Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Prawns have eyes sliced off (Read 25811 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: Prawns have eyes sliced off
Reply #45 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:16pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:12pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 1:50pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
What does something need eyes for?

Good point, if they cut off both eyes. But again this is an appeal to emotion.

It's actually an appeal to ones sense of fairness and decency as a human being.

Exactly how i see it too, Herbie. Well put!

Anyone who has been circumcised unjustly should be signing this petition.  Smiley

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:20pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:16pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:12pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 1:50pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
What does something need eyes for?

Good point, if they cut off both eyes. But again this is an appeal to emotion.

It's actually an appeal to ones sense of fairness and decency as a human being.

All of which is emotional. So you agree with me.

Not ethical then. Well, certainly not from your perspective.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:32pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:16pm:
All of which is emotional. So you agree with me.

If those emotions are prompted by ones moral values and ability to empathise, then they are not emotions which have no substance or justification.

And frankly I think your little game has exhausted itself in terms or needing any more attention from either myself or Mothra.

Leave the little sod alone, Mothra, his trolling has run its course.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:04pm

rhino wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 2:39pm:
Pity the prawns. Just let the human children remain in abusive households getting molested and bashed, this is a prime example of Mothras lack of moral compass.

What?

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:49pm

First of all.

Do prawns feel pain?

Putting how a human would feel on another animal is just stupid.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:52pm

hatman92 wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:49pm:
First of all.

Do prawns feel pain?

Putting how a human would feel on another animal is just stupid.

Why on earth would you think for a moment that prawns don't feel pain?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:53pm

... or prefer having sight over not having sight?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:00pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 4:53pm:
... or prefer having sight over not having sight?

He's just having a Matty moment, Mother.

Thanks for the petition, by the way. It's these sorts of genuine problems and solutions that make a site like this site worth coming to again.

Otherwise, this site would just be a group w@nk for racists.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:17pm

You're welcome, Karnal. Thanks from me and the prawns for caring ... Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:35pm

For gods sake Mothra. You should know that emotion has no valid use when it comes to governing intellect.  Roll Eyes
Grin

We all know that kids who pull wings off flies end up in prisons for their cruel ways.

The over-populated nations deem it necessary to justify their irresponsible breedings by sustaining themselves in 'any' manner possible at the cost of everything else.
Even Prawns. Over-populated nations 'can't afford' to do things right - they are desperate.

Don't expect Politicians to know what's best for Conservation and animals. Where is a Nation that makes Conservation as its priority and can set a good example for every other Nation? There is none. So until then, animals will always be FREE GAME.

Petitions and Protests never achieve much success, especially here in OZ, where the Politicians have blatantly expressed on Radio that such will always just be ignored ('arrogantly'). The Liberals have already stated they will no longer fund any protective measures for animal species that are deemed of no 'constructive/productive' use - regardless how rare.

Mind you, remember when young and those chicks in the nightclubs who were 'blind' drunk were easy to score with?  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:39pm

JaSin, many rights for many people and animals have been won through public awareness and agitation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with requiring humaneness. I think it should be the least we do, don't you?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:39pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:35pm:
For gods sake Mothra. You should know that emotion has no valid use when it comes to governing intellect.  Roll Eyes
Grin

We all know that kids who pull wings off flies end up in prisons for their cruel ways.

The over-populated nations deem it necessary to justify their irresponsible breedings by sustaining themselves in 'any' manner possible at the cost of everything else.
Even Prawns. Over-populated nations 'can't afford' to do things right - they are desperate.

Don't expect Politicians to know what's best for Conservation and animals. Where is a Nation that makes Conservation as its priority and can set a good example for every other Nation? There is none. So until then, animals will always be FREE GAME.

Petitions and Protests never achieve much success, especially here in OZ, where the Politicians have blatantly expressed on Radio that such will always just be ignored ('arrogantly'). The Liberals have already stated they will no longer fund any protective measures for animal species that are deemed of no 'constructive/productive' use - regardless how rare.

Mind you, remember when young and those chicks in the nightclubs who were 'blind' drunk were easy to score with?  Cheesy

I've heard the opposite. I've heard governments take a lot of notice about petitions. Petitions have changed a good number of policies.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:40pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
JaSin, many rights for many people and animals have been won through public awareness and agitation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with requiring humaneness. I think it should be the least we do, don't you?

Hell no. Only violence works when it comes to protecting animals from my experience.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:42pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:39pm:

Hell no. Only violence works when it comes to protecting animals from my experience.

Well that's just not true, JaSin. The overwhelming majority of animal rights campaigners, activists and groups are non-violent.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:43pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 5:35pm:
Grin

I've heard the opposite. I've heard governments take a lot of notice about petitions. Petitions have changed a good number of policies.

Also effective are letters through snail mail. They are considered to represent a percentage of votes. I've forgotten that percentage however.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Send Topic Print