Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A looming crisis of Netanyahu’s own Making (Read 3195 times)
Lastone

Australian Politics

Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
A looming crisis of Netanyahu’s own Making
Sep 10th, 2017 at 2:45pm

After the war of June 1967 Israel found itself in control of much more areas of land. There were elements in Israel that always considered making land for peace deals but others had the dream of Eretz Israel. Netanyahu and the Likud party shared that dream.  The Israeli governments support for the settlement program was its way of ensuring a fete accompli to its illegal annexation.
With the land also came people and unlike 1948 when hundreds of thousands of Palestinians were ethnically cleansed, this time the world was watching. Fifty years later the Palestinians are still without a state and are still living under military occupation.

Israel has a population of 8.54 million. Comprising 6.4 Million 75% Jewish and 1.7 Million Arab Israelis 20%. Add to the Arab Israeli numbers the 4.4 million Palestinians in the occupied territories it makes a total of 6.1 million and looks at the possibility of population parity by the year 2020. In today’s terms within the territories that it controls there are 12.94 million People 6.4 million are Jewish 49.5% of the total 6.1 million are Palestinian or Arab 47% the remaining numbers being made up with Christians and others.
At this point Jews no longer have an absolute population majority. Fortunately for them the 4.4 million Palestinians in the occupied territories do not have the right to vote in the Elections for the government that controls their lives.

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/328404/palestinian-population-to-pass-jews...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-israel-the-demographic-issue-gains-resonance/

I have been a supporter of the two-state Solution for a long while. The possibility of that solution being fulfilled is revolving around an ever diminishing circle. The best being offered to the Palestinians at the moment is that of a fully dependant Bantustan.
I see only one peaceful option of the Palestinians ever getting an independent state of their own.
1.      The Palestinian Authority should resign and disband. This will automatically make Israel as the occupying power responsible for the care and well being of the Palestinians under occupation.
2.      The Palestinians under occupation should then demand the right to vote in Israeli elections
The Israeli Government would have these choices. Deny them the right to vote and thereby stop being the only democracy in the Middle East. Allow the right to vote and stop being a Jewish state.
Finally allow the Palestinians an independent state of their own

I am yet to see a trickle down lift anyone up

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: A looming crisis of Netanyahu’s own Making
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:15pm

Quote:
Fortunately for them the 4.4 million Palestinians in the occupied territories do not have the right to vote in the Elections for the government that controls their lives.

They could always try getting their own poo together and not expecting Israel to come to their rescue at the same time as calling for its demise.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:20pm

freediver wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
Quote:
Fortunately for them the 4.4 million Palestinians in the occupied territories do not have the right to vote in the Elections for the government that controls their lives.

They could always try getting their own poo together and not expecting Israel to come to their rescue at the same time as calling for its demise.

How should they do that Mr Freediver living in their gulag type enclosures, while Israel steal their land bit by bit?

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:51pm

It's a gulag because it is run by Muslims. If they had half a brain it would be just as nice as Israel. Israel took millions of refugees and immigrants from Europe and the middle east. Many came with nothing. Instead of spending the next several decades bitching and moaning and trying to steal it back, they got on with life, and created a beacon of freedom and democracy in one of the most hostile and oppressive places on earth. Meanwhile the Palestinians still poo on their own plates and blame someone else.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lastone

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:55pm

freediver wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:51pm:
It's a gulag because it is run by Muslims. If they had half a brain it would be just as nice as Israel. Israel took millions of refugees and immigrants from Europe and the middle east. Many came with nothing. Instead of spending the next several decades bitching and moaning and trying to steal it back, they got on with life, and created a beacon of freedom and democracy in one of the most hostile and oppressive places on earth. Meanwhile the Palestinians still poo on their own plates and blame someone else.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4912102,00.html

Quote:
Building permits, land ownership rights and a governmental enforcement policy have been combined three times recently in three different places—in Amona, Qalansawe and in Umm al-Hiran.

Let me address the first two cases. In a nutshell, this is what happened: In Amona, Jewish settlers built about 40 homes without a permit and on land owned by Palestinians who are claiming their property. The government has tried and is trying in every way not to demolish the homes and to at least find an alternative solution for the settlers. In Qalansawe, Israeli Arab citizens built 12 homes without a permit on private land owned by them. The homes were demolished.

Both cases involve Arabs’ private land. When it is robbed by Jews, the government seeks a way out although it looks almost impossible. When the construction is carried out by Israeli Arab citizens, and a solution can be simple and immediate, we don’t even see an attempt to find a way out.

Israel and the occupied territories are run by Muslims? Clearly you have no Idea what you are talking about.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 7:19pm

Now now, FD believes in Freeeeedom and self-determination.

Unless you're a Muslim.

IP Logged

Lastone

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:17pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 7:19pm:
Now now, FD believes in Freeeeedom and self-determination.

Unless you're a Muslim.

Some things are self evident Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Letitia Kemister

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:20pm

Indeed!

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:36pm

Is it Ok for Israel to steal their land Mr Freediver?

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:30pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:36pm:

FD doesn't do answers. Only questions, typically it'll be one question repeated ad nauseum no matter how many times his victim answers

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:46pm

Letitia Kemister wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:20pm:
Indeed!

Indeed what?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Could you explain who YOU think is stealing what from whom?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Letitia Kemister

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:08pm

That some things are self evident?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:16pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:30pm:

FD doesn't do answers. Only questions, typically it'll be one question repeated ad nauseum no matter how many times his victim answers

And there's tremendous amounts of this going on:

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:18pm

mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:16pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:30pm:

And there's tremendous amounts of this going on:

https://cdn.drawception.com/images/panels/2015/5-24/SYkxgq3nhN-2.png

if FD was in Japan he'd be an entree. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print