSM activists want to use the law to silence all those supra-legal, concience-dictated objections and rejections of SSM.

Gays should respect the difference of heterosexual institutions and not always try to make gayness the standard, thereby always hatef**king non-gays, as Benjamin  Law has so succinctly put it, into submission.

Quote:
Gays should respect the difference of heterosexual institutions

I never knew that when I talk about the marriage of two elements I was referring to a heterosexual institution.

The merging of two companies can be referred to as a marriage in another strange heterosexual institution.

To Marry is to join their are no institutions involved at all.

noun legal joining of two people; a union

Synonyms:
merger
wedding
alliance
amalgamation
association
confederation
consortium
coupling
link
match
mating
matrimony
Sacrament
tie
wedlock
holy matrimony
pledging
tie that binds

So pick a name and call it that. The union is not the same as hetro. The sooner the gay community realises that the better.

agree with that they dont like what they call breeders ie man and womens capacity to have children they are deeply jealous of that- the union of man and woman is called marriage so I agree in that context they should not have the right to that title marriage affordeds them- if they cannot procreate then that is that too bad if they get precious about it -meh-- I would vote NO now if I could be be bothered to send the form off and I cant- man and woman can live defacto for all their lives and they still have almost the same rights as if they were married- they need to get over it-and  have a bleach bath-
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:54pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #472 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 4:05pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:42pm:
So essentially your issue is the name?

Essentially my issue is that the gays want to steal the word marriage.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #473 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 5:38pm

and that they are a very very very tiny minority in our democracy.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #474 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:44pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:13am:
The point is that the term marriage has never been specifically heterosexual. Nero married a boy as far back as 67AD.

You have to be really stupid, on purpose, to say something as daft as that.

Nero was a frikken mad monster. Is he now the legal precedence for SSM - a mad Roman emperor 'married' a boy and another monster, Caligula, made his horse a 'Consul' - THEREFORE all bets are off for marriage and public office.
The Australian Constitution has been wrong all along about citizenship requirements because horses have no citizenship BUT ONE was made a consul by a mad Emperor so we cannot exclude horses from running for parliament!!!????

You guys a dam mad.  Totally dam bonkers.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #475 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 8:51pm

Frank wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:44pm:

Nero was a frikken mad monster. Is he now the legal precedence for SSM - a mad Roman emperor 'married' a boy and another monster, Caligula, made his horse a 'Consul' - THEREFORE all bets are off for marriage and public office.
The Australian Constitution has been wrong all along about citizenship requirements because horses have no citizenship BUT ONE was made a consul by a mad Emperor so we cannot exclude horses from running for parliament!!!????

Hehe.
They're just clutching at whatever the hell they can to try and raise a point. Only the really uneducated walking zombies will buy it though. The rest, well, you've seen the dozen threads on here with regard to it all. It all goes down the same road.
The supporters could start a million threads on the subject but the end result is still the same. IT'S ACCEPTED BUT IT'S NOT NORMAL SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT NORMAL!!!

They're a minority and it's time to stand up to these minorities and say no instead of just conceeding.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #476 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 9:06pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:15pm:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:08am:
issuevoter wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 7:00am:
It is perfectly legitimate to ask the homosexual lobby if they intend to campaign for "gay sex" education in schools as part of their "Equality."

Yes it is.

However they can do that irrespective of this vote, vote yes and they can do this and vote no and you will find that they can still do this.

Being fair and reasonable in voting to allow these people the same rights as everyone else has absolutely no impact on this question.

The point is 100% irrelevant to this discussion.

It's extremely relevant: because we aren't allowed to talk about the consequences now means everything you just said is more than likely going to be incorrect!

This is an issue of democracy!

Why aren't we allowed to discuss the consequences when everyone knows prevention is better than the cure? That was the way everyone that ever lived was raised: to examine the consequences of their actions!

Sex education in schools is a waste of time, gay sex education would be no different. I see no problem young gay people also need some knowledge. The reality is that they are there in those lessons like it or not.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #477 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 9:08pm

The point is that same sex marriage has been around for a long long time - get it ????

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #478 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 9:26pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 9:08pm:

The point is that same sex marriage has been around for a long long time - get it ????

It has not. Stop spinning a yarn.

Australia is 230 odd years old. Who in that time has had a gay marriage registered as "marriage"?
Remember this is Australian law we are talking about changing here.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #479 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:32pm

Don't be idiotic.

The gays were outraged when two NZ heterosexual mates got married without any intention to diddle each other.
Gays want gay sex validated by equating gay and straight relationships, such as marriage, to be treated as equal and indistinguishable. They obviously are very different and that difference is to be erased and defaced by SSM.

Gays have been bring great sensibilities, artistic, humane, interpersonal, to the world. But Big Gay, Political Gay is Genital Stalinism/Maoism writ large.

The sensible, sensitive gays steer clear of all the SSM agit-prop, its the Stalinist/Maoist gays and their fellow-travellers who are snarling for SSM.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37
Send Topic Print