Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 
Send Topic Print
Prawns have eyes sliced off (Read 25803 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Prawns have eyes sliced off
Reply #300 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 11:46pm

freediver wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 9:16pm:
See how easy it is to give your opinion Mothra?

Not at all, FD. You just make it look easy.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #301 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 9:58am

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 2:38am:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:12am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 7:13pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:05am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 3:00am:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:38am:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:03am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 7:59am:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 7:14am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 12:55am:
Gordon wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 9:35pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 9:30pm:
That might explain why they still do it even if they have been dead for a few days. But still, could you look deep into the beady eyes of a crustacean and tell me it doesn't have feelings?

I wonder if prawns feels as much pain when theyre used as live bait as when they have their eyes sliced off?

Who uses prawns as live bait, Gordon?

People who go fishing with live prawns.

Who keeps aquariums on the wharf, Big Hole?

Why would anyone want or need to keep an aquarium on a wharf?

I suspect Karnal thinks prawns come from aquariums and fishermen come from wharves. If they want live bait, they just stop by the seafood buffet and ask to borrow the clownfish from the display.

If the article says whether prawns feel pain, why is no-one prepared to answer the question?

I suspect FD's pretending not to talk to me.

Can someone ask FD how fishermen keep prawns alive to fish with?

You truly are clueless aren't you. What a terrible existence you have had to not have fishing as one of your life skills.

In a boat they are kept in, surprisingly enough, a live bait tank and on land a live bait bucket.

And before you ask, they are caught in a cast net.

Thanks, Big Hole. How many fishermen actually catch prawns to use as live bait for hook and line fishing?

And where do they catch these prawns? Off a jetty? Out at sea?

You're right. I'm clueless That's why I'm asking.

FD won't say.

How many fkk knows, about a third of the blokes, I know live bait.

You can cast off a jetty or as boat.

Mate, take up fishing, it is relaxing and excite depending on what your  hook is doing.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

I know about live bait (little fishes or worms). We're discussing live prawns.

All of the blokes I know buy them frozen from the petrol station.

And?

Do they cast or drag bait nets where it is easy to catch live prawns along with sardines and poddy mullet.

What is with the fixation, it isn't that important of a subject, what is your little pea sized brain struggling with?

The fact that prawn schools only come out at night, and you need a light to attract them with.

Now enough's enough. I'm willing to bet no one uses live prawns as bait. Which of you bottom-feeders wants to take me on?

Don't answer too quickly, Big Hole.

You're already wrong .... why go on?

People use live shrimp & prawns as bait.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #302 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:04am

Live prawns are great bait. I use them. Guilty as charged.
How much was the bet for?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #303 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:27am

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 6:34pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 6:17pm:
Yes, Matty, but what would you call a cult who goes out hunting for prawns with torches in the dark of night, solely to use them as live bait during the day? What would you call a cult who places these creatures live on hooks so that their torturous death throws attract larger fish?

The Sustainability Party?

You truly have no understanding about fishing do you?   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Spend less time with your sodomy fixation and pick up fkken fishing rod for fkk sake.

You're right,  Big Hole, I've already said that.

Now you tell me one example of someone who catches and keeps prawns alive to use as live bait. One will do. FD doesn't know any.

You?

Umm me, my brothers, about half the people I fish with.

What the fkk is wrong with your wiring that you cannot, under any circumstance, believe that prawns can be caught during the day, in estuaries, and onshore with cast and drag nets, to be then used for fishing as live bait.

You are truly one fkked up little unit.  Grin Grin Grin

5 Yet another way to rig a shrimp for basic casting and drift-fishing is to run the hook through the tip of the tail, either crosswise or up through the center of the tail. The latter keeps the hook point clear of bottom snags. Many experts prefer this method because it allows the shrimp to kick freely and puts the hook in a good position for striking when a game fish eats the bait head-first. The tail fan can be left on, or removed to provide additional scent.

http://www.georgepoveromo.com/content.php?pid=33

Prawns as Bait

Australia’s favorite bait the humble prawn is one of the best baits available they fairly easy to catch and always available from your local bait and tackle shop. Whether they are live, fresh, frozen or cooked prawns are usually taken by the first fish that passes. Bream, Whiting, Flathead, Sweetlip and Snapper find them irresistible.

Drag Netting
Drag Netting is easy and also the most productive way to catch a lot of prawns basically designed to be used by two people the net has fine mesh with floats on the top and lead weights on the bottom and also a pocket in the center to trap the catch. Working the net over sand banks or weed beds on the run out tide is best. Before you use a drag net check with your state’s fisheries as all Australian states have different regulations for drag nets.

Cast Nets

Cast nets are also a productive way to catch prawns there is a small learning curve involved with using a cast net so be sure to purchase it from a bait and tackle shop where you will be shown how to correctly throw one. Cast nets a more versatile than other nets as they can be used from jetties, boats and areas like deep mangrove creeks to catch prawns. When Banana prawns run in SE Queensland it is a common to see many boats grouped together cast large cast nets and taking large hauls of prawns with just a few good casts. As with any netting check your State fisheries before prawning.

http://www.fishingaustralia.com.au/prawns-and-prawning

Five minutes and a google search

« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:34am by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #304 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:42pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:27am:
Yes, Matty, but what would you call a cult who goes out hunting for prawns with torches in the dark of night, solely to use them as live bait during the day? What would you call a cult who places these creatures live on hooks so that their torturous death throws attract larger fish?

You truly have no understanding about fishing do you?   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Spend less time with your sodomy fixation and pick up fkken fishing rod for fkk sake.

Now you tell me one example of someone who catches and keeps prawns alive to use as live bait. One will do. FD doesn't know any.

You?

What the fkk is wrong with your wiring that you cannot, under any circumstance, believe that prawns can be caught during the day, in estuaries, and onshore with cast and drag nets, to be then used for fishing as live bait.

5 Yet another way to rig a shrimp for basic casting and drift-fishing is to run the hook through the tip of the tail, either crosswise or up through the center of the tail. The latter keeps the hook point clear of bottom snags. Many experts prefer this method because it allows the shrimp to kick freely and puts the hook in a good position for striking when a game fish eats the bait head-first. The tail fan can be left on, or removed to provide additional scent.

Prawns as Bait

Australia’s favorite bait the humble prawn is one of the best baits available they fairly easy to catch and always available from your local bait and tackle shop. Whether they are live, fresh, frozen or cooked prawns are usually taken by the first fish that passes. Bream, Whiting, Flathead, Sweetlip and Snapper find them irresistible.

Drag Netting
Drag Netting is easy and also the most productive way to catch a lot of prawns basically designed to be used by two people the net has fine mesh with floats on the top and lead weights on the bottom and also a pocket in the center to trap the catch. Working the net over sand banks or weed beds on the run out tide is best. Before you use a drag net check with your state’s fisheries as all Australian states have different regulations for drag nets.

Cast Nets

Cast nets are also a productive way to catch prawns there is a small learning curve involved with using a cast net so be sure to purchase it from a bait and tackle shop where you will be shown how to correctly throw one. Cast nets a more versatile than other nets as they can be used from jetties, boats and areas like deep mangrove creeks to catch prawns. When Banana prawns run in SE Queensland it is a common to see many boats grouped together cast large cast nets and taking large hauls of prawns with just a few good casts. As with any netting check your State fisheries before prawning.

Good work, Big Hole. You've finally provided an answer.

Now why squirm for so long when it just takes a 5 minute Google search?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #305 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:54pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
Aussie wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:59pm:
Dunno.

You do realise that your avatar depicts you as a skinny legged, no balls, puffed up chest and the dumbest looking face nobody would own, don't ya?

No, he doesn't realise. He dimply imagines that a golf playing cane toad is signalling his suave, urbane sophistication - it's golf, after all.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #306 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:00pm

Frank wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:54pm:
Dunno.

You do realise that your avatar depicts you as a skinny legged, no balls, puffed up chest and the dumbest looking face nobody would own, don't ya?

No, he doesn't realise. He dimply imagines that a golf playing cane toad is signalling his suave, urbane sophistication - it's golf, after all.

And here I was thinking you did not care, Sore End.  Cheers!

Kiss

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #307 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:17pm

Hey Aussie, tell us all the things you've done to cane toads again  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #308 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 9:44pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:00pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:54pm:
Dunno.

And here I was thinking you did not care, Sore End.  Cheers!

Kiss

Care? Who cares for incomprehending, golfing cane toads with zero self-awareness and the laughable self-regard of a third-grade milk monitor with a badge?
Mothra, probably. But only if their eyes are cut out.  Being blind to all about you, I think you'll  qualify.j

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #309 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 9:48pm

Quote:
Care? Who cares for incomprehending, golfing cane toads with zero self-awareness and the laughable self-regard of a third-grade milk monitor?
Mothra, probably. But only if their eyes are cut out.  Being blind to all about you, I think you'll  qualify.

Oh, come orn, Sore End, you love it, yeas?  Or perhaps you fear it.  I'm not sure which.  Whatever, I've had that avatar for about 15 years so I guess I'll keep it.

I do hope it really pizzes you orf.

Love and kisses,

Aussie.

PS:

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #310 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 9:55pm

You still wake up sometimes, don't you?

Wake up in the dark

and hear the screaming of the toads ?

Yes.

And you think, if you save poor prawns, you could make them stop, don't you?

You think if prawn lives,

you won't wake up in the dark ever again

to that awful screaming of the toads.

I don't know.

I don't know.

Thank you, Aussie.

IBI

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #311 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:05pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 9:48pm:
Quote:
Care? Who cares for incomprehending, golfing cane toads with zero self-awareness and the laughable self-regard of a third-grade milk monitor?
Mothra, probably. But only if their eyes are cut out.  Being blind to all about you, I think you'll  qualify.

Oh, come orn, Sore End, you love it, yeas?  Or perhaps you fear it.  I'm not sure which.  Whatever, I've had that avatar for about 15 years so I guess I'll keep it.

Love and kisses,

Aussie.

PS:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/Aussie_avatar.jpg

Laughing AT you, not near you, toad.  Keep trying to be funny, its amusing in ways you have been evidently oblivious to.
For 15 years and counting.

As you were.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #312 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:13pm

Frank wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
Quote:

Love and kisses,

Aussie.

PS:

Laughing AT you, not near you, toad.  Keep trying to be funny, its amusing in ways you have been evidently oblivious to.

As you were.

Huh???  That's it?  The best you have?

How unsurprisingly disappointing.

Kiss

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #313 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 12:18pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:27am:

You?

Prawns as Bait

Drag Netting

Cast Nets

Good work, Big Hole. You've finally provided an answer.

Now why squirm for so long when it just takes a 5 minute Google search?

I keep forgetting just how fkken stupid you are and your inability to do your own basic research.

I try to not overuse this, but you are kicked in the head by a fkken mule stupid.

Now remember Im not your mummy, I have no obligation to spoon feed you, if I want to answer I will, if I think an answer is wasted on a fkked up cretin like you, then I won't.

Understand how it works now?  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #314 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 1:01pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
Quote:

Love and kisses,

Aussie.

PS:

As you were.

Huh???  That's it?  The best you have?

How unsurprisingly disappointing.

Kiss

Better than yours it would seem........In fact very accurate......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 
Send Topic Print