Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rudds godson slapped like a girl (Read 479 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Rudds godson slapped like a girl
Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:44pm

Quote:
KEVIN Rudd’s godson Sean Foster says the man who allegedly struck him in the face earlier this week was also using “disgusting” homophobic slurs.

A 49-year-old Brisbane man has been charged with assault occasioning bodily harm and public nuisance.

It is alleged he struck Mr Foster, 19, in the face while he was sitting down and looking at his phone just after a marriage equality rally at Bulimba, in Brisbane’s northeast, on Tuesday afternoon.

Mr Foster alleged the man was using derogatory language towards ralliers, so he asked the man to stop. That’s when the situation allegedly turned violent.

“It was disgusting - that’s why I said something. It was afterwards and he was throwing those sorts of profanities around. There was no need for it,” Mr Foster told The Courier-Mail.

Mr Foster alleged the strike was a hard open-handed strike to the top of his face.

Former Prime Minister Rudd took to his Twitter account afterwards and shared a photo of Mr Foster sitting bloodied on a bus.

“It was out of the blue. I was shaken. I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t too sure how to handle it,” Mr Foster said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/man-accused-of-punching-kevin-rudd...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Rudds godson slapped like a girl
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:06pm

not sure what you mean sprint... he was hit round the head whilst sitting down looking at his phone..

does look or sound like a slap to me....

and dont you think he did a good thing by telling a thug to stop using vile language???

I think in this day and age thats a pretty brave thing to do.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:10pm

Not good.  Leave the violence to the Muslims.

IBI

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: The Right Hates Women
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:10pm

Sprintcyclist thinks it ok to direct physical violence towards females.

Shameful.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:13pm

____ wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:10pm:

Shameful.

Why do you change thread titles all the time?

Is that a PFP directive?

IBI

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:26pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:13pm:

Shameful.

Why do you change thread titles all the time?

Is that a PFP directive?

The PFP is your creation. You tell me.

Why do the right make fun of Australian women dying because of domestic violence.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:08pm

Shameful.

No....Islam thinks it's ok.

It's in the Koran.

Females are fair game.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:24pm

KEY FACTS

The following basic statistics help demonstrate the prevalence and severity of violence against women:

On average, at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia.1 

One in three Australian women has experienced physical violence, since the age of 15.2

One in five Australian women has experienced sexual violence.2

One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner.2

One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner.3

Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from an intimate partner.4

Women are five times more likely than men to require medical attention or hospitalisation as a result of intimate partner violence, and five times more likely to report fearing for their lives.5

Of those women who experience violence, more than half  have children in their care.6

Violence against women is not limited to the home or intimate relationships. Every year in Australia, over 300,000 women experience violence – often sexual violence – from someone other than a partner.7

Eight out of ten women aged 18 to 24 were harassed on the street in the past year.8

Young women (18 – 24 years) experience significantly higher rates of physical and sexual violence than women in older age groups.9

There is growing evidence that women with disabilities are more likely to experience violence.10 

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women experience violence at higher rates than non-Indigenous women.11 

https://www.ourwatch.org.au/Understanding-Violence/Facts-and-figures

Trying to just blame one minority religion, you sell out your sisters.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:44pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:44pm:
Quote:
KEVIN Rudd’s godson Sean Foster says the man who allegedly struck him in the face earlier this week was also using “disgusting” homophobic slurs.

A 49-year-old Brisbane man has been charged with assault occasioning bodily harm and public nuisance.

It is alleged he struck Mr Foster, 19, in the face while he was sitting down and looking at his phone just after a marriage equality rally at Bulimba, in Brisbane’s northeast, on Tuesday afternoon.

Mr Foster alleged the man was using derogatory language towards ralliers, so he asked the man to stop. That’s when the situation allegedly turned violent.

“It was disgusting - that’s why I said something. It was afterwards and he was throwing those sorts of profanities around. There was no need for it,” Mr Foster told The Courier-Mail.

Mr Foster alleged the strike was a hard open-handed strike to the top of his face.

Former Prime Minister Rudd took to his Twitter account afterwards and shared a photo of Mr Foster sitting bloodied on a bus.

“It was out of the blue. I was shaken. I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t too sure how to handle it,” Mr Foster said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/man-accused-of-punching-kevin-rudd...

Just another example of the 'tick the no box' campaign
- in the ABS Marriage Equality Survey
- in action

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 10:02pm

cods wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:06pm:
not sure what you mean sprint... he was hit round the head whilst sitting down looking at his phone..

does look or sound like a slap to me....

and dont you think he did a good thing by telling a thug to stop using vile language???

I think in this day and age thats a pretty brave thing to do.

I think he was stupid to go on a march for homos.

I think he was stupider to tell 'a thug' to 'stop using vile language'.

I think he was stupidest to then go back to 'checking his phone'

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 10:06pm

____ wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
KEY FACTS

The following basic statistics help demonstrate the prevalence and severity of violence against women:

On average, at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia.1 

One in three Australian women has experienced physical violence, since the age of 15.2

One in five Australian women has experienced sexual violence.2

One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner.2

One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner.3

Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from an intimate partner.4

Women are five times more likely than men to require medical attention or hospitalisation as a result of intimate partner violence, and five times more likely to report fearing for their lives.5

Of those women who experience violence, more than half  have children in their care.6

Violence against women is not limited to the home or intimate relationships. Every year in Australia, over 300,000 women experience violence – often sexual violence – from someone other than a partner.7

Eight out of ten women aged 18 to 24 were harassed on the street in the past year.8

Young women (18 – 24 years) experience significantly higher rates of physical and sexual violence than women in older age groups.9

There is growing evidence that women with disabilities are more likely to experience violence.10 

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women experience violence at higher rates than non-Indigenous women.11 

https://www.ourwatch.org.au/Understanding-Violence/Facts-and-figures

Trying to just blame one minority religion, you sell out your sisters.

Every one of those things you've posted has a counter-argument - I can't be bothered going over each one for you.

Often the violence is from other women or girls at school etc.... to make a clear case you need to differentiate.  You also say that ATSI women suffer more - we all know that - that is no reason to condemn the mass of men, and it never will be justification for the violence exercised by the State in the name of 'protecting' women - an approach that has demonstrably failed for the simple reason that attacking INNOCENT men on the basis of some ideology or some mythical 'feeling' results in a further set of victims, who WILL retaliate.

The very approach of the /State to matters involving women is the direct cause of the escalating violence and deaths in 'domestic' situations.

You also need to clearly differentiate between the Jill Meagher type of outright crime and 'domestic violence'.

This perpetual quoting of bald figures, without citing that x% were from criminal strangers, and y% was from ATSI, and z% was from Wogville - grossly distorts the entire issue and makes of ALL men criminals without ever having committed an offence.

I doubt that anyone 'hates' women - by the same standard you could equally say that "the XXXXX hates men" - the social and regulatory situation in which men AND women find themselves far too often is the root cause of the apparently never-ending war between women (first shots) and men.

All this 'emotional' claptrap is killing people - men, women and children, and its time for its proponents - those propagandists who distort reality to make it appear that men are violent animals as a group - TO GROW UP!   Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print