Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Rules for banning members (Read 5542 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Rules for banning members
Reply #60 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:33pm

HAIL CAESAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #61 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:36pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:17pm:
Article I

Section 1. There shall be a Council elected in accordance with this section which shall have the power to review, and subject to the provisions of this section, overturn a decision to ban another member.

The Council shall be composed of five members, who shall be styled Councillors. The members of the Council shall be elected by the members of the Forum, in accordance with a majoritarian system by means of preferential voting.

A member of the Council shall hold her or his office for a term of six months from the date on which he or she assumes office. No one and the same person shall hold office for a consecutive term. A person who has held such office for at least one month, either in her or his own right, or as a replacement to which some other person was elected, shall not be re-eligible for a consecutive term.

A member of the Council may, by writing under her or his hand, resign as a member. A declaration of resignation shall be made publicly on the forum, and once confirmed, another election shall be held to fill the place of the vacancy.

Section. 2. A member of the Council may, during her or his continuance in office, be subject to a recall election. At the demand of any ten members, a charge may be made against a Councillor. (Details to be included later....)

Aussie??

Well Aussie's banned.

So good luck with everything  Smiley

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:42pm

no rules, no reviews

If you are rude and the mod is in a bad mood .... you might get a rest.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #63 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:13pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:36pm:
Article I

Section 1. There shall be a Council elected in accordance with this section which shall have the power to review, and subject to the provisions of this section, overturn a decision to ban another member.

The Council shall be composed of five members, who shall be styled Councillors. The members of the Council shall be elected by the members of the Forum, in accordance with a majoritarian system by means of preferential voting.

A member of the Council shall hold her or his office for a term of six months from the date on which he or she assumes office. No one and the same person shall hold office for a consecutive term. A person who has held such office for at least one month, either in her or his own right, or as a replacement to which some other person was elected, shall not be re-eligible for a consecutive term.

A member of the Council may, by writing under her or his hand, resign as a member. A declaration of resignation shall be made publicly on the forum, and once confirmed, another election shall be held to fill the place of the vacancy.

Section. 2. A member of the Council may, during her or his continuance in office, be subject to a recall election. At the demand of any ten members, a charge may be made against a Councillor. (Details to be included later....)

Aussie??

Well Aussie's banned.

WTF? Again? What for?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #64 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 5:30am

Seriously Sprintcyclist - you call yourself a Christian yet you push for so many people to be banned. What if you had been banned permanently in those early years when you often lost the plot? Some members felt compassion for you and continually asked FD to reconsider your reinstatement.

Lisa - you have been banned permanently in the past - and so have a few others. I for one, have pushed to have you and quite a few members reinstated over the years, but when I see the hatred some of you have for certain people who you disagree with I wonder why I bothered.

A message to all those who have broken one rule after another and escaped a permanent exile - live and let live. Once you get rid of all the people who annoy you - this forum will become as boring as PA. FD relies on a variety of personalities to keep Ozpolitic alive.

Those who continually call for bans could have had the same fate if others hadn't intervened on their behalf when they were misbehaving.

I'm intervening now. Remove all permanent bans and for those who continually whinge to the moderator/s - give it a rest and learn a little tolerance for others who are different.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #65 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:54am

Auggie wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Well Aussie's banned.

WTF? Again? What for?

Grin Grin Grin

In his case does there have to be a reason? (With apologies to Mantra for whom I have the highest regard).

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #66 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:11am

You don't have to apologise to me Herbert - I know Aussie as well as anyone online, but regardless of how many people he annoys - Aussie is one of the main contributors here. His stirring helps to keep Ozpolitic alive. All the members have something to offer and this adds up to a busy forum. Once it becomes too exclusive it will stop attracting new members.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:13am

well said mantra......

we cant expect fd to be responsible for the lack of maturity in some of his members.....

its time the rest of us realised its US that keeps them going   when we respond to them.....

its time the grown ups  stop joining in and giving those who ruin thread after thread   air space....

I am giving it my best shot..

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #68 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:34am

Article I

Aussie??

Well Aussie's banned.

WTF? Again? What for?

The usual....flaming/trolling members & GMods/revealing bits n pieces of private PMs...all part n parcel of the everyday posting experience for Aussie.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #69 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:38am

mantra wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:11am:
You don't have to apologise to me Herbert - I know Aussie as well as anyone online, but regardless of how many people he annoys - Aussie is one of the main contributors here. His stirring helps to keep Ozpolitic alive. All the members have something to offer and this adds up to a busy forum. Once it becomes too exclusive it will stop attracting new members.

What a load of bovine faecal matter!

Who mentioned anything about Aussie being annoying???

It's the flaming/trolling of members & GMods/revealing bits n pieces of private PMs that Aussie CHOOSES to indulge in that gets him rightfully banned from OzPol.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #70 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:40am

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:34am:
Article I

Aussie??

Well Aussie's banned.

WTF? Again? What for?

The usual....flaming/trolling members & GMods/revealing bits n pieces of private PMs...all part n parcel of the everyday posting experience for Aussie.

Yes. I [delete] all my PM's weekly so as not to be tempted to use them against others via a bitter dumby-spit, etc.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #71 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:21pm

Article I

Aussie??

Gimme a few hours to consider.  Thanks for doing the 'hard' work!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print