Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Section 8 of 1996 firearms act,idiotic legislation (Read 6586 times)
Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Section 8 of 1996 firearms act,idiotic legislation
Sep 1st, 2017 at 11:02pm

Quote:
Firearms Act 1996 No 46
Current version for 7 July 2017 to date (accessed 1 September 2017 at 22:44)
Part 2  Division 2  Section 8

8   Licence categories and authority conferred by licence

Firearms dealer licence
Firearms to which the licence applies:
•  the kinds of firearms specified in the licence.
Authority conferred by the licence:
In the case of a firearms dealer other than a club armourer or a theatrical armourer, authorises the licensee and (subject to the conditions of the licence and the regulations):
(a)  employees or directors of the corporation specified in the licence, or
(b)  employees of the partnership so specified, or
(c)  employees of the individual so specified,
who are eligible to be issued with a licence and who are authorised in writing by the Commissioner, to possess, manufacture, convert, acquire, supply, repair, maintain or test, in the course of carrying on the business of a firearms dealer, and only at the premises specified in the licence,
any firearm to which the licence applies, and to possess, manufacture, acquire or supply ammunition for those firearms.
https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/act/1996/46/part2/div2/sec8

As this idiotic legislation states a licensed firearm owner cannot even clean their gun barrels as only a licensed firearm dealer can do that.
A licensed firearm owner cannot maintain their firearms they have to take it to a licensed firearm dealer and pay them to do it.

If your rifle has an adjustable trigger you cannot adjust it even though the owners manual shows you how to do it you must take it to a licensed firearm dealer for this simple procedure.

The way this legislation is written means any firearm owner who does simple tasks to maintain their firearm or add things like soft pads on the stock to reduce felt recoil are breaking the law.

Do you think licensed firearm owners should be allowed to clean their barrels from copper and gunpowder residue or should they take their guns to a dealer for this simple task?

Is this an example of what people are proud with our gun laws when firearm owners cannot legally maintain their firearms and must take it to a firearm dealer for simple tasks like cleaning?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Section 8 of 1996 firearms act,idiotic legislation
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 3:40pm

Oh, poor, poor, little tirearms owners.  Tsk, tsk.  Having to obey the law...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 3:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 3:40pm:
Oh, poor, poor, little tirearms owners.  Tsk, tsk.  Having to obey the law...    Roll Eyes

*firearms

And even a numpty like you would have to agree, not a lot of thought went into that faecal heap of legislation.

But you are anti-everything to do with firearms, so you may embrace the stupid.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 5:52pm

It's technically illegal for a farmer to stick a cleaning rod down the barrel of his firearms.

Before 1996 there was never any problems with firearm owners sticking a cleaning rod in the barrels of their firearms.

I guess you are happy to force farmers to take their guns by car to a firearms dealer to clean their barrels when this wasn't a problem before 1996 gun laws.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:16pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 5:52pm:

It's technically illegal for a farmer to stick a cleaning rod down the barrel of his firearms.

Before 1996 there was never any problems with firearm owners sticking a cleaning rod in the barrels of their firearms.

I guess you are happy to force farmers to take their guns by car to a firearms dealer to clean their barrels when this wasn't a problem before 1996 gun laws.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Mr Rort, are you saying that it is illegal for a licensed gun owner to clean his own gun at home?

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:47pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:16pm:

Mr Rort, are you saying that it is illegal for a licensed gun owner to clean his own gun at home?

I don't see anything that says this.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 7:03pm

Alinta wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:47pm:

Neither would anyone....hence my question.  Mr Rort?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:16pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 3:59pm:

*firearms

And even a numpty like you would have to agree, not a lot of thought went into that faecal heap of legislation.

No, I am in favour of sensible firearms legislation which prevents people like Martin Bryant, Julian Knight and Baronvert getting their hands on weapons they are ill inclined to use against their fellow Australians.   I do not believe that semi-automatic long arms, pump action shotguns, etc. are necessary for the so-called "sport" of hunting.

You seem to think that being opposed to wild-west mentality firearms ownership which most gun nuts appear to be in favour of is wrong.   I wonder why?  I wonder why, indeed.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:18pm

That is your interpretation of the legislation, Baron.  Doesn't appear to be the interpretation that the DPP is placing on the legislation.  I suggest you grow up and stop being a silly bugger.  You need to learn some sense but that is something many gun nuts appear rather lacking in, now isn't it?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:35pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 7:03pm:

Arsie claims to be a lawyer yet he drives taxis so not surprised he missed it.

Did you see this-
Quote:
Category A licence
The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered firearm of the kind to which the licence applies, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm.

Category B licence
The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered firearm of the kind to which the licence applies, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm

Category C licence (prohibited except for limited purposes)
Authorises the licensee (and any employee of the licensee who is eligible to be issued with a licence and who is authorised by the Commissioner in writing, but only while carrying out duties in connection with the licensee’s farming or grazing activities) to possess or use:

Category D licence (prohibited except for official purposes)
The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered firearm to which the licence applies, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm

Category H licence (pistols)
The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered pistol, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for having the licence.

Firearms dealer licence
a)  employees or directors of the corporation specified in the licence, or
who are eligible to be issued with a licence and who are authorised in writing by the Commissioner, to possess, manufacture, convert, acquire, supply, repair, maintain or test, in the course of carrying on the business of a firearms dealer, and only at the premises specified in the licence, any firearm to which the licence applies, and to possess, manufacture, acquire or supply ammunition for those firearms.

Cleaning a gun barrel would come under maintain the only people authorised to do this under the 1996 firearms act are those who have a firearms dealer license.

The firearms act makes it very clear a Cat A/B/C/D/H license holder cannot clean or maintain their guns they are only authorised to possess or use their firearms, only licensed firearm dealers can maintain firearms which cleaning is one part of maintenance

What makes a firearm dealer so special with cleaning to maintain a firearm there are no recognised gunsmithing qualifications in Australia or NZ?

A paintball venue has been shut down in NSW because the owner of the venue did his own maintenance work on paintball guns, he did not have a Firearms dealer license so he violated section 8 of the 1996 firearms act.  Undecided

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:38pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:18pm:

That is your interpretation of the legislation, Baron.  Doesn't appear to be the interpretation that the DPP is placing on the legislation.  I suggest you grow up and stop being a silly bugger.  You need to learn some sense but that is something many gun nuts appear rather lacking in, now isn't it?   Roll Eyes

A paintball venue was shut down because the owner did his own maintenance work on paintball guns he did not have a firearms dealer license.

It's not my interpretation it is the law as it is written.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 4:50am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:16pm:

*firearms

No, I am in favour of sensible firearms legislation which prevents people like Martin Bryant, Julian Knight and Baronvert getting their hands on weapons they are ill inclined to use against their fellow Australians.   I do not believe that semi-automatic long arms, pump action shotguns, etc. are necessary for the so-called "sport" of hunting.

You seem to think that being opposed to wild-west mentality firearms ownership which most gun nuts appear to be in favour of is wrong.   I wonder why?  I wonder why, indeed.   Roll Eyes

As we all are, this is definitely not it. So why the initial reply from you?

Your second reply isn't much better, based more on your own imagination rather that what was written here, by me or anyone else.

No wonder you are treated with such contempt by other here and I seriously starting to doubt your education claims if this is the standard of your comprehension skills.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 10:25pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:38pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:18pm:

A paintball venue was shut down because the owner did his own maintenance work on paintball guns he did not have a firearms dealer license.

It's not my interpretation it is the law as it is written.

Really?  How about a link which backs your claims, Baron?  I don't doubt it might be possible but personally, I suspect it is unlikely.  More likely the paint ball venue owner was doing something naughty.

Now, if your interpretation is correct, it looks like happy time indeed for the Police.    I expect you to hand yourself and your firearms over to the constabulary ASAP - after all you claim to be a legal firearms owner...  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 10:28pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 4:50am:

*firearms

Your second reply isn't much better, based more on your own imagination rather that what was written here, by me or anyone else.

No wonder you are treated with such contempt by other here and I seriously starting to doubt your education claims if this is the standard of your comprehension skills.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Bigol64, you're a fool and it shows.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 10:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 10:28pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 4:50am:

*firearms

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Bigol64, you're a fool and it shows.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

?!%$#×+** - you are alive!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #15 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 9:44am

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:35pm:

Did you see this-
Quote:
Category A licence
The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered firearm of the kind to which the licence applies, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm.

Category B licence
The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered firearm of the kind to which the licence applies, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm

Authorises the licensee (and any employee of the licensee who is eligible to be issued with a licence and who is authorised by the Commissioner in writing, but only while carrying out duties in connection with the licensee’s farming or grazing activities) to possess or use:

The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered firearm to which the licence applies, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm

The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered pistol, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for having the licence.

Firearms dealer licence
who are eligible to be issued with a licence and who are authorised in writing by the Commissioner, to possess, manufacture, convert, acquire, supply, repair, maintain or test, in the course of carrying on the business of a firearms dealer, and only at the premises specified in the licence, any firearm to which the licence applies, and to possess, manufacture, acquire or supply ammunition for those firearms.

Cleaning a gun barrel would come under maintain the only people authorised to do this under the 1996 firearms act are those who have a firearms dealer license.

The firearms act makes it very clear a Cat A/B/C/D/H license holder cannot clean or maintain their guns they are only authorised to possess or use their firearms, only licensed firearm dealers can maintain firearms which cleaning is one part of maintenance

What makes a firearm dealer so special with cleaning to maintain a firearm there are no recognised gunsmithing qualifications in Australia or NZ?

A paintball venue has been shut down in NSW because the owner of the venue did his own maintenance work on paintball guns, he did not have a Firearms dealer license so he violated section 8 of the 1996 firearms act.  Undecided

You've left sdomething out there...in the course of carrying on the business of a firearms dealer,

In other words, theres nothing to stop anyone cleaning their firearm as long as they are not planning on selliing it as a firearms dealer.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 3:58pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 9:44am:
Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:35pm:

Did you see this-
Quote:
Category A licence

Category B licence

Firearms dealer licence

You've left sdomething out there...in the course of carrying on the business of a firearms dealer,

In other words, theres nothing to stop anyone cleaning their firearm as long as they are not planning on selliing it as a firearms dealer.

The A/B/C/D/H license holders only have authority to possess and use their firearms, the only people allowed to maintain (clean) firearms are those with firearm dealers license.

Our 1996 gun laws mean farmers cannot stick a cleaning rod down the barrel of their firearms which is something they could do before our 1996 gun laws.

The Shooters Fishers and Farmers party have 8 members elected by the Australian people, with nearly 2 million firearm license holders shooters have some politicians they can vote for.  Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:07pm

There is no point me pointing out your blindingly obvious error and complete mis-understanding.  I'm only as bloke who claims to be a retired Lawyer and who drives taxis.

Carry on Mr Rort.  You know best.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:10pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
There is no point me pointing out your blindingly obvious error and complete mis-understanding.  I'm only as bloke who claims to be a retired Lawyer and who drives taxis.

Carry on Mr Rort.  You know best.

There is no error from me on this, it was pointed out to me by a lawyer who also has a firearm license.

A paintball venue was closed down over the owner doing work to maintain paintball guns.

None of the lawyers I know have any intention of being involved with taxis unless it's to get a lift back from airports when they go on holidays.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:24pm

So, he told you a fire-arms dealer was entitled to clean weapons.  Ripper.  Where does it say that ONLY a firearms dealer may clean weapons?

Did he have the slightest concept of what activity is included within the meaning of the term possessing - using a firearm?  For example...is a person licensed to possess/use a firearm entitled to discharge it at his farm?

Did he turn his mind to the question of whether a person licensed to possess/use might legally be able to blow a speck of dust off the firearm?

Etc etc.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #20 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:24pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 3:58pm:
[

The A/B/C/D/H license holders only have authority to possess and use their firearms, the only people allowed to maintain (clean) firearms are those with firearm dealers license.

Our 1996 gun laws mean farmers cannot stick a cleaning rod down the barrel of their firearms which is something they could do before our 1996 gun laws.

The Shooters Fishers and Farmers party have 8 members elected by the Australian people, with nearly 2 million firearm license holders shooters have some politicians they can vote for.  Smiley

Australia's gun laws are the gun laws you end up with when hysterical anti-gun fkkwits get to write the legislation they want.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:37pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
So, he told you a fire-arms dealer was entitled to clean weapons.  Ripper.  Where does it say that ONLY a firearms dealer may clean weapons?

Did he have the slightest concept of what activity is included within the meaning of the term possessing - using a firearm?  For example...is a person licensed to possess/use a firearm entitled to discharge it at his farm?

Did he turn his mind to the question of whether a person licensed to possess/use might legally be able to blow a speck of dust off the firearm?

In the firearms act it makes it clear only a firearm dealer can maintain a firearm, cleaning falls under maintain.

A firearm license holder is only allowed to possess and use a firearm there is nothing in the firearms act that says they can maintain it.

I know you're only a taxi driver nobody believes you were a lawyer so what does use mean in relation to discharging a firearm?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:42pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 3:58pm:
[

Australia's gun laws are the gun laws you end up with when hysterical anti-gun fkkwits get to write the legislation they want.

There are people who are proud of our laws yet they have never read how idiotic some of them are.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:44pm

It means he can clean his weapon (as can a Dealer.)  It means he can hold it and masturbate. It means he can load it with bullets.  It means he can clear a jam.  It means he can show his mates so they can have a circle jerk.  It means he can discharge it.  He can possess, load clean and use it for any lawful purpose.

Ask your Lawyer mate (if he actually exists which I seriously doubt.)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:55pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 4:44pm:
It means he can clean his weapon (as can a Dealer.)  It means he can hold it and masturbate. It means he can load it with bullets.  It means he can clear a jam.  It means he can show his mates so they can have a circle jerk.  It means he can discharge it.  He can possess, load clean and use it for any lawful purpose.

Ask your Lawyer mate (if he actually exists which I seriously doubt.) 

Possess and use does not include maintain which cleaning is that can only be done by licensed firearm dealers

Do you think anyone believes you were a lawyer?  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 5:10pm

NSW:

Link.

1.  Check Chapter 6.

2.  Weep.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2017 at 5:19pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #26 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 5:15pm

Where do you keep your hand gun, Oz? In your pocket?

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2017 at 5:22pm by Neferti »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Victoria:

Link.

Page 23 of the pdf in the first Link mentioned.

1.  Read about cleaning.

2.  Weep.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #28 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 5:25pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 5:19pm:
Victoria:

Link.

1.  Read about cleaning.

2.  Weep.

You actually found that you can GOOGLE to learn what Aussie STATES other than Queensland does regarding STATE LAW?

Well done!

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #29 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:19pm

Victoria:

Link.

1.  Read about cleaning.

2.  Weep.

I thought you were posting actual legislation

Not some fkken stupid guide.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #30 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:23pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
Victoria:

Link.

1.  Read about cleaning.

2.  Weep.

The 'guide' is a
Government
production/explanation.

1.  Read.

2.  Weep.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #31 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:23pm

This may well be the situation referred to by the OP...

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/gun-law/firearms-act-section-8-madness-the-loo...

I remain far from persuaded that the intent of the legislation is the restriction of cleaning to Firearms Dealers only. It's my view that it is implicitly included as part and parcel of ownership and use of a firearm.   

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:39pm

Alinta wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:23pm:

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/gun-law/firearms-act-section-8-madness-the-loo...

I remain far from persuaded that the intent of the legislation is the restriction of cleaning to Firearms Dealers only. It's my view that it is implicitly included as part and parcel of ownership and use of a firearm.   

I also note that the Article (written by a Lawyer...probably the 'mate' claimed by Mr Rort) refers to an administrative decision...not one of the Courts.

The facts on that 'paintball' situation are remarkably different to a mere cleaning of a weapon.....that bloke in the article was in fact manufacturing a weapon (licenced?) from bits taken off other weapons (licenced?)

One aspect of a licencing regime is surely to keep track of individual weapons.  That will be corrupted if what this bloke did was not suppressed.

Still......if I was the author of that Article and had faith in what I was saying, I'd take that Registry decision under administrative review to get a binding Court interpretation.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 9:47pm

I think Barons practicing some confirmation bias.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #34 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 6:31pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 9:47pm:
I think Barons practicing some confirmation bias.

Really?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:26pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
Alinta wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:23pm:

I also note that the Article (written by a Lawyer...probably the 'mate' claimed by Mr Rort) refers to an administrative decision...not one of the Courts.

The facts on that 'paintball' situation are remarkably different to a mere cleaning of a weapon.....that bloke in the article was in fact manufacturing a weapon (licenced?) from bits taken off other weapons (licenced?)

One aspect of a licencing regime is surely to keep track of individual weapons.  That will be corrupted if what this bloke did was not suppressed.

Still......if I was the author of that Article and had faith in what I was saying, I'd take that Registry decision under administrative review to get a binding Court interpretation.

Simon Munslow specialises in firearms laws, other lawyers take note of what he says, I have never met him.

The paintball operator was not manufacturing a paintball gun which arsie calls a weapon he was maintaining  them.

Licensing does not keep track of firearms licensing involves people it's registration that keeps track of firearms, arise claims to be a lawyer yet misses these simple things pretty obvious he is just a taxi driver.

A registered firearm must be produced when police request it , if you cannot produce it you will be charged with fail to prevent the loss or theft of a firearm there is no indication the paintball gun that was used for parts had the receiver which has the serial number disposed of illegally.

The firearms registry is run by the police, what do you think a court will say when they look at section 8 of the 1996 firearms act which says firearm license holders can only use or possess a firearm with firearm dealers having  authority to maintain (clean) and repair firearms?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:22pm

When are you handing yourself and your firearms in, Baron?   If your view is correct, you've been committing illegal acts for years.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:57pm

Never understood why on earth paintballs are considered firearms.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:59pm

hatman92 wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:57pm:

Ever been hit with a paintball?   It hurts - a lot!

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 11:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:22pm:
When are you handing yourself and your firearms in, Baron?   If your view is correct, you've been committing illegal acts for years.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't do anything illegal bwian.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

When are you going to close your forum down bwian, nobody goes there you have to troll other forums to feed your internet addiction.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 11:54pm

hatman92 wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:57pm:

The bedwetters probably crap their pants in fear when guns are mentioned, the police even want to ban toy guns.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #41 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:20am

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 6:23pm:
Victoria:

Link.

1.  Read about cleaning.

2.  Weep.

The 'guide' is a
Government
production/explanation.

1.  Read.

2.  Weep.

Still asked for the legislation and section that deals with it.

If I wanted an opinion I would have asked for it.

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 8:14am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Ever been hit with a paintball?   It hurts - a lot!

So do rocks.

I suspect arrows even more.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 8:57am

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:20am:
Victoria:

Link.

1.  Read about cleaning.

2.  Weep.

The 'guide' is a
Government
production/explanation.

1.  Read.

2.  Weep.

There is no Legislation which deals directly with it.  Just like there is no legislation which says you may use a pencil.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #44 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:20am

Aussie wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 8:57am:
BigOl64 wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:20am:
Victoria:

Link.

1.  Read about cleaning.

2.  Weep.

The 'guide' is a
Government
production/explanation.

1.  Read.

2.  Weep.

There is no Legislation which deals directly with it.  Just like there is no legislation which says you may use a pencil.

So they should just trust a 'guideline', and hope that the government treats gun owners in a fair and reasonable manner shall they?

Considering the way that governmentstreat law abiding gun owners I wouldn't trust then to take out my garbage.

The governments job is to ensure the ongoing hysteria and mistrust of law abiding gun owners is maintained at all costs, otherwise the gun laws would be seen to be what they are; a deliberate, hysterical, over-reaction to a tragic event involving a certified retard that should have been in an asylum.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:22am

Do you use a pencil or biro....without express Government consent/permission?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #46 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:30am

Aussie wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:22am:
Do you use a pencil or biro....without express Government consent/permission?

The government hasn't used spin to determine that operators of pencils are all potential mass murderers so why would there be legislation?

For instance muslims murder at a vastly greater rate than gun owners, but they have the protection of Sect 116 to practice their vile religion without hindrance. So not everything that even should be legislated against, is.

So thanks for your attempt at a moronic analogy, but it merely shows the weakness of your argument.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:41am

What Government 'spin?'  The only 'spin' I see is coming from Mr Rort.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #48 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:50am

Aussie wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:41am:
What Government 'spin?'  The only 'spin' I see is coming from Mr Rort.

So you weren't in Australia from 1996 to 1997?

The photo Herr Floggenfuhrer howard was a clue you should have picked up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print