Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
This makes me want to vote NO (Read 5104 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Negatives Say No
Reply #45 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:31pm

____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 9:10pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:15pm:
____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
The negative position is ... I am better than you. Gay people are second class citizen

Now replace Gay with Black.
If the negatives were being racist, would that be acceptable?

What utter emotion-based nonsense.  You've convinced me to vote NO.

Who do you think you are fooling.
You have been saying over and over and over : you're a negative.

And my point stands. Replace Gay with Black ... and this is identical to the negative argument towards interracial marriage.

Funny, sonny - over two years ago I posted an argument/discussion over gay marriage and came down on the side of YES.  It is the behaviour of the current YES lobby that has turned me off.

Who are YOU fooling?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:37pm

____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 9:10pm:
The negative position is ... I am better than you. Gay people are second class citizen

Who do you think you are fooling.
You have been saying over and over and over : you're a negative.

And my point stands. Replace Gay with Black ... and this is identical to the negative argument towards interracial marriage.

You saying now there are no 'inter-racial' marriages?  Nobody questioned Stan the Tan's right to stand up in front of the cameras until he decided he was more Black than White...  it never occurred to me that Ray Martin was Aboriginal... he was just another presenter until he came out of the Black closet...

You see - the issue here is that you earn your way by behaving in a certain manner..... I see no earning from the gay lobby - only demands and threats and intimidation and attacks on character and career on any who stand up for an opposing view, and endless whining over what they don't have rather than appreciation for what they do have....

Like the whining Muslims here today, they have all Rights accruing to a citizen of this nation...... as laid down... what they are demanding with menaces is a special Right for themselves alone....

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: This makes me want to vote NO
Reply #47 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:44pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:21pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:47pm:
Aussie wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:28pm:
So, do you no longer hold those views?

I think there should be an official distinction made between a hetero marriage and a gay marriage.

Have a marriage by all means - with all the legal rights enjoyed by the straights except for the matter of adopting children - but have it described as a same-sex marriage.

Sounds good to me.... many 'straight' couples can't adopt for many reasons... there is no divine right of married gays to adopt...

being over weight goes against hetro couples....age is another bogy...when they may have waited a few years already....

what about IVF and surrogacy ?... its a whole heap of stuff thats involved....

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:03am

cods wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:44pm:

I think there should be an official distinction made between a hetero marriage and a gay marriage.

Have a marriage by all means - with all the legal rights enjoyed by the straights except for the matter of adopting children - but have it described as a same-sex marriage.

Sounds good to me.... many 'straight' couples can't adopt for many reasons... there is no divine right of married gays to adopt...

being over weight goes against hetro couples....age is another bogy...when they may have waited a few years already....

I've known straight couples that were not allowed to adopt because they were 'too old', and for the same reason could not get IVF.

The same rules apply to all - being gay does not entitle you to adopt or get IVF to suit yourself, the latter of which cost a Queensland IVF clinic some cold hard cash for refusing IVF to a lesbian woman with a partner, both of whom already had kids.

THIS is the kind of thing that people are raising their eyebrows about.... this absolute 'entitlement' to anything on demand as long as you belong to some specified group ... and that's where I draw the line.

Equality does not include giving in to demands to special groups.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:11pm

LOL
Aussie couples also can't adopt if their BMI is too high.

Quite obviously a hetero and homo relationship is not the same and hence cannot be equal.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:44pm

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:20pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:03am:
cods wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:44pm:

I've known straight couples that were not allowed to adopt because they were 'too old', and for the same reason could not get IVF.

The same rules apply to all - being gay does not entitle you to adopt or get IVF to suit yourself, the latter of which cost a Queensland IVF clinic some cold hard cash for refusing IVF to a lesbian woman with a partner, both of whom already had kids.

THIS is the kind of thing that people are raising their eyebrows about.... this absolute 'entitlement' to anything on demand as long as you belong to some specified group ... and that's where I draw the line.

Equality does not include giving in to demands to special groups.....

grap while we have a system where minority groups get a seat in the senate   this will be the outcome....

stoopid people do not understand when they vote for these splinter  usually disenfranchised from a party  they are giving them a lever to blackmail  ....

and I have said it for a long time  its wrong wrong wrong....I will not be told what to do or what I have to put up with  by someone who fell over the line thanks to preferences....we have to wake up to where this country is heading....the greens have already closed down so much of our industry and still they are not satisfied....and  they never will be..

its POWER gone mad... and its POWER abused...they dont give a poo about you or me   the gays thing is just another bandwagon they can jump on for a few extra votes....is it good or bad does it work will it ruin anything... they wouldnt have a clue....all they see is they dont want a lib govt to work  because it doesnt hand them everything they ask for.. like gillard...and they will work against Australia.... its what they are its what they do..

well all these other little groups are exactly the same...

and that why I will vote NO   and if it gets up the lefty noses  all the better..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:25pm

Quote:
I will not be told what to do or what I have to put up with  by someone who fell over the line thanks to preferences

Like many Members of the Liberal Party in the HoR?

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 12:18am

Aussie wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:16pm:

Were you ever going to vote, "Yes?"

Hi all, I know it's been a while since I have been on here, but I felt it important to read the interesting views on here about the same sex marriage debate, with voting soon to happen about it.

First, I think the word "sex" should be taken out of it, maybe use definitions like, Civil Unions, or Same Gender marriage, etc.

As for voting, I am in two mind frames about it.

Always trying to see it from the other viewpoint, or putting oneself in another's shoes (empathy)....but since learning how in Massachusetts for instance, since books in schools, with 'king and queen' stories are replaced with 'king and king kissing' etc......it's any wonder, that homosexuality had risen 50%. So it's not about x and y chromosomes being oddly done from birth, it's a mind over matter situation, or...social engineering. And then, there is a call for non gender identity.....not allowed to call a vagina or penis for what it is...what do kids make up then, train in tunnels, boat in harbours?

Perhaps, this is the beginning of the end of humans as we know it?
The population will decline? Maybe it's not such a bad thing?

So my friend, calls in today, to have a cuppa, and we discuss all this, her adult brother is gay, and she hears their conversations, his partner hates females, and says things like "those stinky girls with their stinky handbags under their armpits"......

I don't sense any tolerance from their side, for differences.

Needless to say, she and her brother do not talk much to each other, as he looks down his nose at her, thinking he is more talented and artistic etc. True, he is, but she is talented also, but probably not acceptably so.

I asked my friend, what are you voting? She asked me, is it compulsory?
I said, I am not sure, I don't think so, as there is privacy with the vote, so how would anyone know who voted what.

My 89 year old mother, seemed to not quite understand the whole thing, said to my 33 yr old daughter, "Why can't the gays get married like the rest of us, why do they have to have their own special laws?"
Of course, my daughter explained it that they didn't have any marriage laws, at all.

I think, that the bid to get the law change for equal rights to getting married for same gender is just a stepping stone to other law changes.
Some I believe, will just be happy to be wedded with recognized lawful rights with each other. Others, I believe, seem very aggressive and have an axe to grind.
Give an inch scenario.

I want to vote yes for my kids gay friends, that I have befriended and gotten to know, and we all love each other as friends.

For them I vote yes, for those other aggressive types, that worries, me, because, it's like a Muslim religion, where some are meek and mild and lovely, and Christian, and others are radicals.
I see it happening in the gay sector similar.

It's like a Hilary and Trump divisive thing.....people are going to be divided, many want to just be neutral, but the opposing sides will always be heard.

PS....the envelopes are see through if a torch is shone through it, and the votes can be seen if yes or no.....they are saying, that disgruntled posties could do something about those voted envelopes?

So wrap your replies in another piece of paper before putting in the envelope, for true privacy.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #54 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 1:50am

Grendel wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
Quite obviously a hetero and homo relationship is not the same ...

You're right

I've gone jogging on BOTH sides of the road- and in the latter the sex is better and more frequent

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #55 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 2:26am

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:44pm:

"Because dear reader...."

Truly hilarious from one propaganda artist to another  Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 6:44am

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 2:26am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:44pm:

"Because dear reader...."

Truly hilarious from one propaganda artist to another  Cheesy

Well, start typing. Counter it with your view. I'm open to ideas as to why all this crap is happening.
Propaganda is on the tv nightly at 6.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #57 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 9:12am

cods wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:20pm:
grap while we have a system where minority groups get a seat in the senate   this will be the outcome....

stoopid people do not understand when they vote for these splinter  usually disenfranchised from a party  they are giving them a lever to blackmail  ....

and I have said it for a long time  its wrong wrong wrong....I will not be told what to do or what I have to put up with  by someone who fell over the line thanks to preferences....we have to wake up to where this country is heading....the greens have already closed down so much of our industry and still they are not satisfied....and  they never will be..

its POWER gone mad... and its POWER abused...they dont give a poo about you or me   the gays thing is just another bandwagon they can jump on for a few extra votes....is it good or bad does it work will it ruin anything... they wouldnt have a clue....all they see is they dont want a lib govt to work  because it doesnt hand them everything they ask for.. like gillard...and they will work against Australia.... its what they are its what they do..

well all these other little groups are exactly the same...

and that why I will vote NO   and if it gets up the lefty noses  all the better..

Minority groups in the senate have nothing to do with Turnbulls postal vote ?

and if it gets up the lefty noses  all the better

Why would you think that treating people in same sex relationships fairly is a political right left issue ??? 

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #58 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 9:16am

Aussie wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:25pm:
Quote:
I will not be told what to do or what I have to put up with  by someone who fell over the line thanks to preferences

Like many Members of the Liberal Party in the HoR?

Quote:

You do know it is Mal Turnbull's failed attempt to live up to his election commitment ???

People falling over the line have no relevance to Turnbull's broken election promises.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 9:31am

What a load of crap ..... using racism as a comparison to being homosexual.

roundabout quote from this video ..... you can walk into a room full of homosexuals and you wouldn't know ....

but walk into a room of black people and it's obvious.

Neither do you consider that there is a voice from children of Same Sex couples who don't believe Gay Marriage should be legalised ..... nor that being raised by 2 mothers or 2 fathers is all it's made out to be.

Because the whole issue isn't about what's good for children it's all about the desires of adults.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print