Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
L Plates for 15 years? (Read 704 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

L Plates for 15 years?
Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:24pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/revealed-bodyguard-singer-paulinis-sho...

The atrocious driving history of singer Paulini can be revealed after she pleaded guilty to bribing an RMS employee $850 for a fake licence which allowed her to drive illegally on NSW roads for a year.

The Australian Idol favourite and star of The Bodyguard musical has racked up 11 driving offences despite having ever only held a learner driver’s licence.

Today a Sydney court heard the singer hoped to obtain her full driver’s licence before she was sentenced for her corruption charge – despite having been caught three times driving on her L-plates without being accompanied by a qualified driver.
Court documents obtained by The Daily Telegraph also reveal she had been caught speeding twice, not displaying her L-plates three times and driving on a cancelled licence since she was first issued with a learner’s licence in 2002.

Her driving record reveals that she was caught speeding in a school zone just 10 days before gang squad detectives charged her with corruptly getting a fake licence.

According to a police statement of facts, Paulini had her learner’s licence taken away from her in March, 2016 after she was caught driving on her learner’s licence without a qualified driver or with her L-plates displayed.

The 34-year-old then got the contact details of corrupt RMS employee through her cousin Samuel Tawamacala.

But little did the singer realise that Vaifale was being looked at as part of an investigation into a series of shootings in Western Sydney involving Rebels and Finks bikies in early 2016.

Paulini texted Vaifale on July 6, 2016 and the pair came to agreement whereby $850 would be transferred into Vaifale’s bank account in exchange for a class C unrestricted driver’s licence.

According to the facts, Paulini then entered the Mount Druitt RMS centre on July 13 where she had her photograph taken and was then issued a fake licence.

Paulini, whose full name is Paulini Curuenavuli, sat in the courtroom today with her barrister Lisa-Claire Hutchinson - who entered a plea of guilty.

Ms Hutchinson then asked Magistrate Brian Van Zuylen for the matter to be adjourned to December so that Paulini could attend a traffic offender’s program and to lawfully obtain a driver’s licence before she is sentenced.

RAP SHEET
► 12/11/2002 — First issued a learner’s licence

► 16/4/2003 — Fined $123 for speeding under 15km/h

► 1/12/2004 — Fined $208 for speeding more than 15km/h

► 29/08/2007 — Fined $384 for driving on an expired licence

► 17/12/2009 — Fined $647 for driving on her learner’s licence unaccompanied by a qualified driver and fined $197 for not displaying L-plates.

► 8/12/2011 — Fined $206 for not displaying L-plates

12/6/2013 — Appeared in Liverpool Local Court for driving on her learner’s licence unaccompanied by a qualified driver and fined $300 and disqualified from driving for three months

► 19/2/2014 — Appeared in Bankstown Local Court for driving on a cancelled licence where she was fined $800 and disqualified from driving for 12 months.

► 13/1/2016 — Issued with a learner’s licence again

► 17/6/2016 — Fined $815 for driving on her learner’s licence unaccompanied by a qualified driver and fined $248 for not displaying L-plates.

► 13/7/2016 — Issued with a fraudulent Unrestricted Licence issued (Class C)

► 20/6/2017 — Fined $189 for speeding in a school zone

whats the betting she will get just another fine  hu hum...shes a sort of celeb isnt she?>..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: L Plates for 15 years?
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:35pm

« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2017 at 7:45pm by greggerypeccary »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 9:26am

thats  a tough question gweg   I cant answer that!

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:29pm

What a messed up state of affairs- such a truly terrible driving record and why did it take her so long to get her real license I wonder- getting a licensed driver can be a bit frustrating sometimes when you need to to go to out but that record is beyond a joke and then to corruptly obtain and fake license- it just gets better and better- but not for her- maybe she thought she was too celebrity to actually get done for it?

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 5:41am

Geez, and I thought my youngest son had a terrible driving record!

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 10:17am

Agnes wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
What a messed up state of affairs- such a truly terrible driving record and why did it take her so long to get her real license I wonder- getting a licensed driver can be a bit frustrating sometimes when you need to to go to out but that record is beyond a joke and then to corruptly obtain and fake license- it just gets better and better- but not for her- maybe she thought she was too celebrity to actually get done for it?

how long does it take to do a test.. 15 min.....

for her to pay for a licence I think there is more to this than we know about.....

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:22pm

I dont know but way beyond anything normal I have seen or expected- I lived in the bush when I got my license- so I reversed between 2 drums and that was it- got my license- but I dont consider myself  qualified to drive in a city so I dont- trams buses trains- you really dont need a license in the city

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:15pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
I dont know but way beyond anything normal I have seen or expected- I lived in the bush when I got my license- so I reversed between 2 drums and that was it- got my license- but I dont consider myself  qualified to drive in a city so I dont- trams buses trains- you really dont need a license in the city

maybe they should have licences for people who only drive in the bush....

what do you mean you dont need a licence in the city... you said that with jest I am sure..lolol..

one of my youngest daughters friend lived with me for years   I call her my adopted daughter   her real mum live in Port Hedland about 20 years ago  and she up and went there to get her licence...no traffic lights no roundabouts which Canberra is full of... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you have to admit  not one size fits all

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 10:52pm

cods wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:15pm:
Agnes wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:22pm:

maybe they should have licences for people who only drive in the bush....

what do you mean you dont need a licence in the city... you said that with jest I am sure..lolol..

one of my youngest daughters friend lived with me for years   I call her my adopted daughter   her real mum live in Port Hedland about 20 years ago  and she up and went there to get her licence...no traffic lights no roundabouts which Canberra is full of... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you have to admit  not one size fits all

No cods what I meant was- the driving requirements for the bush vs the city are vastly different- so I dont inflict my lack of experience on city traffic- should I go there to live and at one stage I might I will resit my test-

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print