Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
a long winter (Read 2029 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

a long winter
Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:31am

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I love the winter.
But has it been that long? Maybe it's just me but I think your perception of the weather gets reset every year and you don't really remember from year to year. I'm sitting here thinking I've been burning this log fire since April sometime and there's a howling gale outside and it's freezing in the middle of September and it's never gone on this long. But I seem to remember sometimes I've had to put the fire on at the October long weekend.
Your memory plays tricks when it comes to the weather.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with summer though. I judge whether it's been a hot summer according to if and how many 44 or 45 degree days there have been. Last summer there were none. The summer before there might have been one.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: a long winter
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:38am

but according to the loopy's its been the hottest winter Eva  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

and yes... the Climate Hoax Loopy's depend on you forgetting what its been like in other years... when you were growing up etc...

and yes... last summer was very cool with more rain than usual... but lets all forget that... shhhh Wink

but the BOM... they are just out and out crooks adjusting historic temperatures and using temperature gauges that WONT go below a certain temperature..

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:46am

ACT   it was 20 at the beginning of the week.. my ideal temp... today 13  and last night damn cold...

its really spring like...lol..  how unusual.

and those fires in Sydney   a man charged with lighting 3 of them.....so not GW after all.

what is it with men and fires???>...these guys need putting away... they make me sick.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:57am

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:58am

Still no sign of spring weather in Melbourne yet.
It' cold & raining every day & it will continue for at least another week.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:06am

cods wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:46am:
ACT   it was 20 at the beginning of the week.. my ideal temp... today 13  and last night damn cold...

its really spring like...lol..  how unusual.

and those fires in Sydney   a man charged with lighting 3 of them.....so not GW after all.

what is it with men and fires???>...these guys need putting away... they make me sick.

the greens always like to leave out that little FACT cods... wink wink

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:20am

-> Human <- caused climate change.

A human completed one of the loops !

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:32am

____ wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:20am:
-> Human <- caused climate change.

A human completed one of the loops !

maybe this guy they have charged   is a greeny we could find out..

lets face it its the greens that refuse to allow back burn

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:41am

Cods, are you an anti-vaxxer too?

I've heard AGW deniers described as today's Marlboro Man ... yet with your dishonesty, I suspect an anti vaxer would be closer.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:49am

____ wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:41am:

I've heard AGW deniers described as today's Marlboro Man ... yet with your dishonesty, I suspect an anti vaxer would be closer.

Rack off knob head 99% of the anti-vexes are green lunatics as well  Roll Eyes

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:52am

Speaking of the BOM, and before my phone battery runs out, I'd like to know how they measure Australia's average temp.

Do they:
1. Take readings all over the country and weight them according to square km at certain temps

2. Take readings all over but weight them according to population density, ie. so you get an average temp according to where most people live.

How do they do it? I mean, it will be hot in the Simpson Desert but I don't. feel much effect from that.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #11 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:56am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:49am:

94.5% of the statistics on this site are made up.

Climate Science Deniers are the modern day Tobacco Threat Deniers.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:57am

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:31am:

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I love the winter.

But has it been that long?

bogarde,

As you get older, the winters tend to get longer.            Wink                 Yes ?          Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:07am

I don't think so Yadda. But I do remember when I was a schoolboy in Sydney we would never wear a jumper in winter
But that was probably bravado and I notice the kids are the same today. Not just the kids but young people generally. But maybe they can't afford warm.clothes. Nobody wears wool anymore, in the land of the sheep, where we once manufactured woolen clothes and Onkaparinga blankets.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:16am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:49am:

Correct.
The lowest rates of vaccination in Sydney is in the inner west.. GREEN
Northern Rivers, Mullumbimby etc... GREEN

The Party for Pedophiles is also the Party for Pestilence   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:20am

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:07am:
I don't think so Yadda. But I do remember when I was a schoolboy in Sydney we would never wear a jumper in winter
But that was probably bravado and I notice the kids are the same today. Not just the kids but young people generally. But maybe they can't afford warm.clothes. Nobody wears wool anymore, in the land of the sheep, where we once manufactured woolen clothes and Onkaparinga blankets.

You can get a down jacket which is cheaper and warmer Smiley

We had mid 30s on Wednesday, perfect beach weather. Thursday was freezing!!!

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:11am

Gordon wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:20am:
bogarde73 wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:07am:

You can get a down jacket which is cheaper and warmer Smiley

We had mid 30s on Wednesday, perfect beach weather. Thursday was freezing!!!

but they didn't talk about "Thursday" ...

but boy.. did everyone in the entire Australia hear about Wednesday...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

how convenient..

yesterday for instance...

Melbourne didn't reach its highest temperature until 5.30 pm... like WTF??

how is the possible when the suns going down and everywhere else is freezing??

oh, thats right.. everyone starting their cars up and going home in bumper to bumper traffic close to weather temp gauges...  Roll Eyes

Latrobe-site.jpg (104 KB | 12 )
Latrobe-site.jpg

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:37am

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/australias-snow-depth-reaches-new-peak/526860
Australia's snow depth reaches new peak

Ben Domensino, Friday September 15, 2017 - 09:28 EST

The Australian alps are having their best snow season in nearly two decades and the base just keeps getting deeper.

Snowy Hydro's weekly snow depth readings at Spencers Creek in NSW are a reliable way to keep track of Australia's natural snowpack.

These measurements have been taken at the same site once a week - usually on Thursday - since the mid 1950s.

Yesterday's natural snow depth was 239.7cm, which maintains last week's ranking as the highest level in 17 years for Spencers Creek.

The current natural snowpack is 69cm higher than last season's peak.

Another impressive feat this season has been the lack of snow loss, with ten out of the past 11 weeks experiencing a net snow gain at Spencers Creek.

The last two and a half months have been an impressive recovery from one of the slowest starts to a season on record. There was only 4cm of natural snow at Spencers Creek at the end of June.

Another 20-30cm of fresh snow should fall in the alps during Friday and Saturday due to the passage of a cold front.

Clear skies and lighter winds will develop on Sunday as a high pressure system drifts over the mountains, producing flawless conditions at the resorts.

- Weatherzone

© Weatherzone 2017

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:00pm

Where are the climate scientists???????

I repeat:

Speaking of the BOM, and before my phone battery runs out, I'd like to know how they measure Australia's average temp.

Do they:
1. Take readings all over the country and weight them according to square km at certain temps

2. Take readings all over but weight them according to population density, ie. so you get an average temp according to where most people live.

How do they do it? I mean, it will be hot in the Simpson Desert but I don't feel much effect from that.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #19 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 5:56pm

You know, it's a shame that ignorance is so prevalent amongst the Climate Change deniers.  I suppose they can always turn to their Bibles for inspiration.   It is afterall, the word of god, isn't it?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 6:51am

If you can't actually answer my question why waste my time with dribble.
Not that I would expect logic from a notorious Muslim apologist. Your time would be better served over at the Europe board explaining away yet another terrorist outrage.

I'm looking for a serious answer from a serious person, not babbling from a baboon.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 10:26am

I might continue to prompt a response from time to time but it appears nobody here knows  the answer or is prepared to say.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:55am

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:00pm:
Speaking of the BOM, I'd like to know how they measure Australia's average temp.

Do they:

How do they do it? I mean, it will be hot in the Simpson Desert but I don't feel much effect from that.

Option 1 is correct

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:56am

The_Barnacle wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:55am:
Speaking of the BOM, I'd like to know how they measure Australia's average temp.

Do they:

Option 1 is correct

Where do you get that information from?

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 12:20pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:56am:
The_Barnacle wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:55am:

Do they:

Option 1 is correct

Where do you get that information from?

If you like you can read about it from a denier website

The Bureau’s solution is to select a subset of about 112 stations from the 750. Some of the stations in the subset started recording temperatures in the 1850s, others not until the 1960s. Then the bureau truncates the longer temperature records, in some cases by discarding over 50 years of data, indeed everything before the somewhat arbitrary date of 1910. Data before this date is not considered reliable, but then the Bureau applies corrections to some of the rest of the data even though it should be reliable. Then the adjusted and truncated values from the subset are fitted to a grid to generate an area-weighted average of the data.

http://jennifermarohasy.com/2014/01/bureau-confirms-calculating-australias-avera...

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 12:40pm

Well, if you all looked at the Aboriginal 'seasonal' calenders for your part of the country.
You would find that their 8-12 seasons are far more accurate and still accurate compared to the silly 4-season Western one which everyone is fixated on.

That would be a great start ...for starters Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 3:52pm

Barnacle, what that says to me is that the BOM's average temp for Australia, on the basis of which they tell us it was a hot winter and a hot (Hottest?) year, is a b/s extrapolation.

What matters to us is what is the average temp according to the population density and also according to agriculturally productive areas.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #27 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 3:52pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 6:51am:
If you can't actually answer my question why waste my time with dribble.
Not that I would expect logic from a notorious Muslim apologist. Your time would be better served over at the Europe board explaining away yet another terrorist outrage.

I'm looking for a serious answer from a serious person, not babbling from a baboon.

When someone as foolish as yourself treats me with respect, I might deign to answer your question.  However, as you have started out with a negative viewpoint and carried that onto ad hominem insults, I don't see any point.   The knowledge is out there, if you have an open mind and some basic scientific knowledge.   Search for it yourself.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Best snow in years eh bwian, you know how warming affects snow right?
So good in fact they just extended our snow season?
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pity dropkicks like you and Flannery are always wrong.

Come to think of it when do you ever argue on the right side about anything?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #29 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 6:55pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:58am:

It has been a nice warm and fresh spring week for the last 2 weeks. Coolish the other night, but okay from then onwards. I would swap our winter for your winter next year. See how long you whinge about a dry warm winter with cool nights.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #30 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 6:59pm

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #31 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:37pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 3:52pm:
Barnacle, what that says to me is that the BOM's average temp for Australia, on the basis of which they tell us it was a hot winter and a hot (Hottest?) year, is a b/s extrapolation.

What matters to us is what is the average temp according to the population density and also according to agriculturally productive areas.

Well that's the difference between local weather and long term climate
Climate is calculated independent of population density which is as it should be.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #32 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:52pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 6:55pm:

It has been a nice warm and fresh spring week for the last 2 weeks. Coolish the other night, but okay from then onwards. I would swap our winter for your winter next year. See how long you whinge about a dry warm winter with cool nights.

We're getting our first hot day for about 5 months tomorrow   22 degrees!  wow

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #33 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:51am

Still pretty cool at nights here - on the Mid North Coast of NSW.... brrrrrr... still doona and two blankets...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #34 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:54am

Bobby. wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:52pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 6:55pm:

We're getting our first hot day for about 5 months tomorrow   22 degrees!  wow

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

We are getting set for our first week-long heatwave, starting Friday. We have been having our 30 degree days for the last month. Only 3 weeks ago since we had below 10 degree nights (save for one night the other week).

I have shut off my hot water system in anticipation for the hot weather. I have not seen 22 degrees as a hot day ever. A hot night for spring or autumn, perhaps. Never for a summer, autumn, or spring day. Even in winter, we would consider it a sunny day.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #35 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:59am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:51am:
Still pretty cool at nights here - on the Mid North Coast of NSW.... brrrrrr... still doona and two blankets...

I slept from 5am to 3pm today with the fan on, the window open and a fresh set of sheets and doona. Was sweating by 2pm and just lay their like an idiot deciding whether to get up and sleep on. Slept again with the doona off and I felt much better.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print