Send Topic Print
The future of work (Read 482 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

The future of work
Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:22am

Unit 39 to Fat Controller: "Please can I go to the toilet now"

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: The future of work
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:44am

Fine - now how do you propose to go about sharing the wealth around so everyone gets the basics of life and a little luxury on top of it as well - as promised years ago by the proponents of mechanisation?

Story is about some US Cavalry guys ordered to shoot their horses and move to trucks, and they steal the herd and make it to Canada..... the kid's mother worked on it.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:25pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:44am:
Fine - now how do you propose to go about sharing the wealth around so everyone gets the basics of life and a little luxury on top of it as well - as promised years ago by the proponents of mechanisation?

How many people have you watched starve to death lately?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:21pm

freediver wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:25pm:

'Lately' is not the issue - this is discussion of the future - the question is simple - where is the money going to come from and where is it all going to go?

If all machines make everything for sale for profit - where is the income from all those other people going to come from to buy those produced goods?

The ONLY avenue is to massively tax all corporations in the robot game...... that way the funds can be distributed to all and the promised land finally be achieved.... with machines taking over all the hard work and people enjoying themselves on the beaches all day instead of under the bridges....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:43pm

Work, as we know it will eventually dissapear.

Gone are the days of working at one job for life or even 5 days a week week.

But the grubberment will have to work out how the population will survive, for if they dont, people will revolt.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:04pm

I think the robots in the picture are a work of art.
Or am I fantasising about a moaning sex robot?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:18pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:25pm:

'Lately' is not the issue - this is discussion of the future - the question is simple - where is the money going to come from and where is it all going to go?

If all machines make everything for sale for profit - where is the income from all those other people going to come from to buy those produced goods?

The ONLY avenue is to massively tax all corporations in the robot game...... that way the funds can be distributed to all and the promised land finally be achieved.... with machines taking over all the hard work and people enjoying themselves on the beaches all day instead of under the bridges....

That's not how it works. As we build machines to do our work for us, we don't stop working. Instead, we work on building bigger and more varied machines. Once something has been made entirely by machine for a while, it becomes dirt cheap. 1000 years from now there could be a million robots per person building and maintaining our orbiting space colonies. People will be very busy. Those million robots are not just going to manage themselves. We are not going to draw some line in the sand and say this is enough, we have everything we need, let's play on the internet and let the machines do everything for us.

Right?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

z

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 3:12pm

> where is the money going to come from and where is it all going to go?

Much as I sympathize with the arguments presented here, they all dodge the PRIMARY PROBLEM:

The primary problem is MONEY, which is issued FOR FREE by every bank that is part of the Federal Reserve System (RBA included) and CONSTITUTES A DEBT for all those who accept it. A debt that can NEVER BE REPAID, but binds you to the lender forever. That is its purpose.

So long as you're arguing about money, you've been blinded by the system and are contributing to the problem.

FORGET ABOUT MONEY!

Once you've decided WHAT TO DO, there will be a way to do it that DOESN'T INVOLVE MONEY.

See China's One Road One Belt policy - supported by the BRICS and the SCO - for an explanation. And especially learn about the gold-backed yuan that is the real reason for the fracas about North Korea.

All of which are "conspiracy theories", of course.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2017 at 3:44pm by z »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print