Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Qld Coppers trigger happy? (Read 1688 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Qld Coppers trigger happy?
Reply #15 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:04pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:20pm:
John Smith wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:03pm:
nope. You go for anyone with a gun , especially a cop, armed with only a knife, and you're asking to get shot. Age isn't an excuse.

It's merely evolution at work

A pen knife, a sword, or something that "looked" like a knife, or a knife planted, etc.

Age and likely infirmity has a lot to do with it. If he ran at you from 10 metres away you could have a game of cards before he reached you, or at least sufficient time to draw your taser and not your gun.

Cops are trained in these situations.

you keep pretending he was ten meters away and he had a pen knife. Anyone stupid enough to charge a cop with a knife, any knife, deserves to be shot.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:57pm

as more info comes out, it looks like the cop was right to shoot him. His one mistake was in not aiming for the head. SHooting him in the shoulder could have meant he'd try to stab the police woman again .... luckily he didn't.

An officer who shot a man in his 70s was able to save his female colleague, who had been pinned to the ground as the man allegedly tried to stab her in the chest, the Queensland Police Union says.

He said the man tried to repeatedly stab the female officer while on the ground, but the knife was unable to pierce the police vest she was wearing.

"The vest isn't a tactical vest at all. It's just a light mesh to carry things on. It looks like it may have been hitting a buckle," Mr Barnes said.

A sergeant nearby, who is a part-time police firearms instructor, then fired one shot into the man's right shoulder.

"They wouldn't have gone anywhere near him if they'd known he had knives," Mr Barnes said.

"It's so lucky we didn't have a dead officer," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-11/woodridge-shooting-officer-pinned-down-uni...

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:04pm

Okay.....but I wanna see the video.  I do not trust these pricks one bit.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:28pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:45pm:
A 72 year old??

Even if he had a knife, as threats go, a trained plod should have been in control.

All uniformed plods I've seen had tasers. They shoot 4 metres I believe?

But why taser when you can shoot ya gun!
You seem to know a lot, how many armed assault incidents have you been in?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:04pm

oh look, the big mouth ran away.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #20 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 12:21pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:57pm:
as more info comes out, it looks like the cop was right to shoot him. His one mistake was in not aiming for the head. SHooting him in the shoulder could have meant he'd try to stab the police woman again .... luckily he didn't.

An officer who shot a man in his 70s was able to save his female colleague, who had been pinned to the ground as the man allegedly tried to stab her in the chest, the Queensland Police Union says.

He said the man tried to repeatedly stab the female officer while on the ground, but the knife was unable to pierce the police vest she was wearing.

"The vest isn't a tactical vest at all. It's just a light mesh to carry things on. It looks like it may have been hitting a buckle," Mr Barnes said.

A sergeant nearby, who is a part-time police firearms instructor, then fired one shot into the man's right shoulder.

"They wouldn't have gone anywhere near him if they'd known he had knives," Mr Barnes said.

"It's so lucky we didn't have a dead officer," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-11/woodridge-shooting-officer-pinned-down-uni...

Everyone who is trained to shoot people is trained to shoot the main body mass and keep shooting until the target goes down.

Head shots are not for moving targets or average marksmen

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #21 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:33pm

rhino wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:28pm:
A 72 year old??

Even if he had a knife, as threats go, a trained plod should have been in control.

Police are supposed to be trained to use escalating levels of force, where there is not an immediate threat of serious injury to themselves or the public, and they are supposedly both trained in the evaluation and response to such situations, and physically in self-defense, use of baton, taser, and gun etc.
Are you saying a kid armed with a stick deserves to be shot dead?

Are you saying because I've not experienced an armed assault, I'm not allowed to comment? Note: I've also not been trained. Cops are supposedly trained before the exposure to such situations.
So you're not allowed to comment on that which you have not experienced??
So if I've neither raped nor been raped I can't have an opinion on matters pertaining to rape?? ETC.
You display your limited intelligence by name calling.

Edit: I've just spent the last 20 mins googling similar situations in Britain. I could find no police deaths, and no offender deaths, in situations similar to the Qld one (tho I accept with more research some may become known).
How is it that British police or the offenders are not seriously injured or killed  in such confrontations, as seems all-too-often to happen in Australia??

As often the initial attending police are unarmed, I strongly suspect the British police have better training in the management of these situations. Similar situations, two very different outcomes.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:03pm by thecuriousmail »  

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 12:30am

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
A 72 year old??

Police are supposed to be trained to use escalating levels of force, where there is not an immediate threat of serious injury to themselves or the public, and they are supposedly both trained in the evaluation and response to such situations, and physically in self-defense, use of baton, taser, and gun etc.

Are you saying because I've not experienced an armed assault, I'm not allowed to comment? Note: I've also not been trained. Cops are supposedly trained before the exposure to such situations.
So if I've neither raped nor been raped I can't have an opinion on matters pertaining to rape?? ETC.

Edit: I've just spent the last 20 mins googling similar situations in Britain. I could find no police deaths, and no offender deaths, in situations similar to the Qld one (tho I accept with more research some may become known).
How is it that British police or the offenders are not seriously injured or killed  in such confrontations, as seems all-too-often to happen in Australia??

As often the initial attending police are unarmed, I strongly suspect the British police have better training in the management of these situations. Similar situations, two very different outcomes.
Police are trained to respond to deadly force with deadly force. why would you expect any different?

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #23 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 7:03am

rhino wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 12:30am:
A 72 year old??

Police are trained to respond to deadly force with deadly force. why would you expect any different?

Your comment is insightful again. Blah.

However,
From the Qld Police website:
•      Education/Employment Experience
o      You must have successfully completed Year 12 (or equivalent Senior Year), OR have three years of full-time paid employment (or the part-time equivalent) since leaving high school.

So, what is it to have "successfully completed Year 12??
To have attended and taken the subject. It is not an indication of any academic standard achieved (you may have taken the subject, but failed, yet you have successfully completed Year 12!).OR Left school before even the year 10 Junior Certificate, but have had 3 years full-time work at McDonalds, flipping burgers.
Seriously?? That's the minimum education requirements for the Qld Police Service??
Fitzgerald recommended that new police recruits undertake an undergraduate degree program. He made a number of recommendations to 'professionalize' the service. None implemented.
How many recommendations from the CCC August 1998 report "Policing Into The Future' have been implemented?
It's like the government wants dumb people as police officers.
Training can only go so far. Scenario: if the only person in a situation that is legally armed, has the power of arrest, and has to quickly evaluate the situation and respond appropriately, is actually the dumbest person there, are you confident they will make the best decision??
On the available evidence the cop who shot the 72 yo took the option all dumb people take. He used maximum force as a substitute for using his brain, and where clearly less than deadly options were available.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 10:23am

Johnnie wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
Aussie wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:37pm:
I don't know.

Link.

But......I really doubt that claim of 'no choice.'

How about ...... flee, Plod.  Run away!

Its a culture, Queensland has always been the police state, I remember when it was illegal to have a playboy magazine, a match box of dope was a death penalty.

There are more civilians shot by Police in NSW & Victoria than in QLD.

I'm 61 yrs old & I can tell you the majority of my life Playboys/Penthouse were not illegal ...Hustler may have been.

And the penalties for dope were no less in other states.

Penalties for dealing were the harshest.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 10:24am

John Smith wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:04pm:
thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:20pm:
John Smith wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:03pm:
nope. You go for anyone with a gun , especially a cop, armed with only a knife, and you're asking to get shot. Age isn't an excuse.

It's merely evolution at work

A pen knife, a sword, or something that "looked" like a knife, or a knife planted, etc.

Age and likely infirmity has a lot to do with it. If he ran at you from 10 metres away you could have a game of cards before he reached you, or at least sufficient time to draw your taser and not your gun.

Cops are trained in these situations.

you keep pretending he was ten meters away and he had a pen knife. Anyone stupid enough to charge a cop with a knife, any knife, deserves to be shot.

Agree 100%

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 10:41am

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 7:03am:
A 72 year old??

However,
o      You must have successfully completed Year 12 (or equivalent Senior Year), OR have three years of full-time paid employment (or the part-time equivalent) since leaving high school.

To have attended and taken the subject. It is not an indication of any academic standard achieved (you may have taken the subject, but failed, yet you have successfully completed Year 12!).OR Left school before even the year 10 Junior Certificate, but have had 3 years full-time work at McDonalds, flipping burgers.
Seriously?? That's the minimum education requirements for the Qld Police Service??
Fitzgerald recommended that new police recruits undertake an undergraduate degree program. He made a number of recommendations to 'professionalize' the service. None implemented.
How many recommendations from the CCC August 1998 report "Policing Into The Future' have been implemented?
Training can only go so far. Scenario: if the only person in a situation that is legally armed, has the power of arrest, and has to quickly evaluate the situation and respond appropriately, is actually the dumbest person there, are you confident they will make the best decision??
On the available evidence the cop who shot the 72 yo took the option all dumb people take. He used maximum force as a substitute for using his brain, and where clearly less than deadly options were available.
I see, so you are a wanna be copper , think you are clever, took the exam and failed. Now you have it in for coppers because you think you were smart and didnt make the grade. Newsflash, you didnt make it because of the stupidity you are displaying here, you really are not smart enough.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #27 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 10:47am

rhino wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 10:41am:
thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 7:03am:
A 72 year old??

However,

I see, so you are a wanna be copper , think you are clever, took the exam and failed. Now you have it in for coppers because you think you were smart and didnt make the grade. Newsflash, you didnt make it because of the stupidity you are displaying here, you really are not smart enough.

Wow mate!
Another of your insightful comments! So all you can take from my points is that I am some of kind of jilted applicant??
I do not pretend to understand your thinking!

I'll say it slow for you:
I swear to God, I never have previously , nor it is my intention to ever in the future, apply for service in any capacity in any police force  anywhere in the world.

And seriously, you should not throw about accusations of stupidity-- glass houses and all that.

« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:11am by thecuriousmail »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print