Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Will lefties condemn this violence? Or is it okay? (Read 4840 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Will lefties condemn this violence? Or is it okay?
Reply #30 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:30am

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-marriage/facebook-death-threat-against-girl...

Would you condone this for instance?

Let me be clear, 98% of people in this argument are reasopnable and rational on both sides. Its the 2% of idiots who as usual are getting all the coverage.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:34am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:29am:
Its online?

Would you consider letter droppings regarding allowing SSM would lead to "transgender" people raping women in toilets to be ok?

sorry is that directed at me??>..

you wil have to explain that I have not seen any news on that one..

have you the link........you see a few nut cases always come out of the woodwork...the way this thing has been stretched out to the limit   yep it gives it time for the nut cases to do letter box drops....lolol..

someone on here like to Hang everyone they are afraid of ... but so far I dont think anyone has hung  anyone in this country...

so if you are getting your knickers in a knot becaujse of some EXTREME ism in the NO camp...

I think you are being swept along in this HATE campaign the yes voters  seem to want.... they enjoy being victims didnt you know that..

btw I havent had a nasty thing in my letterbox...from either side..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:37am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:30am:
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-marriage/facebook-death-threat-against-girl...

Would you condone this for instance?

Let me be clear, 98% of people in this argument are reasopnable and rational on both sides. Its the 2% of idiots who as usual are getting all the coverage.

you seriously make a fuss about the 2%   really

a father threatens a 14 yr old girl seriously !!!!!!! 

you do know that is an offence to threaten to kill anyone......and the first thing she does or her mum does is ring the police......

simple.... facebook wont save her  neither will the gay community....hes breaking the law....go for it.. bojack...send that to the police..

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:41am

Cods do you even bother reading the threads, I'm not the one complaining about they are changing their vote based on what the other sides minorirty are saying. I'm not suggesting that all yes voters are violent etc.

Sometimes, cods, you need a good bex a lie down and to actually read what is being typed.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #34 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:48am

And let me be clear, if I saw an example of someone saying I'm voting yes because of the way the No campaigners are going about things, I'd be as offended and angry about it.

If anyone has an example of that show me, so I can point that out too.

Its the lack of logical clear thinking in that regard that pisses me off, its the lack of logic exhibited in all the slippery slope thinking and mentions of gay agendas etc etc that pisses me off.

There is only onne simple question that people should be thinking about in which to base your answer on. Do you think same sex couples should have equal rights under the law as striaght couples (which currently they do not)

If you think they should, vote yes.
If you think they shouldn't, vote no.

Simple, think of any issue outside of that you're exhibiting poor thinking and logic on this issue.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:55am

These are the people that voted NO to aborigines to be citizens, NO to equal rights for women.
If they could, they would rewind to the days of slavery and colonialism.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #36 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:56am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 8:45am:
matty wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:27am:
matty wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:35am:
http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/police-called-as-hundreds-of-protesters...

We kept being told that those in the yes campaign would face extreme intolerance and violence. And yet ALL the tolerance and violence has come FROM them.

And yet no thats not the case. 51 threads started on a non-important topic matty.

Yes that IS the case.

Show me an example as disgusting as this from someone on the no side.

You mean people just protesting and maybe shoving a bit? Bit far to call this disgusting.

Excuse me....my 2 older kids who attend Sydney Uni were on the receiving end of that hostile abuse!

So yeah it was freaking vile and revolting NOT just disgusting!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #37 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:58am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:10am:
matty wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:35am:
http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/police-called-as-hundreds-of-protesters...

We kept being told that those in the yes campaign would face extreme intolerance and violence. And yet ALL the [highlight]tolerance and violence has come FROM them[/highlight].

You have no idea do you....Hiding behind religion is gutless and shows how intolerant you really are!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think the issue was not religion, but their right to express their view in the manner described by the spokeswhatever in that article....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #38 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:59am

stunspore wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:55am:
These are the people that voted NO to aborigines to be citizens, NO to equal rights for women.

No we didn't!

Stop posting unsubstantiated drivel!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #39 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:00pm

FOR BOJACK!

A few days ago....my 2 older kids (who attend Sydney Uni) and some of their friends (who also attend Sydney Uni) were embroiled in this fiasco.

Take a look at who was targeted  :|

http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/police-called-as-hundreds-of-protesters-surround-sydney-university-vote-no-rally-20170914-gyhca1.html

Police called as hundreds of protesters surround Sydney University 'vote no' rally

Police have been called to the University of Sydney after a rally encouraging students to vote "no" in the same-sex marriage postal survey drew hundreds of counter-protesters.

About 200 students gathered around a few students who were making speeches and holding signs that read "It's ok to say 'no.' "

Read more if you like. The link is above.

The kids are telling us that everyone on their Vote No team was a student BUT the protesters were not. They were mainly non students/imported gay activists. This wasn't reported!

I'M VERY ANGRY ABOUT THIS  Angry

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:04pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:48am:
And let me be clear, if I saw an example of someone saying I'm voting yes because of the way the No campaigners are going about things, I'd be as offended and angry about it.

If anyone has an example of that show me, so I can point that out too.

Its the lack of logical clear thinking in that regard that pisses me off, its the lack of logic exhibited in all the slippery slope thinking and mentions of gay agendas etc etc that pisses me off.

There is only onne simple question that people should be thinking about in which to base your answer on. Do you think same sex couples should have equal rights under the law as striaght couples (which currently they do not)

If you think they should, vote yes.
If you think they shouldn't, vote no.

Simple, think of any issue outside of that you're exhibiting poor thinking and logic on this issue.

That wasn't the question asked... there have been several proposals as to how gay marriage could have the same rights without being included in Marriage.  Separate but equal...

The concerns I've heard have nothing to do with silly stuff like marrying the gatepost or whatever or some fear of mad semi-lesos in toilets etc - most people simply do not encompass such drivel ideas in any way - but they state simply that gay marriage is not marriage, though they do not object to their having equal rights within a union.

The question didn't say 'equal' - and the inclusion of that word is loading the question.  The question was a simple should gay couples be allowed to marry - it didn't mention equality, since the issue is not one of equality, since gays do not currently fit the bill for marriage, but one of inclusion.

The moment you include 'equal' you are stating that they are currently unequal - which is not the case since they hold the same marriage rights under the rules as everyone else

Where's Dr Mengele - make an easy list for the Konzentrationslageren in the future to have gay marriage listed separately....?

« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:12pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:05pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 11:59am:

No we didn't!

Might have been better if the nation had voted to keep the status quo.... just saying.... be a lot less social and economic angst out there today.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:05pm:

No we didn't!

Might have been better if the nation had voted to keep the status quo.... just saying.... be a lot less social and economic angst out there today.

Huh?????? Shocked Sad Angry

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:43pm

When are these Rent A Crowds going to protest about sky high electricity prices caused by subsidizing Renewable Rubbish ?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:49pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:40pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:05pm:

No we didn't!

Huh?????? Shocked Sad Angry

Just throwing a fox among the pigeons.... issues that were never discussed at the time still require full and open discussion AND proper resolution.... like ssm, unless properly resolved by the people in the entirety of the discussion - it will remain a festering sore on the body politic and the body economic and the body social of this nation and all others - as feminism has been since the early 1980's with its never-ending special privileges accruing to this 'accredited victim status'** group...

** term courtesy of Lloyd Billingsley in The Absence of Tyranny..... his theme being that Freedom is not licence but is, rather, the absence of tyranny...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print