anyone know what it was about??????

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: Hells Kitchen
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:22am

You mean this show has finished?
Didn't see it except some ads I FFWD through.
I guess it was about slumming.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 9:57am

yes they have a winner... thankfully..

it was really strange..maybe its what goes on in real kitchens..I dunno...David Oldfield was a contestant he annoyed just about everyone....females in particular...and he was so bad in the final show    this is what he said to David Warners wife...

Quote:
According to Google, your greatest achievement was done in a toilet cubicle,” Oldfield told the ironwoman and wife of cricketer David Warner.

It was a shocking and cruel dig referencing a drunken sexual liaison between Warner and Bulldogs player Sonny Bill Williams which occurred in a pub toilet cubicle.

who says things like that on TV   only david oldfield   who seems to forget  pauline    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:38am

Anything goes these days cods

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:45am

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:38am:
Anything goes these days cods

she was at the other end of the table.....she probably asked to be as far away as possible.....I hope she beat him up afterwards...lolol

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:58am

I didn't watch it but I noticed the ads.  Who could miss the ads?    lol

Who won?  Anyone I have ever heard of?

I have been watching The Block   Smiley

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:11am

I watched the first few episodes, but became bored with the format.

I too have started watching The Block.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:16pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:58am:
I didn't watch it but I noticed the ads.  Who could miss the ads?    lol

Who won?  Anyone I have ever heard of?

I have been watching The Block   Smiley

Debra   I watch the block in the afternoon..

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 2:04pm

I had to Google it and I remember Debra Lawrence from years ago.   Never heard of Gary Beadle though but he apparently thinks the Aussie celebs weren't famous enough for the show to be popular.

Quote:
Beadle, who found international fame as a partyboy on MTV’s Geordie Shore, believes his co-stars were not famous enough to pull large audiences numbers.

The serial reality star said he believes producers should cast celebrities with bigger ­social media profiles.

“I don’t know how famous the rest of the cast are in Australia? I know I get online traction and online buzz when I’m on, but I don’t know how much the rest of the cast get,” said Beadle

Up himself or what?     Shocked

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 2:13pm

Oh look. Another female member. Black Orchid.
Shocked

I used to work in the StokeHouse down at St Kilda.
The British Chef was much like Gordon Ramsey ...but this was before Ramsey appeared on TV.
He would shout, blast us, etc. The customers could hear what was going on easily and the more he went off - the more people tried to get a table.
Some of us would shake, others start to cry. But he was good. I was the lowest ranked, so I think I was lucky that I was too 'beneath him' to be blasted. Mind you, I made sure I didn't take my magic ring of invisibility off to attract any attention.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 4:24pm

Chefs are notoriously temperamental and hysterical.   It's a male thing apparently just look around here    Cool

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:13pm

I actually thought Marco was quite funny in HK...he does have a sense of humour just have to dig it out....I bet he was a tough one when he was younger though..

I wonder what he would have said had he seen my cornish pasties today.... Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 1:41pm

I watched the block last night what the heck is going on   is scotty going to sack a couple?.... I have never seen that happen before....I am beginning to think some folks have been cheating..Jason and Sarah  have me worried   they just dont seem to do anything  yet always finish   have they been paying traddies to do everything... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes this is why they have run out of money.....doesnt it seem odd...everyone else is rushing around   and that pair are always staring into space.... waiting..

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 1:58pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
Chefs are notoriously temperamental and hysterical.   It's a male thing apparently just look around here    Cool

The British Chefs are very 'vocal'. The Scandinavian Chefs on the other hand talk little but really 'do' a lot.
Action speaks louder than words.
Latin food (Italian, Greek, Spanish & French) is the best though.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print