Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jong Un fires another Ballistic Missile (Read 1468 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Jong Un fires another Ballistic Missile
Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 6:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 4:45pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 4:23pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 4:05pm:
Yes. We have all the rich and powerful countries on one side and all the weak and poor countries on the other.

No - we have the rich & powerful Chinese on one side &
the rich & powerful Yanks on the other.

There is only one way to solve this -
China must attack North Korea & take it as new territory.

I bet Trump wouldn't mind -
it would solve the problem for him.

How poplar do you think war would be in a country with a one child policy?

The one child policy was phased out in 2015, FD.

The one child policy could have been phased out in 2000 for what it is worth in this topic. The fact remains that China is still facing a demographic imbalance that would be further harmed by taking part in a war.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:04pm

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy

On October 29, 2015, it was reported that the existing law would be changed to a two-child policy, citing a statement from the Communist Party of China. The new law became effective on January 1, 2016,

So after nearly 2 generations of one child policy, they now have a two child policy. How do you think people there would feel about their only children and only grandchildren ending up as cannon fodder?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:20pm

freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy

On October 29, 2015, it was reported that the existing law would be changed to a two-child policy, citing a statement from the Communist Party of China. The new law became effective on January 1, 2016,

So after nearly 2 generations of one child policy, they now have a two child policy. How do you think people there would feel about their only children and only grandchildren ending up as cannon fodder?

Every single child family wanted a boy, so the imbalance grew and grew... and gay marriage was on the cards....

Anyway - (digs into a very deep, old and musty footlocker.. ah, there it is....)

"Unfortunately, MacArthur could be very convincing, even when wrong.  With his advice and full approval, the Departments of Defence and State placed South Korea outside future United States defence needs.  Accordingly, MacArthur's penchant for for publicity may have lead the Soviets and North Korea to believe that the United States would not come to the aid of South Korea in case of attack by the north.  On 2 March, 1949, he told the New York Times that both Korea and Formosa were outside the United States' defense perimeter in the Pacific and Far East. To the London Daily mail, he wrote:

'Now the Pacific has become an Anglo-Saxon lake, and our line of defense runs through the chain of islands fringing the coast of Asia.  It starts with the Philippines and continues through the Ryukyu Archipelago, which includes its main bastion, Okinawa.  then it bends back through Japan and the Aleutian chain to Alaska."
- p.345, the Pacific War, William B Hopkins, Zenith Press 2008.

Now here - way back in 1949, we begin to see the roots of several things; firstly, the belief by the principal ** mainland 'communist' regimes that the US will not really defend beyond this outline; secondly, we are seeing, in the Chinese steady intrusion into the South China Sea, a repetition of Japanese strategy prior to WW II of extending control, and also, interestingly, a repeat of US strategy in defeating Japan but in reverse - by the steady penetration of that line of defence and the domination of the surrounding area with sea and air power.......

History repeats itself in interesting ways....

I would suggest this is why there is no real back-down room for Trump.... and if Fat Boy continues and the Chinese do not stop him... anything can happen....

** I say 'principal' meaning China and Oriental Russia - the Vietnamese and Chinese have always had issues and in their last dust-up, in the late 1970's or so - the Vietnamese won... since the Chinese are currently pursuing this policy of intruding into Vietnamese waters and threatening sovereignty and trade etc... it is likely that in any future conflict Vietnam and the United States could well be allies....

Interestinger and interestinger....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:24pm

The trouble is that Kim Jong-Un has a sting in the tail.
Some of his missiles might get through with nuclear warheads on them.
We just don't know how sophisticated the weapons are & exactly what range.
Not only that - the real war could be with his submarines able to use a mini sub to deliver
a nuclear weapon into any port in the world.
There was some report I read about 2 months ago of the USA sending
anti-sub aeroplanes all down their west coast looking for NK subs.
It's the war under the sea that I worry about.

That last detonation was 170 Kilotons - that's enormous - 14 times bigger than Hiroshima -
& although he might not be able to put that on a missile
it would fit inside a mini sub with inertial guidance & a timer.
The fact is he does have at least one powerful nuclear weapon &
he has over 70 subs.

It's dangerous now to take him on but it will be a lot more dangerous in say 2 years time.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Latest news  ABC 24

Trump will give a speech in 2 hours time at the UN.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:56pm

Fatboy Slim-Kim should just let em all rip anywhere he can.
Just fire everything he has and worry about what happens next ...later.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:38am

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/donald-trump-un-speech-iran-north-kor...

In blunt terms, Trump warned the US would "totally destroy North Korea" if forced to defend itself or its allies.
He said while the US has "great strength and patience," its options could soon run out.

Directly putting the country's leader on notice, Trump suggested Kim Jong Un could not survive an American attack.
"Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself," he said.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #22 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:23pm

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:50pm

Sniper. Headshot. Done.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 2:10am

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:50pm:
Sniper. Headshot. Done.

Are you going to do it? Are you going to Asian-face yourself like Mickey Rooney's Mr Yunioshi in Breakfast at Tiffany's? Perhaps you would need a number of Asian-faced scout snipers to complete the mission because one person is not going to be enough. With 20-something million North Koreans, you would need a squad of snipers to take multiple shots at the president, not just to kill Jong-Un, but also his bodyguards and soldiers who will gun you down after a short chase. I doubt that the most committed South Korean sniper would undertake such a suicidal mission.

I can see alternatives. But you would need Jong-Un to be looking upwards for identification before they take a shot. And I know that you were just making a passing comment. But, if that was all that it took, he would be dead by now.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:57am

Yeah it was just tongue in cheek. More a piss take at how hollywood runs america. Thats how mitch rap would do it.

Of coarse there is no "easy" way around this but there are ways where america doesnt have to go in and try to pick him off through all the other possible bogies.
We don't need another Iraq situation. They have eyes on him.
Problem is that the world let this zit grow and now its a massive boil all the while stalling the inevitable.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print