Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
The left attack Christianity but supports Islam (Read 8523 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: The left attack Christianity but supports Islam
Reply #30 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:13am

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 8:57am:
It is those with religious conviction that show the most disrespect to other faiths???

Apparently not.

Its time wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 8:49pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 6:28pm:
' ................. The left attack Christianity but supports Islam ........... '

yes, they do.

I don't discriminate , anyone that believes in any sky fairies is a dead kunt to me  Smiley, and I'm christianed , naturally I was to young to oppose , but I educated my kids from day dot religion was complete and utter bullshit

Quote:
As a lefty I do not particularly care which sky fairy you follow. I do care about discriminate and hate. I suggest you perform one simple exercise.  The next anti Islamic message you find in this place, replace Muslim with Jew and read it again.

Jews are throwing gays off the top of tall buildings. Oh, I suppose that is alright then...

Quote:
The irony in this is that those Christians who have fallen victim to Islam phobia have forgotten one of the basic teachings of their sky fairy.
Let those who are without sin cast the first stone.

Who is throwing stones?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #31 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:12pm

Cheesyphilperth2010 wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 8:57am:
I respect everyone's right to worship whom ever and what ever they want....It is those with religious conviction that show the most disrespect to other faiths???

Huh Huh Huh

Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people.
Doris Egan, House M.D., The Right Stuff, 2007

Yes, because Atheists are very respectful to those with faith, just see this thread for example.

BILL SHORTEN WILL NEVER BE PM!!!!

IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #32 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:14pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:12am:
matty wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 10:48pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 6:58pm:
once again matty hides his head up his arse and ignores reality.

the left had no problem with hanson wearing a hijab if she so wished, it was her reason for wearing it that was the problem.

(i should add that nuns deserve all the mockery they get)

Why was it? It's true, the burqa does conceal identity and thus compromise security. It is ALSO a symbol of oppression, and yet the left don't seem to care that many women are forced to wear it against their own free will. Why aren't the feminists shouting from the rooftops anout it?

Why do nuns deserve mockery?

you don't have to like the burqa Matty. No one is going to make you wear one. What it means to you is irrelevant. It's what it means to the person wearing it that is important. Your symbolism is your problem

as for nuns, who do you think was helping the pedo priests hide their abuse?

That's my whole point idiot. To many women wearing it is a symbol of oppression. They don't want to wear it but are forced to by their families.

Also, other countries have banned it because of the identity issue. You think it's fair that women are allowed to wear a burqa for their driver's license but someone else can't wear a hat, or even a ribbon?

IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #33 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:16pm

Lastone wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:14am:
As a lefty I do not particularly care which sky fairy you follow. I do care about discriminate and hate. I suggest you perform one simple exercise.  The next anti Islamic message you find in this place, replace Muslim with Jew and read it again.  Then go and have a read of some of the Anti-Semitic rubbish printed by Christians. You will be amazed at the similarities.
The irony in this is that those Christians who have fallen victim to Islam phobia have forgotten one of the basic teachings of their sky fairy.
Let those who are without sin cast the first stone.  When one considers that the Holocaust was perpetrated by a so called Christian Nation some of you turkeys should be hanging your heads in shame, not hurling rocks. Rather than defend any sky fairy, I merely expose bigotry and hypocrisy, pointing out the fact you live in a glass house. 

Here we go again with this bs that all religions have extremists and they're all as bad as one another, when it is only one religion going around the world killing people.

IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #34 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:18pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:37am:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:36am:
John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:13am:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:58am:
' ................. The left attack Christianity but supports Islam ........... '

yes, they do.

I don't discriminate , anyone that believes in any sky fairies is a dead kunt to me  Smiley, and I'm christianed , naturally I was to young to oppose , but I educated my kids from day dot religion was complete and utter bullshit

Don't want your kids to make up their own minds? I feel sorry for the poor little sods.

do you let your kids make up their mind about running out on the road? Religion is even more deadly

Comments like that prove why you are, and will always, be known as the village idiot.

you realise that projecting yourself onto me will never work, right?

Why don't you get some new material? You have worn out the "I know you are but what I am I" thing.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:18pm

matty wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:12am:
matty wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 10:48pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 6:58pm:
once again matty hides his head up his arse and ignores reality.

the left had no problem with hanson wearing a hijab if she so wished, it was her reason for wearing it that was the problem.

(i should add that nuns deserve all the mockery they get)

Why was it? It's true, the burqa does conceal identity and thus compromise security. It is ALSO a symbol of oppression, and yet the left don't seem to care that many women are forced to wear it against their own free will. Why aren't the feminists shouting from the rooftops anout it?

Why do nuns deserve mockery?

you don't have to like the burqa Matty. No one is going to make you wear one. What it means to you is irrelevant. It's what it means to the person wearing it that is important. Your symbolism is your problem

as for nuns, who do you think was helping the pedo priests hide their abuse?

That's my whole point idiot. To many women wearing it is a symbol of oppression. They don't want to wear it but are forced to by their families.

Also, other countries have banned it because of the identity issue. You think it's fair that women are allowed to wear a burqa for their driver's license but someone else can't wear a hat, or even a ribbon?

no, that's not your whole point. You want to ban the burqua for what you believe. Instead, I think it's up to the individual to decide if they want to wear it or not.
Banning the burqa in Australia does absolutely nothing for the women in Afghanistan.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:19pm

matty wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:18pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:37am:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:36am:
John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:13am:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:58am:

yes, they do.

Don't want your kids to make up their own minds? I feel sorry for the poor little sods.

do you let your kids make up their mind about running out on the road? Religion is even more deadly

Comments like that prove why you are, and will always, be known as the village idiot.

you realise that projecting yourself onto me will never work, right?

Why don't you get some new material? You have worn out the "I know you are but what I am I" thing.

what for? the old material works so well and is still just as valid as the first time I used it.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #37 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:19pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:03am:
The left has been kicking the sheet out of western religion for years and as an atheist, it's something I totally approve but now in the days of Islamic protectionism it's totally one sided.

The left is too gutless to attack Islam because a bodycount is generally the result.

...people who blame everything on the left can't define the right: you fool nobody mate  Wink  Cheesy Cheesy

...people who blame everything on the left can't define the right: you fool nobody mate  Wink  Grin Grin

...people who blame everything on the left can't define the right: you fool nobody mate  Wink Wink Smiley Wink

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:20pm

matty wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:16pm:
when it is only one religion going around the world killing people.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lastone

Australian Politics

Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Reply #39 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:26pm

As a lefty I do not particularly care which sky fairy you follow. I do care about discriminate and hate. I suggest you perform one simple exercise.  The next anti Islamic message you find in this place, replace Muslim with Jew and read it again.  Then go and have a read of some of the Anti-Semitic rubbish printed by Christians. You will be amazed at the similarities.
Let those who are without sin cast the first stone.  When one considers that the Holocaust was perpetrated by a so called Christian Nation some of you turkeys should be hanging your heads in shame, not hurling rocks. Rather than defend any sky fairy, I merely expose bigotry and hypocrisy, pointing out the fact you live in a glass house. 

Here we go again with this bs that all religions have extremists and they're all as bad as one another, when it is only one religion going around the world killing people.

History does not count then? If Christians were organising pogroms and Murdering Jews 60 years ago. That does not count because at the moment only Muslims are doing it according to you.

I am yet to see a trickle down lift anyone up

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:45pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:18pm:

no, that's not your whole point. You want to ban the burqua for what you believe. Instead, I think it's up to the individual to decide if they want to wear it or not.
Banning the burqa in Australia does absolutely nothing for the women in Afghanistan.

I agree with Tony Abbott on this issue when he said

"We are free country, we are a free society and it's not the business of government to tell people what they should and shouldn't wear"

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #41 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:04pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:45pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:18pm:

I agree with Tony Abbott on this issue when he said

"We are free country, we are a free society and it's not the business of government to tell people what they should and shouldn't wear"

Tony Abbott gave the Australian youth copper internet to compete in the Asian century we actually built: he's a complete moron in other words  Grin

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:16pm

matty wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 12:59am:
If what Pauline did was offensive to Muslims, then surely these people are far worse for mocking the nun's habit?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/abc-would-applaud-hanson-in-pink-n...

where's Attorney General George Brandis blubbering like a baby like he did when Hanson wore a Burqa.. ???  Roll Eyes

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Lastone

Australian Politics

Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Reply #43 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:57pm

freediver wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:13am:
It is those with religious conviction that show the most disrespect to other faiths???

Apparently not.

yes, they do.

Quote:
As a lefty I do not particularly care which sky fairy you follow. I do care about discriminate and hate. I suggest you perform one simple exercise.  The next anti Islamic message you find in this place, replace Muslim with Jew and read it again.

Jews are throwing gays off the top of tall buildings. Oh, I suppose that is alright then...

Quote:

Who is throwing stones?

Yes but on this occasion I am allowed to because I am without sin  Grin

The Oxford Dictionary defines anti-Semitism as “Hostility to or prejudice against Jews.”
It is the systematic dehumanising and demonising of Jews through the use of negative stereotypes.
An example “Harry would not shout if a shark bit him, must be Jewish.”  Promotes the negative stereotype that Jews are mean with money.
The logic being put to us here regarding Islam is that all terrorist acts are being committed by Muslims all terrorist are Muslim, therefore all Muslims are terrorists therefore Islam is a terrorist religion.
It’s certainly Demonising. It’s using negative stereotypes. When it’s being used to argue against immigration it’s prejudiced and when it is being used to turn away refugees it’s dehumanising.
Should a bunch of Neo Nazi’s decide to march in St Kilda on a Saturday Morning I will happily man the barricades side by side with Jewish comrades to make a stand against Anti-Semitism.  (I am not a fan of Israel by the way)
That does not mean I favour their religion. Similarly when I see prejudiced comments here, I will argue against them. That does not mean I am favouring one religion over another.

I am yet to see a trickle down lift anyone up

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 2:53pm

Lastone wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:26pm:

History does not count then? If Christians were organising pogroms and Murdering Jews 60 years ago. That does not count because at the moment only Muslims are doing it according to you.

When it was Christians it doing we we lined up in great numbers to kill them in order to put a stop to it. And the limp wristed apologists were rightly condemned for their cowardice.

Now we have people like John Smith saying it is not right to criticise Nazis, and Brian Ross saying we have no right or even ability to criticise other nations or religions.

Lastone wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:13am:

Apparently not.

yes, they do.

Quote:

Quote:

Who is throwing stones?

Yes but on this occasion I am allowed to because I am without sin  Grin

The Oxford Dictionary defines anti-Semitism as “Hostility to or prejudice against Jews.”
It is the systematic dehumanising and demonising of Jews through the use of negative stereotypes.
An example “Harry would not shout if a shark bit him, must be Jewish.”  Promotes the negative stereotype that Jews are mean with money.
The logic being put to us here regarding Islam is that all terrorist acts are being committed by Muslims all terrorist are Muslim, therefore all Muslims are terrorists therefore Islam is a terrorist religion.
It’s certainly Demonising. It’s using negative stereotypes. When it’s being used to argue against immigration it’s prejudiced and when it is being used to turn away refugees it’s dehumanising.
Should a bunch of Neo Nazi’s decide to march in St Kilda on a Saturday Morning I will happily man the barricades side by side with Jewish comrades to make a stand against Anti-Semitism.  (I am not a fan of Israel by the way)
That does not mean I favour their religion. Similarly when I see prejudiced comments here, I will argue against them. That does not mean I am favouring one religion over another.

Is this prejudiced? Would you stand up to it, or choose instead to be an apologist for it?

freediver wrote on Jul 30th, 2016 at 10:08am:
5. Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then
kill the Mushrikun
(see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush.
But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

How about this?

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 10:27am:
freediver wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 8:26am:
If you think these 800 people acted as some kind of mindless collective

Thats exactly what they were.

« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:03pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print