Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Crypto currency investing (Read 39343 times)
perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Re: Crypto currency investing
Reply #105 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:09pm

freediver wrote on Dec 2nd, 2018 at 9:26am:
I'll probably buy some bitcoin soon.

Good Luck, with that, FD!?
You'll need it!

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #106 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:15pm

I agree. Bitcoin is far too open to exploitation, especially in times of economic crisis.

Better to have some tangible assets like PM's or others that are currently of good value.
It may not be too long before you can get some property at a good price. I'll be holding off for that.

Dumped my shares a while back, sitting tight waiting for the STHTF. It's not far off now.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #107 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 8:52pm

Amadd wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:15pm:
Dumped my shares a while back, sitting tight waiting for the STHTF. It's not far off now.

Yes we've been hearing that for many years now.
Money hidden under the mattress has been losing value due to inflation

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #108 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 10:32am

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 6th, 2018 at 8:52pm:

And, How much has been made by those retaining their shares in the OZ Market, after the OZ All Ords peaked at 6,873, on October 2007?

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #109 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 9:18am

perceptions_now wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 10:32am:

And, How much has been made by those retaining their shares in the OZ Market, after the OZ All Ords peaked at 6,873, on October 2007?

In a worse case scenario, if you bought your entire share portfolio in October 2007 you would still have 11 years of divedends.
In reality most people will have accumulated shares over many years (thats the sensible strategy) and will have made more money than hiding it under the mattress or earning 2% in a Bank term deposit

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #110 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:23pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 9:18am:
perceptions_now wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 10:32am:

In a worse case scenario, if you bought your entire share portfolio in October 2007 you would still have 11 years of divedends.
In reality most people will have accumulated shares over many years (thats the sensible strategy) and will have made more money than hiding it under the mattress or earning 2% in a Bank term deposit

Actually, you were making pretty good returns with fixed interest up until a few years ago. Nothing against shares in the long run, I plan to buy again, but not for now. Everything I've sold after doing very well from them has dropped and I expect them to drop further. Martin North and John Adams are a good watch on youtube.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:30pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #111 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 10:45pm

I think that what people want is some type of currency that isn't manipulated at a whim. How the hell can people have faith in their dollar when reserve banks keep manipulating through low interest rates and QE?

PN called it long way back and harps on about it as bs because it's not addressing any real debt problems.
Money printing has been tried and tested as destructive to any society that has attempted it.

Or maybe it's just a larger bubble and larger consequences if the entire western world does it in unison? Are we too big to fail?

Or does it really matter if national debts continue to rise and rise? Well, I think that it does matter somewhat because in a fiat currency world, "WE" are the backing for our dollar.
It's our potential for earning and enslavement that backs our economy. Our androgynous society of cattle is complying quite nicely to accepted slavery.

I will reiterate that: In a fiat based currency, it is "Our potential earnings" that backs our dollar and our economy. Not gold, silver, bitcoin or any other available currency that "We" wish to trade in. That's why, like it or not, they have availed many many worker bees for their needs through their bs debt scenario.

I wouldn't touch Crytpo with a ten foot pole because, despite maybe there are good intentions (probably not), they're going to be bought out or sold out to the highest bidder who will have their own intentions in mind. Better to revert to the age old currency of gold IMO. That stuff that Johnny Howard sold for a song.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2018 at 3:44pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #112 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 5:43am

Barnacle, I think that you are not comprehending. It's all about the timing buddy, and I proclaim the timing as now. I have never made a call before, but my call is now to sell up and move to different avenues.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that I'm there abouts. I would be surprised if this artificial propping continues for too much longer. Otherwise, nobody can have any respect for the dollar at all.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2018 at 3:45pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #113 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 9:01pm

Amadd wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 5:43am:

Barnacle, I think that you are not comprehending. It's all about the timing buddy, and I proclaim the timing as now. I have never made a call before, but my call is now to sell up and move to different avenues.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that I'm there abouts. I would be surprised if this artificial propping continues for too much longer. Otherwise, nobody can have any respect for the dollar at all.

Have a read of the "For The Record" thread.
People have been claiming the timing is NOW for at least the past 10 years.
I'm not going to live my life in fear

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #114 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 10:27pm

Quote:
I think that what people want is some type of currency that isn't manipulated at a whim. How the hell can people have faith in their dollar when reserve banks keep manipulating through low interest rates and QE?

I think most people don't care, and the very few that do realise that it is not a whim at all and has a stabilising effect.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #115 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:28pm

Oh well, if you don't want to protect your money and make money on shorts and different avenues then that's your prerogative.  Grin Grin Grin

Of course, I'd already dumped my shares 2 months prior and they have dropped ever since. Stay tuned and I'll let you know when to buy back irregardless of a dead cat bounce.
My timing has been as perfect as it gets.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:49pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:54pm

Amadd wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:28pm:

Oh well, if you don't want to protect your money and make money on shorts and different avenues then that's your prerogative.  Grin Grin Grin

Of course, I'd already dumped my shares 2 months prior and they have dropped ever since. Stay tuned and I'll let you know when to buy back irregardless of a dead cat bounce.
yeah, you were and are right. Id like your views of when to buy back in. The dead cat bounce got me last time.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #117 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:38am

rhino wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:54pm:

yeah, you were and are right. Id like your views of when to buy back in. The dead cat bounce got me last time.

Probably buy back in at the next QE. But do you think that's really going to solve any long term debt problems?

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:51pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #118 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 12:57am

Amadd wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:38am:
rhino wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:54pm:

Probably buy back in at the next QE. But do you think that's really going to solve any long term debt problems?

Maybe you can buy back now to get the bounce and sell quick, or look for companies that turn good profits for the long term. We are in unsustainable debt, so I'm happy enough to take the profits and be out for a long time probably.

I don't even think there will be too much confidence in another QE really.  Super has no doubt already lost a lot if you hadn't already changed your options a couple of months ago.

I can't even be bothered thinking about it much atm. I'll probably wait awhile and buy some property later on if that's a good option. There's lots of dickhead property investors(?) out there that I'd like to exploit.

Crypto isn't an option for me now. I looked at it a long long time ago and thought it an interesting concept, but I missed the boat on that one. I should have had an interest bet at least, but alas, I didn't.  Sad  Mining stocks maybe (oil is so cheap), and a bit of hard PM's if it really turns to crap, which it should in all reality considering the debt levels.
« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2018 at 1:21am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #119 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 10:48pm

Bought the BTC back I sold at 10k a few weeks ago. Will buy more if it goes 2800-1200. probably grind along here for some months then start to head back up IMO. (All i do is trade crypto since 2016)

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print