Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
not all profess to be atheists (Read 1940 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
not all profess to be atheists
Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:05pm

In our societies [in the West], circa 2017, not all profess to be atheists.

In the very highest echelons of our societies [in the West], circa 2017,
we still see many people [e.g. many of whom are politicians - who colloquially, are the 'princes' and the 'priests' of our age] who publicly account themselves as being Christians, and as being church goers, and as being believers in a real and living God.

And we hear many of those same persons will claim, that we [both moslems and Christians] all worship the same God.

And, they tell us all, that the God of ISLAM and the God of Christianity [and the God of Jewish people] is the same God!

And if you too account yourself as a person of faith, perhaps you believe that too.

How very 'ecumenical' of you!

Q.
Did God [the God of the bible] ever declare that he would 'join himself' to all religions, or, to the peoples of those religions ?

"You only have I known of all the families of the earth..."

"For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure."

Pity those, who are not, 'Israel'.   !!

To those people who account themselves, as being 'Israel', our God say's.....

Isaiah 43:3
For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour....

Isaiah 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

We all worship the same God ?

Google;
a different god allah

Google;
allah another god

IMAGE....

Pope John Paul II kisses the Koran

This, is what Pope JPII is kissing....

--------- >

"...Allah's curse be on them: [Christians]"

Koran 9.30, 31

The Koran declares;

that a moslem who murders an enemy of Allah [e.g. a Christian], is a good and virtuous person who will enjoy 'Paradise' when he dies,
    all Christians are cursed by Allah,
    all Christians are the enemy of Allah,
    that Jesus was not God's son, and has no divinity,
    that Jesus was not crucified [moslems claim that Judas, or another person, was Jesus 'stand in' at the crucifixion],
    that Jesus did not die, and was not resurrected...
    that Jesus is not the messiah, the redeemer [of all mankind]...

IN THE KORAN.....

" "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;- "
Koran 4.157-159

"....we [both moslems and Christians] all worship the same God."

James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12:47
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: not all profess to be atheists
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:21pm

There is ONE God.

If i worship a man [Jesus]...

Did father Abraham worship a man too ?

Because the Bible records that the LORD God appeared as a man [with two companions], to [biblical] Abraham...

Genesis 18:1
And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2  And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3  And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
5  And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
6  And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
7  And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
8  And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

Did God have his feet washed with Abraham's water, and did God eat the food of men ?

Not Shirk.

One God.

A God who is incomprehensible to human understanding.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit:...

John 14:8
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:36pm

There is only one God. That is not philosophy, its dogma.

Yadda insists on using the Philosophy Forum as a pulpit from which to preach his dark-age superstition and non-verifiable mumbo jumbo. I call on the moderators to do what they are so fond of doing in busier categories and move this thread to a more suitable location, "Spirituality."

It will be more appreciated there, due to the high percentage of fruit-cakes, wackos and Jonestown Koolaid drinkers.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:54pm

Philosophy is the understanding of the World.
Even the understanding of Religion as like a Topic, brings understanding of the Forum as a whole.

As for Atheists?
Well besides being black-skivy, celebrity & science cultured.
They really are just ANTI-religion, that's all.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 1:26pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:36pm:

Yadda insists on using the Philosophy Forum as a pulpit from which to preach his dark-age superstition and non-verifiable mumbo jumbo.....

Dictionary;
philosophy = =
1 the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.        a set of theories of a particular philosopher.
2 the study of the theoretical basis of a branch of knowledge or experience.
3 a theory or attitude that guides one’s behaviour.

Q.
In a non-religious sense,          why do many men(1) [in this age] object to other persons(2) professing a philosophy which they(1) reject or have rejected ?

Surely if they(1) have rejected a specific philosophy, belief, or hypothesis, then that is what they(1) believe.

But why should some people(1) [in this age] so 'violently'** object to other persons(2) holding differing beliefs, from themselves(1), [about the nature of reality and the nature of the observed 'universe'] ?

** i suggested; " 'violently' object"   e.g. according to 'issuevoter', another person should not be permitted to express their views or beliefs in this board, if those views or beliefs are absurd, according to the person known as 'issuevoter'.

That 'intellectual position' appears to be, intellectually, very contrary to notion of the rigour, which supposedly is the basis of scientific method, of open examination and investigation of all things.

I know next to nothing, about the area of quantum physics,
but those who are studiously examining the 'area' of quantum physics have proposed that it is possible for particles (of light, and electrons) to be in two places, at the same time.

Quote:

"These two physicists got the Prize for doing experiments once thought to be impossible,

i.e. studying single atoms and single photons (particles of light).

They proved the correctness of the        bizarre       properties of quantum mechanics,

i.e. that electrons can be two places at the same time."

What!!!

Particles (electrons, and photons, particles of light) can be in two places, at the same time ?

That suggestion is, is, is,        just absurd !

I refuse to entertain such an idea!!!!!!

And i certainly don't want to see anyone posting that tosh and nonsense, here on OzPol !!

And certainly not on the Philosophy Forum !!!!!

John 8:32
....ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

A 'SCIENTIFIC' PROPOSITION, by Yadda....

It is clear, that in this modern, scientific, and technological age,
that some that many people(1)         hate even the suggestion or the 'idea' of any intellectual enquiry,
which may produce an examine-able 'hypothesis' [whose precepts] with which they(1) violently disagree.

We live in an age, when we are surrounded by so many wanna-be tyrants, wanna-be murderers and small minded bigots.

Dictionary;
bigot = =
a person who is prejudiced in their views and intolerant of the opinions of others.

n.b.
Bigots, are those people who are,
".....intolerant of the opinions of others."

« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2017 at 1:33pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 10:36am

Yadda wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:21pm:
There is ONE God.

Incorrect.
If you look at all the numerous cultures and religions over the course of human history there were many thousands of Gods that were worshiped.
As an atheist, I simply believe in one less of them than you do

Out of the thousands of cultures and religions over human history, why are you so arrogant as to assume that your God is the only right one?

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 10:50am

Yadda wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:21pm:
There is ONE God.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print