Send Topic Print
husband storage pods (Read 341 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

husband storage pods
Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:43am

Great idea  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Chinese mall installs ‘husband storage’ pods to ease the boredom while wives shop

Retailers are counting on these new trends to make bricks-and-mortar shopping popular again
Amazon entry puts old selling habits on notice
A Chinese shopping mall has come up with a novel solution to entertain bored husbands.

Glass ‘husband storage’ pods have been installed at the Global Harbour Mall in Shanghai, according to Chinese state-run news site The Paper.

Each of the four pods is a miniature video games centre, for husbands that don’t want to be dragged around while their wives shop.

The pods feature a chair, monitor, computer and game controllers so men can sit and play retro games such as Tekken 3.

few men that tried out the pods told The Paper that they preferred the pods to other shopping centre distractions like the cinema or food courts. Photo: The Paper/twitter

The service is currently free, but staff have said they are looking at monetising it in the future, potentially with users scanning a QR code on their phone to transfer payment.

Billboards in the shopping centre have been advertising the pods over the past month.

A few men that tried out the pods told The Paper that they thought they were a novel idea and that they preferred the pods to other shopping centre distractions.

One shopper, Mr Wu, said he thought the ‘husband rest cabin’ was a fantastic idea. “I do not like to accompany my girlfriend shopping, so whenever we go out shopping I will look for a movie to see or find a place to eat and sit,” he said, according to the Telegraph.

But others lamented the fact that the pods have no air conditioning or airflow and that they became ‘very sweaty’ after playing the game.

As online shopping grows in popularity retailers are having to try harder to entertain all shoppers, not just bored husbands.

In Australia interactive windows, in-store displays and ‘experience’ opportunities are becoming much more commonplace now, according to retail experts.

https://www.commercialrealestate.com.au/news/chinese-mall-installs-husband-storage-pods-to-ease-the-boredom-while-wives-shop/

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: husband storage pods
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:10am

what happens if you forget to pick them up?.. Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:30am

cods wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:10am:

If they throw in a 6 pack of beer, I doubt the husbands would even care.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:44pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:30am:
cods wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:10am:

If they throw in a 6 pack of beer, I doubt the husbands would even care.

many wives wouldnt....if only!!

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 2:00pm

The last time I went to the shops with the wife would've been in the 90s

Fellas , just say no

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 12:17am

A nice little Stepford would be a nice change.... bring her out on cue....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 12:21am

I shop - I get, I fill the order, I go .... the ex shops - takes hours wandering about and checking out things she'll never buy or use.... same as stupid reno and cooking shows - never a decent feed out of one of those or a good idea that Scott Cam can do in five minutes with all the gear, but takes you two days...

'Just build this lovely book case'... all done on screen in next to no time.... not a cut wrong... not a single wasted movement... every tool an ace (unlike - say - the hand saw I sometimes have to use)....

I can do the week's groceries in 15-20 minutes.. she takes at least two hours.... and I'm totally bored by the end....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print