Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Still can't agree Greg (Read 935 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Still can't agree Greg
Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:22pm

Every time I drive past the food bank in my district on the day it's open, the line of late model cars & 4wds just gets longer & longer.

The worst spongers in the world are usually the people who don't need a helping hand and I'm convinced that's what I'm seeing.

According to a blurb I picked up somewhere, the list of people who can claim a handout - and no proof is sought, that would be demeaning - just gets longer & longer.
Of course what will eventually happen is the goose will eventually be strangled by the greedy and the needy will be back where they were.

Don't get between an over-mortgaged McMansion dweller and the chance for a handout. Well we've seen that already with family tax payments.

The greedy rule OK!

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Re: Still can't agree Greg
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:24pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
Every time I drive past the food bank in my district on the day it's open, the line of late model cars & 4wds just gets longer & longer.

The worst spongers in the world are usually the people who don't need a helping hand and I'm convinced that's what I'm seeing.

According to a blurb I picked up somewhere, the list of people who can claim a handout - and no proof is sought, that would be demeaning - just gets longer & longer.
Of course what will eventually happen is the goose will eventually be strangled by the greedy and the needy will be back where they were.

Don't get between an over-mortgaged McMansion dweller and the chance for a handout. Well we've seen that already with family tax payments.

The greedy rule OK!

Was gweegy's scooter parked outside?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:29pm

What food bank?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:50pm

not really the same topic, but related

In 15 yrs of painting everything from multi million dollar homes to housing commission homes, I can tell you that the less the occupant or home owner had, the more likely they were of offering you a drink or food while you were at their house. On some occasions even baked cakes for smoko or case of beer and a BBQ for lunch. The higher the property value you were working, the less the chance of being offered even a drink of tap water on a 40 degree day.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:04pm

That would be dead right.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:41pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:50pm:

not really the same topic, but related

In 15 yrs of painting everything from multi million dollar homes to housing commission homes, I can tell you that the less the occupant or home owner had, the more likely they were of offering you a drink or food while you were at their house. On some occasions even baked cakes for smoko or case of beer and a BBQ for lunch. The higher the property value you were working, the less the chance of being offered even a drink of tap water on a 40 degree day.

they didn't get rich by giving their money or being charitable John...

but I've worked for some well off people and yes, you are 100% right... they are down right miserable people..

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:46pm

Taking all the stuff might make the bludgers have to get a job to survive. I know work is a foreign concept to the lefties though.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 5:01pm

Dr Mengele wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:46pm:
Taking all the stuff might make the bludgers have to get a job to survive. I know work is a foreign concept to the lefties though.

I work. Lefty??
I'm ambidextrous.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 5:58pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:41pm:

it's not charity, it's decency. Especially to offer water on a sticking hot day .

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I needed their water. I always had my own, but it's the thought that counts.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:02pm

Worked from age 19 to 64, gap of only a few weeks on the dole after a prang: PSTD.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:18pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:41pm:

it's not charity, it's decency. Especially to offer water on a sticking hot day .

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I needed their water. I always had my own, but it's the thought that counts.

100% John...

I worked for a family company as their Maintenance Manager..

and the fatherinlaw who's daughter married into the family I was working for was Having trouble with is car.. right?

so the fatherinlaw brought his car into my workshop to have a look at... but the people I was working for made him wash one of the companies vehicles in payment for me to fix his car...

ffs....

they also never gave me a pay rise for the last few years I worked for them.. crying poor while driving in with another brand new car... $120k BMWs, 6lt V8s, Toyota Prado's ... Volvo for the mrs or an Aldi...

awwww, but times are tough...  Cry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:19pm