Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
This makes me want to vote NO (Read 5076 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: This makes me want to vote NO
Reply #15 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:48pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
has anyone given a thought to the poor children that get "stuck" with these queers...

and that of their health/mental health and wellbeing ??

the elephant in the room... one thinks..

the poofters couldnt care less as long as they can set up home and pretend to play mummies and daddies..

and that will be next..
]cancel mothers day and fathers day because those who don't have proper parents will have their precious "feeling" hurt..  Cry

lets wait till we see the words in the legislation.. Roll Eyes

person day...

people day.

universal day....[ we have Uni toilets} Roll Eyes

whatever day..

how about we boycott the lot of them  I will never ever buy a card.. with happy person day on it....

it wont happen...

anything that disses mum or dad is out....wont take part and wont spend my money on it..

if my grandson are to come to school for a person day dressed in a dress he wont go to school that day...

I can think of heaps of things I can do to show how I feel about this

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Negatives Say No
Reply #16 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:50pm

____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:44pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:41pm:
____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
cods wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Two rallies occurring at the same time, and the tiny one is complaining that the bigger one was more effective, made more noise, more representative of society ... and the negative camp thinks that's unfair!

These negative people should get a life.

seriously!   wow who would have thought the NOs getting the blame yet again.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The negatives have a chip on their shoulder. Nothing else happening here.

You're a Marxist.

A spokesman for the Sydney University Catholic Society said that "vote no" campaigners were "physically assaulted, verbally abused and repeatedly shouted down".

I thought the negatives were pure as snow ... and here you are labelling posters because that's all you have.

If any laws were broken then the law would take it's course.

Surprising thing ... over a dozen went to the negative rally. Surely that's a win !

I'm not talking about laws being broken. I'm talking about a the process of a free and fair exchange of ideas, something you obviously don't agree with.

Not really a Voltairean are you?

Seriously, this is indefensible.

A spokesman for the Sydney University Catholic Society said that "vote no" campaigners were "physically assaulted, verbally abused and repeatedly shouted down".

"We were told we cannot be on campus with such beliefs...we maintain that university is a place where different opinions can and should be expressed without fear of safety," the spokesman said.

IBI

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #17 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:56pm

Really? What a bunch of scrags at University did has enough influence to sway you will vote on this issue?

Perhaps you need to have a think about the way you make decisions

Nobody can MAKE YOU do anything

Its all about what goes on inside your head Cool

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #18 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:56pm

The negative position is ... I am better than you. Gay people are second class citizen

Now replace Gay with Black.
If the negatives were being racist, would that be acceptable?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #19 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:06pm

____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
The negative position is ... I am better than you. Gay people are second class citizen

But that's not what they were saying. Like it or not they're discussing a postal survey sponsored by the Govt of our country.

By petitioning for the YES vote, that shows they were participating in the survey.

Now tell me again why these NO campaigners should not be afforded freedom of speech?

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #20 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:10pm

red baron wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
Really? What a bunch of scrags at University did has enough influence to sway you will vote on this issue?

It's not just this incident.
Throughout this whole process YES campaigners have been intolerant of any view but their own. Regardless of my opinion on the underlying issue, I'm feeling compelled to vote no as a protest vote against the intolerance of freedom of speech.

IBI

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #21 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:11pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:06pm:

But that's not what they were saying. Like it or not they're discussing a postal survey sponsored by the Govt of our country.

By petitioning for the YES vote, that shows they were participating in the survey.

Now tell me again why these NO campaigners should not be afforded freedom of speech?

You just started a thread on these Negatives and their complaints. Seems like a massive poor me beat up so to garnish some attention.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #22 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:13pm

____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:11pm:

You just started a thread on these Negatives and their complaints. Seems like a massive poor me beat up so to garnish some attention.

Do you this?  Yes or no.

"We were told we cannot be on campus with such beliefs...we maintain that university is a place where different opinions can and should be expressed without fear of safety," the spokesman said.

IBI

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #23 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:13pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:10pm:

Throughout this whole process YES campaigners have been intolerant of any view but their own. Regardless of my opinion on the underlying issue, I'm feeling compelled to vote no as a protest vote against the intolerance of freedom of speech.

The survey is not on free speech. Otherwise Howard should reverse his bastardising of the marriage act, so to stop gay people having their day in High Court.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:15pm

____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:13pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:10pm:

The survey is not on free speech. Otherwise Howard should reverse his bastardising of the marriage act, so to stop gay people having their day in High Court.

Do you believe the NO campaigners had a right to free speech without physical intimidation? Yes or no.

IBI

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #25 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:19pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:41pm:
____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
cods wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Two rallies occurring at the same time, and the tiny one is complaining that the bigger one was more effective, made more noise, more representative of society ... and the negative camp thinks that's unfair!

These negative people should get a life.

seriously!   wow who would have thought the NOs getting the blame yet again.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The negatives have a chip on their shoulder. Nothing else happening here.

You're a Marxist.

Quote:
You're a Marxist.

Me too - Groucho was the best.

“Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.”
― Groucho Marx

“I intend to live forever, or die trying.”
― Groucho Marx

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:19pm

Gays: Twiddle-Dees, Over-Achievers, Over-Indulgent
Rednecks: Twiddle-Dumbs, Under-Achievers, Over-Populated.

Two wrongs not making a right.

I won't support Rednecks by voting No.
I won't support Gays by voting Yes.
I won't be partaking of being asked to make a choice between two wrongs.
It's like being asked to bowl a No Ball or a Wide.
Both are financially and sexually dysfunctional.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #27 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:20pm

Perhaps the YES voters at Uni might be able to buy some brown shirts and appropriate leather gear, seemed to work in Germany? Tongue

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:31pm

____ wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:11pm:

gordon isnt standing on a box in a square   demanding they all vote the way he is... though

you prefer not to get that bit dont you??...

why are the YES voters bullies????

even taking the govt of the day to the high court to get their own way... Angry

just a simple reply will do

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:37pm

Quote:
gordon isnt standing on a box in a square   demanding they all vote the way he is... though

you prefer not to get that bit dont you??...

That is bullying?  Really?????

Quote:
why are the YES voters bullies????

I don't think they are, and I've seen no evidence to support the allegation ~ Any more than is the case with the 'No' vote although they did try the emotional heart string tug.

Quote:
even taking the govt of the day to the high court to get their own way... Angry

Far king bullshit, cods.  That was a clear effort to test whether the Govt was entitled to spend, outside its budget, $M122 on a stupid, unenforceable, non binding, non compulsory postal poll.

Quote:
just a simple reply will do

Done, just because you asked so nicely.

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print