Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is saying "Arabs are responsible for diseases spread by Arabs, just like Europeans are responsible for diseases spread by Europeans" blatant racism?

yes    
  3 (23.1%)
no    
  1 (7.7%)
yes - but only against whites    
  1 (7.7%)
not racist - WAAAACIST!    
  1 (7.7%)
what an idiotic question    
  7 (53.8%)

Total votes: 13
« Last Modified by: polite_gandalf on: Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:07am »

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 
Send Topic Print
Islam-inspired racism (Read 40355 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islam-inspired racism
Reply #570 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 7:03pm

Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:18pm:
Are you conceding that most did not die of European diseases? Does that mean you no longer think Europeans are to blame?

Why would you say that?

Millions died because the Europeans invaded, raped and pillaged the Americas. I don't know the exact breakdown of the deaths, but its reasonable to assume most died from the diseases the Europeans brought and spread. But plenty died from other related causes - like starvation, forced labor and just plain murder. Agreed?

And in case its not clear, I blame Europeans for all of the deaths. Wacist I know.

The Chinese gave the world the Black Death. Time to ask them for compo. Oh, and avian flu.

Oh, and shoddy merchandise.

Good point, dear boy. Perhaps they also gave us British our smallpox to disseminate amongst the tinted races.

But what of the Muselman's responsibility?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #571 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:13pm

Quote:
Good point FD - many invaders and thieves invaded and thieved with the best of intentions. Its important to acknowledge this.

The Americas were discovered by people seeking a trade route to India.

Quote:
I concede that labelling the diseases Europeans brought and introduced to the New World through invasion and theft of land as "European Diseases" is considered "wacism" by at least one person here. I also concede that the same person considers the apportioning of blame to Europeans for the deaths these diseases caused is even worse wacism and simply outrageous.

Do you still label them as European diseases, or have you realised how little sense that makes?

Do you still blame Europeans for all the deaths?

Did you try to spin the inevitable consequences of the search for trade routes as "rape and pillage" because you always knew the whole "Europeans are to blame for European diseases" thing didn't add up?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #572 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 2:05pm

freediver wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:13pm:
The Americas were discovered by people seeking a trade route to India.

Good point, the invaders and thieves came hot on their heels.

freediver wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:13pm:
Do you still label them as European diseases, or have you realised how little sense that makes?

Do you still blame Europeans for all the deaths?

Of course - 'European diseases' is entirely logical and sensible.

And what "all the deaths"? I blame Europeans for all the deaths that resulted from their invasion and pillaging, nothing more, nothing less. What game are you playing here with the cryptic use of the word "all"? Are you trying to subtly slip in the deaths from Genghis Khan or something? 600 innocent jews in one day perhaps?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #573 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 8:07pm

Quote:
Good point, the invaders and thieves came hot on their heels.

Does which one introduced the disease affect who you blame?

Quote:
Of course - 'European diseases' is entirely logical and sensible.

So why all the backpedalling? As far as I can tell you now only say they are European up until they get passed on between the natives. You have gone from millions of deaths due to European diseases to defining the term almost out of existence.

Quote:
And what "all the deaths"?

The deaths due to introduced diseases.

Quote:
I blame Europeans for all the deaths that resulted from their invasion and pillaging, nothing more, nothing less.

Do you have any idea which is which?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #574 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 8:23pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 7:03pm:

They gave us you.  You wouldn't exist without Islam, Paki shitehead. Your existence qua Paki shitehead is an unforgivable, horrible consequence of Islam.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #575 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:16am

Frank wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 8:23pm:

They gave us you.  You wouldn't exist without Islam, Paki shitehead. Your existence qua Paki shitehead is an unforgivable, horrible consequence of Islam.

Strange. I'm not a Paki, and I'm not a Muselman. Which part of moi do you find the unforgivable, horrible consequence of Islam always absolutely never ever on stilts, dear boy?

Is it the Voltairean part?

In the words of your poetess, please explain.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #576 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:31am

freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 8:07pm:
So why all the backpedalling? As far as I can tell you now only say they are European up until they get passed on between the natives. You have gone from millions of deaths due to European diseases to defining the term almost out of existence.

No backpeddling. My definition is the same as its ever been. You even defined it yourself, but curiously now have no idea.

Also, millions of people died due to European diseases - as they raped and pillaged their way through the new world. This is actually an exceedling simple and uncontroversial fact that you cannot in fact dispute, but you will still spare no effort in obfuscating it beyond all meaning as the next best strategy.

As you always do.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #577 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 12:52pm

Quote:
Also, millions of people died due to European diseases

Ah, I see we just lost a few pages to your ducking and weaving because we never got a straight answer from you on this:

freediver wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:32pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:26am:
No really FD, thats a direct answer. It really is a simple application of common sense. You should try it some day.

If an arab person travels to Europe with a disease they contracted in Arabia, its an arab disease. If a European person infects someone in America with a disease they contracted in Europe, its a European disease.

Its really not relevant what happens after that, or even before that. The disease could have been developed on the moon for all I care. Like I said, its a point in time thing.

And it certainly doesn't help when you just fabricate stuff like accusing me of assuming it remains "European" forever, and on that basis its "convenient racism" or whatever.

So when you blame Europeans for millions of deaths in the Americas due to European disease, you actually mean millions of individual Europeans each raping individual native Americans and giving the disease to them?

Or is this a very stretchy "point in time"?

Would you like to have another go?

Can you explain what you actually meant with your "it's a point in time thing"?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #578 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 2:04pm

'rape' is a figure of speech FD. I thought that was a pretty obvious point, and I'm almost certain I mentioned it before.

smallpox for example was not spread by individuals literally doing forced sexual intercourse on the people they infected. But it, and many other "European diseases" were spread because individual Europeans were (metaphorically) raping and pillaging the native's land - as in invading, killing, looting and stealing the natives land, and of course enslaving them.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #579 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 2:09pm

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
Can you explain what you actually meant with your "it's a point in time thing"?

Whoever is carrying the disease that then spreads in the new lands "at that point in time". As opposed to ludicrously tracing the origins of the disease through all of history, or worrying about what happens to the disease after the fact.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #580 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 6:39pm

Quote:
'rape' is a figure of speech FD. I thought that was a pretty obvious point, and I'm almost certain I mentioned it before.

It's not when I talk about Islam using rape as a nation building tool. I mean literal rape. Just like Muhammad and ISIS. So you should clarify if you are trying to use figurative rape in your moral equivalences.

Quote:
Whoever is carrying the disease that then spreads in the new lands "at that point in time". As opposed to ludicrously tracing the origins of the disease through all of history, or worrying about what happens to the disease after the fact.

When does it stop being a European disease? A straight answer this time, if you don't mind.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #581 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:35pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:16am:

Strange. I'm not a Paki, and I'm not a Muselman. Which part of moi do you find the unforgivable, horrible consequence of Islam always absolutely never ever on stilts, dear boy?

Oh, but of course you are a Paki and a son of Mohammed.  Everyone knows, even you. In your heart, in your mind you are a Paki son of Mohammed.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #582 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:37pm

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
Quote:

It's not when I talk about Islam using rape as a nation building tool. 

Ummah, ummah
stick it your jumpah.

Rape a s a nation building tool. Only in Islam.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #583 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:41pm

Frank wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:35pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:16am:

Oh, but of course you are a Paki and a son of Mohammed.  Everyone knows, even you. In your heart, in your mind you are a Paki son of Mohammed.

So why are you continually howling for Paki/son-of-Moh cock, dear boy?

Everybody knows, even you.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #584 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 10:02am

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
It's not when I talk about Islam using rape as a nation building tool. I mean literal rape. Just like Muhammad and ISIS. So you should clarify if you are trying to use figurative rape in your moral equivalences.

Good point FD. And while we're on our moral high horse, we should also distinguish the "figurative rapists" from someone who literally wishes a women to be raped with a cactus.

You know, just so we're very clear on the moral equivalences here.

Oh, and I reckon there were a few "literal rapes" in the invasion and pillage of the Americas too - what do you reckon?

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 
Send Topic Print