Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Getting On (Read 407 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Getting On
Sep 4th, 2017 at 7:33am

Hilarious DVD sitcom set about a dysfunctional ward in a UK NHS hospital ward.
Only watched the first episode so far. If the rest are as funny I'm going to need hospital treatment myself for abdominal pain.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Re: Getting On
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 7:49am

Should be.compulsory viewing for health workers.

I wonder where they get all these actors who appear to be old & dying for the bit parts. There must be a special casting agency, maybe called Hanging In There.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 8:35pm

Ep 2 will have you p****ng yourself laughing.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 7:32am

I see this show won the UK equivalent of the Emmy's for a comedy program.
Well, it is comedy for the most part but sometimes very black. In fact it leaves you a bit stunned and drained at times at the reality. Other times you think you're in a world created by Kafka or Orwell.

The three lead characters also wrote it and there is a 3rd season.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 10:42am

Working in Hospitals is a blast.
So much funny thrown around.
As Readers Digest had as a section: Laughter is the best Medicine.

My favourite line when wheeling patients in for the Prostate Doctors and they mention the 'finger'. "Better here than in a Prison." Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print