Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
In support of free speech - NOT (Read 2781 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: In support of free speech - NOT
Reply #15 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 8:57pm

freediver wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 8:24pm:
How do they define an absolutist?

Er... absolutely no limitation on free speech???

Your guess?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #16 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:55pm

Men think of truth as a [mental] 'concept'.

But truth, is [somehow] a spiritual entity,    ....who chooses us, or not.

Q.
What purpose and function, does truth have ?

A.
A wondrous purpose.

Deuteronomy 19:16
If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
17  Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the LORD, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
18  And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
19  Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
20  And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.
21  And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Deuteronomy 25:1
If there be a controversy between men, and they come unto judgment, that the judges may judge them; then they shall justify the righteous, and condemn the wicked.

Deuteronomy 27:25
Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

John 18:37
.....Jesus answered.....To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20  For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1356876797/28#28
Quote:

A Holy people.
The Holy 'land'.
A Holy spirit [God's spirit].
...on a spiritual level these concepts are all connected with each other.

"I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people."

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Deuteronomy 7:6
For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

We live today, in a particularly evil time.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1434160480/0#0

Q.
Who is it, that is causing us, to separate ourselves, 'from other people' ?

John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Psalms 25:8
Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9  The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
12  What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

Deuteronomy 4:20
But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.

Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
9  For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 7:10am

Frank wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 8:57pm:

Your guess?

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ay5c6QvsA9w/Wgp03IXWdQI/AAAAAAAAFMc/lI5k5_uMIUohVXj5_...

The results seem a bit high for that. I doubt half the population even knows how freedom of speech is limited.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 10:34pm

freediver wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 7:10am:
Frank wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 8:57pm:

Your guess?

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ay5c6QvsA9w/Wgp03IXWdQI/AAAAAAAAFMc/lI5k5_uMIUohVXj5_...

The results seem a bit high for that. I doubt half the population even knows how freedom of speech is limited.

You sound like a progressive, FD.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print