Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This isnt going to end well. (Read 764 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

This isnt going to end well.
Aug 29th, 2017 at 4:27pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/islamic-state-fighters-face-nineveh-...

I KEPT the four girls in an abandoned house. Each night I would have sex with a different one,” a grubby looking man said, unperturbed.

“Sometimes they seemed scared, but they never said no. They were all virgins when I got them and more beautiful than you can imagine.”

It was the world’s single largest military operation in nearly 15 years.

The battle for the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, the largest offensive in the war against Islamic State - and no doubt, the bloodiest - took a mighty three years for allied forces to remove Islamic State’s tight grip.

But with freedom, comes vengeance - and makeshift courts have been set up, notably the Nineveh Criminal Court in the Al- Hamdaniya district east of Mosul, approximately 30 minutes drive from the city, to condemn those who fought against them.

The suspected Islamic State fighter giving his story of events at the investigations court pleaded guilty to four counts of kidnap and rape of women belonging to the minority Yazidi sect and 10 counts of the murder of its men.

He “seemed unrepentant as he confessed to his crimes,” noted the Telegraph’s Josie Ensor from Qaraqosh, Iraq.

A scene at the Qaraqosh courthouse. Picture: Christian Werner/Der Spiegel
The 40-year-old Mohammed Ahmed was “struggling for breath and shaking. His eyes rolled and his chin lolled down to his chest. He had been made to wait outside in the blistering Iraqi sun since early morning and was suffering”, Ms Ensore wrote.

Mr Ahmed began detailing his crimes, including the murder of a group of Yazidi men and boys in a primary school in 2014.

“I shot them there in the school hall,” he told the court. “I think I killed 10 or 12 of them, including some children.”

He was then instructed to take the “prettiest” girls in the town where they were sold into slavery and passed around senior members of the group.

He was given four women, between 22 and 30, where he kept them in an abandoned house and had sex with “a different one” each night.

“They were part of my salary. I received R8,000 a month and the women as a bonus,” he said.

“What did you do when you were done with them?” the judge asked.

“I gave them to another fighter in return for R2,660 each. I was brainwashed. I thought the Yazidis were infidels, like Jews. That they were lower than Muslims and that what we were doing to them was OK.”

Qaraqosh was recently liberated from Islamic State. Now members of the justice system are beginning to reckon with the aftermath of the occupation by trying to determine who should be charged with war crimes. Here, former IS followers are unloaded in front of the court building. Picture: Christian Werner/Der Spiegel
As Islamic State continues to lose control in Iraq, more and militants are finding themselves captured by Kurdish Peshmerga and Iraqi security forces, who have taken much of the control on the ground. Many have surrendered.

According to journalists, including the BBC’s Yollande Knell, who have stepped foot in the court, most cases involve young men accused of being members of Islamic State.

The number of detained extremists is currently unknown, but the court, made up of 12 judges, can hear up to 50 cases per day. One judge has reportedly signed arrest warrants for 6500 members of Islamic State.

Earlier this week, the court sentenced four militants to death in the first execution verdicts issued in Mosul since recapture.

“One of the militants was responsible for recruiting fighters for the group before capturing Mosul,” a statement by the council’s spokesman, Abdulstar Bayraqdar read.

“The other three were members of the Islamic Police.”

In one case, heard by Ms Knell, a 21-year-old man “crumpled over and started crying” as he was found guilty by a panel of judges.

The court heard he had been picked up on the frontline of the battleground, and threw his weapon away just before he was detained.

The second defendant, another man in his young 20s, was more talkative.

He admitted joining Islamic State, telling the court, “I gave the loyalty oath to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi,” he explained, providing detail on how he had been trained by Islamic State to handle weapons and sharia law.

During the battle for Mosul, soldiers were faced with at least five suicide car bombers a day - many of them children - and drones strapped grenades. Islamic State was not going to let this city go without a fight.

Nearly one million Iraqis have fled the homes in Mosul since October, 2016, but since its recapture in July, its battered citizens are attempting to rebuild their fallen city, shaken to its core after years of airstrikes and shelling. Electricity and clean water supplies are already beginning to flow.

As of July 2017, More than 7000 Iraqi civilians had been killed in the conflict, while another 22,000 were wounded. Additionally, almost 1000 Iraqi security forces deaths had been noted.

I am not sure the Kurdish Army should be the ones to do this...... to me this would be like ISIS dealing out justice. Angry

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: This isnt going to end well.
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:56pm

The muslims in the Islamic state were just following the example of $Profit Muhammad. Allah the most merciful of those who show mercy allows muslim men to have sex with their slaves even if their wives object to this.

Quote:
was narrated from Anas, that the Messenger of Allah had a female slave with whom he had intercourse, but 'Aishah and Hafsah would not leave him alone until he said that she was forbidden for him. Then Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, revealed:
"O Prophet! Why do you forbid (for yourself) that which Allah has allowed to you.' until the end of the Verse
https://sunnah.com/nasai/36/21

The founder and leader of the Kurdish PKK Abdullah Ocalan is an atheist.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 11:24pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
The muslims in the Islamic state were just following the example of $Profit Muhammad. Allah the most merciful of those who show mercy allows muslim men to have sex with their slaves even if their wives object to this.

Quote:
was narrated from Anas, that the Messenger of Allah had a female slave with whom he had intercourse, but 'Aishah and Hafsah would not leave him alone until he said that she was forbidden for him. Then Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, revealed:
"O Prophet! Why do you forbid (for yourself) that which Allah has allowed to you.' until the end of the Verse
https://sunnah.com/nasai/36/21

The founder and leader of the Kurdish PKK Abdullah Ocalan is an atheist.

do you think they should be judge and jury?..

its too raw and too soon...  as the op says  most are very young men..... and we have heard what ISIS threatened them with if they didnt join....

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 5:03pm

Why bother with a court case?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:25am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 5:03pm:
Why bother with a court case?

not sure how you mean that sprint..

should they be murdered like ISIS did.

I am sure even you can see that would be a WAR CRIME>

and thats what I mean   what the Kurds are doing is just another WAR CRIME>..

can we seriously turn a blind eye to that.....because it smacks of REVENGE.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:45am

cods wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 11:24pm:

do you think they should be judge and jury?..

its too raw and too soon...  as the op says  most are very young men..... and we have heard what ISIS threatened them with if they didnt join....

cods wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:25am:

should they be       murdered      like ISIS did.

I am sure even you can see that would be a WAR CRIME>

and thats what I mean   what the Kurds are doing is just another WAR CRIME>..

can we seriously turn a blind eye to that.....because it smacks of REVENGE.

cods,

Q.
Do you count justice [FOR THE VICTIMS], as 'murder', or as 'revenge' ?

Quote:

Mr Ahmed began detailing his crimes, including the murder of a group of Yazidi men and boys in a primary school in 2014.

“I shot them there in the school hall,” he told the court. “I think I killed 10 or 12 of them, including some children.”

He was then instructed to take the “prettiest” girls in the town where they were sold into slavery and passed around senior members of the group.

He was given four women, between 22 and 30, where he kept them in an abandoned house and had sex with “a different one” each night.

“.....I was brainwashed. I thought the Yazidis were infidels, like Jews. That they were lower than Muslims and that what we were doing to them was OK.”

cods,

Q.
What if the victims had been YOUR sons he had murdered ?

What if they were YOUR daughters that he had raped every day, and every night ?

cods,

Is murder and rape OK,        is it forgivable,         if the person who does that,     gives this explanation.....

“.....I was brainwashed.

I thought the Yazidis were infidels, like Jews.

That they were lower than Muslims and that what we were doing to them was OK.”

???

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:53am

same old same old yadda...

thats why I think it would be better if the someone other than those in the front line.. did this..

when we kill each other by the hundreds....IN WAR TIME......isnt that different to killing in PEACE TIME...

of course if it was my son they murdered I would WANT REVENGE......thats why I should not be allowed to be judge and jury..

are we allowed to be judge and jury at home in a murder trial..

of course we are not.....and this should really be no different..

cant you see that....history will judge the Kurds as being no better than their enemy....

do we still judge the Japanese on their treatment of aussie prisoners during WW11..... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:52am

cods wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:53am:

thats why I think it would be better if the someone other than those in the front line.. did this..

when we kill each other by the hundreds....IN WAR TIME......isnt that different to killing in PEACE TIME...

of course if it was my son they murdered I would WANT REVENGE......thats why I should not be allowed to be judge and jury..

cant you see that....history will judge the Kurds as being no better than their enemy....

do we still judge the Japanese on their treatment of aussie prisoners during WW11..... Roll Eyes

cods,

MY OPINION.....

In such circumstances, the families and friends of the victims, ABSOLUTELY, should NOT be those who are determining guilt, of whoever is being accused.

BUT,           if/when guilt has been determined,          then, imo, the families and friends of the victims,               ABSOLUTELY should be those who are determining the punishment [or if forgiveness is appropriate].       .....and nobody else.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:30am

Yadda wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:52am:
cods wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:53am:

cods,

MY OPINION.....

In such circumstances, the families and friends of the victims, ABSOLUTELY, should NOT be those who are determining guilt, of whoever is being accused.

BUT,           if/when guilt has been determined,          then, imo, the families and friends of the victims,               ABSOLUTELY should be those who are determining the punishment [or if forgiveness is appropriate].       .....and nobody else.

well you see yadda what is happening today right now....with ISIS prisoners.......

I do agree the victims should have more say in any sentencing    but that on our own soil....

this is now happening  in no mans land....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print