Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Thanks for the memories, Jerry Lewis. (Read 798 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Thanks for the memories, Jerry Lewis.
Reply #15 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 2:51pm

I just found out about his passing today by someone whom I was telling them about how Jerry Lewis used to frequent Bermagui (NSW south coast) often a long time ago when 'Celebrities' were not harassed by Media and Public for photos and autographs here in Australia. He would come for the Fishing and the 'freedom' from his stardom.

His 'comedy' was ok. The ironic thing I found was that he played the 'fool' and Dean Martin played the 'smart' guy in their movies - but in real life it was Dean Martin who was the 'Fool' and Jerry Lewis who had it together as the 'smart' guy.

Mind you, you will find that what people are famous for 'on camera' is usually the opposite of what they are 'off camera'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #16 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 6:25pm

There is another story attached to Jerry Lewis. His partner Dean Martin couldn't stand him in the end. According to Martin Lewis was a drama queen who made it so impossible for Martin that he ended up pulling the plug on their films together

There was a famous 'on air' reunion which Frank Sinatra organised at a black tie do. Neither Martin nor Lewis knew they were on the same card.  They had a kind of 'make up' on stage

Lewis has been reported in the past for making racist jokes being rude and 'difficult' on the plus side he did the world a huge service with his contribution to 'muscular dystrophy'

No disrespect to Lewis but let the record be recorded faithfully

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 6:33pm

red baron wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 6:25pm:
There is another story attached to Jerry Lewis. His partner Dean Martin couldn't stand him in the end. According to Martin Lewis was a drama queen who made it so impossible for Martin that he ended up pulling the plug on their films together

There was a famous 'on air' reunion which Frank Sinatra organised at a black tie do. Neither Martin nor Lewis knew they were on the same card.  They had a kind of 'make up' on stage

Lewis has been reported in the past for making racist jokes being rude and 'difficult' on the plus side he did the world a huge service with his contribution to 'muscular dystrophy'

No disrespect to Lewis but let the record be recorded faithfully

Today's 'news' had Lewis 'sacking' Martin. 

I have never, ever, from age whatever when I first saw him to this day......ever thought he was funny, and I cannot recall being anything other than bored shitless with his 'humour.'  Same with the "Three Stooges."

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #18 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 9:00am

I agree Aussie, I couldn't stand the Martin and Lewis films, particularly Jerry acting like a retard

Really liked the Dean Martin show when he went out by himself

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print