Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Prawns have eyes sliced off (Read 25817 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Prawns have eyes sliced off
Reply #60 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:53pm

No. Violence works better.
See a guy belt a dog. Give him a whack.
Working in Poultry industry and see guys kick the chickens - give them a whacking.
Chinese guy asks me to kill rare species for him. It's a knife to the throat threateningly.
Boaties illegally fishing, its holes in their boats, etc.

Doing the cliché Lefty "Peace, love and moonbeams" does not work. The fact that Lefties have indeed become more violent - as seen in the USA recently just goes to show how 'repressed' and frustrated they are.
Such 'Protesters' have been man-handled quite violently and removed because they are just not taken seriously.
Even John Howard laughed at Old Growth Forest protesters when the Cops and Loggers moved in and 'forcibly' removed them.

You 'peace, love and moonbeamers' are a laugh. No-one takes you seriously.

"Stop" ..."or I'll say 'stop' again."  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:55pm

Preventing animal cruelty is not peace, love and mungbeans, dear. It's our duty as civilised humans.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:59pm

No JaSin. There have always been violent protestors on the left. There is nothing new. At every protest, action or demonstation i have ever been to over 20 years, there have been a small percentage of enthusiastic late teen and early-twenties with scarves around their muzzles and throwing stuff.

I was very enthusiastic myself at that age ... but my principles of non-violence saw me take it out on inanimate objects, like the overwhelming majority do and have always done.

But just like every fringe movement or activist expression, the violent enthusiastic ones get on the news. And the masses, unfortunately, apply the qualities of those few to the main.

They do it Muslims too. And feminists. And too many to mention others.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:01pm

And that's why you all fall short of success.

If you truly wish to save Animals, etc.
Then you will take 'every measure' to guarantee success.
Might is Right.
That's how Politics sees it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:02pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:01pm:

Might is Right.

Oh think we have become much more humane and conscious of sustainability over the last couple of decades, JaSin.

I, for example, was a freak when i was a teenager. I'm main-stream now.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:04pm

Might is Right.

We're discussing the industrial practice of blinding animals to make them breed more. How could anybody justify this?

You might. Anyone else who reads Mothra's article will be horrified.,

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:06pm

Yeah - those Shark Culling Protests really made head-way  Roll Eyes
Government just laughed at it all.
I see the nets are back in along NSW coast.

Mind you. Providing a better alternative goes a long way too. Until then, things just go along as they have been.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:09pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:04pm:

Might is Right.

We're discussing the industrial practice of blinding animals to make them breed more. How could anybody justify this?

I'm not justifying it.
I'm saying Protests & Petitions are a waste of time and just make people feel better about themselves having 'tried'.
If you don't like Prawns being eye-gauged, then go burn down the business and let it be an example to the rest.
Belt some of the workers. Bully their kids at school.
Make life hell for them.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:10pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:06pm:

Mind you. Providing a better alternative goes a long way too. Until then, things just go along as they have been.

Do ou think that as a result of those shark fin protests, awreness was raised? May have made the news evn?

Is that how you know about it?

Do you think anybody who found about it through that mechanism stopped eating shark fin soup? Or told someone else who won't eat shark fin soup anymore?

Someone may read your reference to sharkfin soup and be inspired to learn more about it and change their own practices.

And nobody gets hurt.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:11pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:10pm:
Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:06pm:

Do ou think that as a result of those shark fin protests, awreness was raised? May have made the news evn?

Is that how you know about it?

Do you think anybody who found about it through that mechanism stopped eating shark fin soup? Or told someone else who won't eat shark fin soup anymore?

Someone may read your reference to sharkfin soup and be inspired to learn more about it and change their own practices.

And nobody gets hurt.

Protests and Petitions are for Victims,
not Victors.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:11pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:09pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:04pm:

Might is Right.

I'm not justifying it.
I'm saying Protests & Petitions are a waste of time and just make people feel better about themselves having 'tried'.
If you don't like Prawns being eye-gauged, then go burn down the business and let it be an example to the rest.
Belt some of the workers. Bully their kids at school.
Make life hell for them.

Sorry JaSin. I've just seen too much policy change because of non-violent, grass-roots activism to even remotely agree with you.

In fact, violence sets processes back.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #71 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:13pm

hatman92 wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:49pm:
First of all.

Do prawns feel pain?

Putting how a human would feel on another animal is just stupid.

Anything with a nervous system feels pain.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:15pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 1:14pm:
Female prawns are having their eyes sliced open and cut off!

Prawn farms are performing a cruel procedure on live prawns to make them breed faster. Female prawns have their eye sliced open and squeezed out, or cut off with a heated blade — usually without any pain relief. This practice, called 'eyestalk ablation' happens in almost all prawn hatcheries around the world — including Australia.

A female prawn has a hormonal gland behind her eye that moderates reproduction, only allowing her to breed when conditions are suitable. The stressful and crowded conditions on farms can make prawns reluctant to reproduce. By cutting her eye, prawn farmers destroy the gland, forcing her into rapid sexual maturity.

Scientists have found that prawns who have their eye sliced open or cut off become disoriented, flick their tails (an escape reflex) and rub the traumatised area — all behaviours associated with pain.

Research has found that, given the right environment, female prawns will breed without having their eye cut off. One of Latin America's largest group of prawn farms, SeaJoy, has already phased out this gruesome procedure.

If you believe that all animals deserve compassion, send a message to the heads of the Australian Prawn Farmers Association and tell them to stop cutting eyes off prawns.

Sign the petition here:

https://secure.animalsaustralia.org/take_action/prawns-eyes-cut-off/

You're a fargin prawn.

How about you worrying about the imported prawns that have caused the outbreak of whitespot disease in QLD prawn farms costing people their livelihood & possibly bankrupting them.

And to the farmed asian green prawns that imported for nongs like you to eat that are pumped full of some chemical concoction to increase their size and weight?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #73 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:15pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
I, for example, was a freak when i was a teenager. I'm main-stream now.

Grin Grin Grin

So there's hope for Marla yet?!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #74 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 6:16pm

Gee Mothra. I could see you at Marathon telling the invading Persians that you have a Petition while holding a Protest Sign above your head. Yep that'll work  Roll Eyes

I love it when Park Rangers shoot Poachers dead in their tracks.
I can't agree with the 'Western' Hollywood/Media perception of getting kids dressed up as Pirates to show them that Piracy is a 'fun' thing.  Roll Eyes

Protests & Petitions are a 'political' avenue - which is ironic because Politics does not succeed at Conservation, rather - it has left open many a door for so much conservational damage over the century.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Send Topic Print