Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
This makes me want to vote NO (Read 5077 times)
TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: This makes me want to vote NO
Reply #75 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 9:27pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 9:17pm:
saying I will vote NO is a 'thoughtcrime'

You're not wrong: orwell!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #76 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:03pm

cods wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 9:37am:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 9:16am:
Aussie wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:25pm:
Quote:
I will not be told what to do or what I have to put up with  by someone who fell over the line thanks to preferences

Like many Members of the Liberal Party in the HoR?

Quote:
I will not be told what to do or what I have to put up with  by someone who fell over the line thanks to preferences

You do know it is Mal Turnbull's failed attempt to live up to his election commitment ???

People falling over the line have no relevance to Turnbull's broken election promises.

turnbull said before the election    he would give the people the right to vote on this..

the reason it didnt happen was because of the left and the minority groups in the senate..they didnt want a pleb.. they didnt want the people to have a say.. simple as that.....

then when he said a postal    they took that to the high court    Angry Angry Angry

they have no shame...its all about them   and what they want....they dont want you or me to have a say...

they reckon  150 votes will do it for them   because they all want the gay vote dont they???...

as we can see the YES people can be very very nasty...I guess its backlash for the past...but sheeeeeze..........

oh yes a lot of those people in the senate  got there  through sheer luck of the count... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

and now with have this crap about dual citz.   

makes me wonder if this country will ever grow up

Quote:
turnbull said before the election    he would give the people the right to vote on this..

the reason it didnt happen was because of the left and the minority groups in the senate..they didnt want a pleb.. they didnt want the people to have a say.. simple as that.....

he made a promise that he couldn't keep, simple as that.

He said that he would do it if elected and he didn't. He simply should not make election promises that he does not have the power to keep.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #77 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:09pm

capitosinora wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 8:25pm:
Why someone, who is not homosexual, vote Yes?.

Its fair and reasonable.

There is no reason to not support this section of the community when it makes no difference to anyone else.

Supporting the continuation of prejudice and the demonization of people in same sex relationships is unacceptable.

Knocking down the walls to institutionalised discrimination would be a good thing to do.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #78 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:17pm

I'm voting NO....

Was invited down to a party in the park today.... chatted with a few people.... one lady  said that she was neutral over gay unions, but it shouldn't be called marriage.

That pretty much firmed it for me...my thoughts are the same and no amount of pushing the barrow will ever persuade the majority that a gay marriage is a marriage in any real sense.

If you want a separate ruling with the same rights - go for it.... but it ain't marriage.  Call it gayriage or whatever...

"Dearly beloved, were are gathered here in the sight of god and this assembled congregation to join in Holy Homomony...."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #79 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:20pm

Let the people decide in a binding vote or this will just keep coming up over and over again to the complete dismay of the majority and the loss of masses of cash.....

I wouldn't allow our politicians to vote on the value of tickets in a chook raffle, given their performance over the past forty years.... all downhill.... couldn't drive an alcoholic to drink....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print