Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Qld Coppers trigger happy? (Read 1655 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Qld Coppers trigger happy?
Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:37pm

I don't know.

Link.

But......I really doubt that claim of 'no choice.'

How about ...... flee, Plod.  Run away!

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Re: Qld Coppers trigger happy?
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:45pm

A 72 year old??

Even if he had a knife, as threats go, a trained plod should have been in control.

All uniformed plods I've seen had tasers. They shoot 4 metres I believe?

But why taser when you can shoot ya gun!

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:46pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:37pm:
I don't know.

Link.

But......I really doubt that claim of 'no choice.'

How about ...... flee, Plod.  Run away!

Its a culture, Queensland has always been the police state, I remember when it was illegal to have a playboy magazine, a match box of dope was a death penalty.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:50pm

In Qld under Joh and the Nationals the police could get away with just about anything, provided they supported the government.

That unhealthy relationship between government and police has continued, tho not at the Joh level.

The most hated man by the qld police, even today (long memories), is Tony Fitzgerald.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:03pm

nope. You go for anyone with a gun , especially a cop, armed with only a knife, and you're asking to get shot. Age isn't an excuse.

It's merely evolution at work

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:04pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:50pm:
In Qld under Joh and the Nationals the police could get away with just about anything, provided they supported the government.

That unhealthy relationship between government and police has continued, tho not at the Joh level.

The most hated man by the qld police, even today (long memories), is Tony Fitzgerald.

I doubt there are any Qld coppers of that generation still around, but I am no more confident of the general honesty or integrity of Qld coppers than I ever was, and I am a young'n of the Fitzgerald 'generation.'  His offsider, Gary Crooke QC moved my admission as a Solicitor in December, 1973.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:12pm

Yes, not many pods left from the Fitzgerald era, but qld police culture remembers.

A friend of mine's son is in the police academy RIGHT NOW, and his comments are that the police were made a scapegoat by an ambitious and treacherous Fitzgerald. Where did he get this from?? He's early twenties.

Even his father says they start culture training early in the qld police force!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:19pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
Yes, not many pods left from the Fitzgerald era, but qld police culture remembers.

A friend of mine's son is in the police academy RIGHT NOW, and his comments are that the police were made a scapegoat by an ambitious and treacherous Fitzgerald. Where did he get this from?? He's early twenties.

Gee, that's a worry!  I wonder if that kid would swear an Affidavit to that effect.

If he would.....I sure have access to the people who could assist him......if he is fair dinkum.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:20pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:03pm:
nope. You go for anyone with a gun , especially a cop, armed with only a knife, and you're asking to get shot. Age isn't an excuse.

It's merely evolution at work

A pen knife, a sword, or something that "looked" like a knife, or a knife planted, etc.

Age and likely infirmity has a lot to do with it. If he ran at you from 10 metres away you could have a game of cards before he reached you, or at least sufficient time to draw your taser and not your gun.

Cops are trained in these situations.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:22pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:19pm:

Gee, that's a worry!  I wonder if that kid would swear an Affidavit to that effect.

If he would.....I sure have access to the people who could assist him......if he is fair dinkum.

That would be a very short police career!

And I'm at a loss as to which crime he might be able to corroborate.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:29pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:22pm:
Aussie wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:19pm:

That would be a very short police career!

And I'm at a loss as to which crime he might be able to corroborate.

100% correct.  But, if he is aware of anti-Fitzgerald bullshit being pumped into Cadets at the Academy.....he ought say so.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:35pm

You would be asking a kid to give up a lot, and risk much.

Why wouldn't you actually put someone in there?
Take a young cop from another state, do up the paperwork, and put him in the academy as a new recruit.
Then you'd find the answers.
But I'm really sure the police chiefs don't want to know, and the qld government sure doesn't want to know.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:41pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:35pm:
You would be asking a kid to give up a lot, and risk much.

Why wouldn't you actually put someone in there?
Take a young cop from another state, do up the paperwork, and put him in the academy as a new recruit.
Then you'd find the answers.
But I'm really sure the police chiefs don't want to know, and the qld government sure doesn't want to know.

Once you know of 'the joke' you become part of it.

I don't blame the young fella at all, but.....if he knows and says nothing.......well, it's not far from there to all out corruption.

If Qld Copper Leadership was keen to flush it out....no need for inter-state coverts.  He could put in his own.  I wonder if he ever has?

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:47pm

You wonder? I wonder too. I think the answer, given what the kid says, would be no.

More likely than the police commissioner, or the government, doing something like that, would be the CMC (or whatever it's called these days). Tho I'm sure they would say there are bigger priorities.
But I think such a thing should be done every 5 or 10 years.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:03pm

Culture within some groups is not something that is discussed openly, let alone getting to the point of affidavits, it is generally inbred and adhered to, if you want to get along that is.
Take an armored vest when visiting Queensland.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print