Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is saying "Arabs are responsible for diseases spread by Arabs, just like Europeans are responsible for diseases spread by Europeans" blatant racism?

yes    
  3 (23.1%)
no    
  1 (7.7%)
yes - but only against whites    
  1 (7.7%)
not racist - WAAAACIST!    
  1 (7.7%)
what an idiotic question    
  7 (53.8%)

Total votes: 13
« Last Modified by: polite_gandalf on: Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:07am »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41
Send Topic Print
Islam-inspired racism (Read 40064 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Islam-inspired racism
Reply #390 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:42pm

freediver wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
Gandalf is it a common view among Muslims that Arabs are responsible for Arab diseases and Europeans are responsible for European diseases?

tsk tsk FD - the boy who constantly shouts "liar" should be careful about what he accuses people of saying. Now run off and find the actual quote and learn how this is a big fat porky.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #391 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:10pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:42pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
Gandalf is it a common view among Muslims that Arabs are responsible for Arab diseases and Europeans are responsible for European diseases?

tsk tsk FD - the boy who constantly shouts "liar" should be careful about what he accuses people of saying. Now run off and find the actual quote and learn how this is a big fat porky.

Yes, but let's focus first on which are Arab diseases and which are Whitey's.

Arab: inbreeding maps, subnormal IQ levels and squatting down to piss and playing with your dick afterwards.

Whitey: freeeeedom, democracy and making the trains run on time.

Have I left anything out?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #392 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:42pm

Here you go Gandalf. Is this particular racism your own invention or do you share it with other Muslims? Also, what makes a disease 'European' or 'Arab'?

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 1:16pm:
Oh look, a white Muslim sprouting anti-European racist propaganda, apparently unwittingly, and turning world history on it's head in order to do so. Gandalf I hope you aren't teaching any of this nonsense to impressionable children. We have enough trouble with Muslims driving on the footpath as it is.

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:28am:
Arabs are responsible for diseases spread by Arabs, just like Europeans are responsible for diseases spread by Europeans.

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:03am:
It is simply self-evident that European colonialism was the most disruptive, violent and devastating period for the most number of people, in the smallest period of time, in all of history. 

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 27th, 2017 at 9:47am:
freediver wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 7:24pm:
Were the Europeans responsible for disease, famine and falling birth rate?

European diseases like small pox? - obviously. Particularly when they were spread deliberately.

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:45am:
- would you care to hazard a guess as to how many millions of native Indians were slaughtered by European imperialists In South, Central and North America combined? I think we can safely assume it runs into the millions.

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 27th, 2017 at 2:38pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 27th, 2017 at 12:36pm:
Are you also holding Europeans accountable for the cases that were not deliberate?

Yes. The diseases didn't spread because of some benign, innocent non-disruptive contact with the natives. They spread because the imperialistic Europeans barged in uninvited to rape and pillage and make slaves. But please, feel free to demonstrate your ability in spin and give us a jolly yarn about how imperialists who invade in order to rape and pillage - are somehow not responsible for the decimating effects of the small pox and common cold viruses they bring along with them.

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 27th, 2017 at 2:38pm:
By the way, you haven't answered my question - can you think of any other period in history where the actions of one power or civilization was responsible - indirectly and directly for so many deaths? You do agree that it runs into the millions right?

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 6:45am:
Can you think of any other period in history where so many were killed as a result of the actions of one civilization/power?

Do you agree that native American populations wouldn't have been decimated by European diseases if the Europeans hadn't invaded them to rape and pillage their lands? A simple yes or no will suffice.

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:40am:
If the second claim is about European colonial deaths being greater than at any time - there is no source, I stated this from the beginning. As I have said twice already, it is a statement of the bleeding obvious.

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 3:18pm:
Speaking of evasive, can you think of another period in history where so many people were killed by one civilization invading and raping and pillaging so many places?

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 10:34am:
Do you at least concede that diseases that struck non-Europeans as a result of the Europeans invading, raping and pillaging their lands - are deaths as a result of European imperialism?

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:03am:
8 million estimated native Indians in South America. 2-13 million in Congo. Thats just for starters. How many North American Indians were wiped out? Arguably the greatest genocide in all of history, complete with small pox blankets. Africa - probably the most ravaged continent by Europeans of all - the devastating effects of which are only to evident to this very day. Oh but FD will say the diseases the Europeans spread while raping and pillaging were not deliberately spread, so its all good. No moral responsibility. He'll probably also try on the "wheres the source Gandalf" ruse for these figures, and once again "forget" that he's read and even quoted the wikipedia quotes that I posted. He'll then continue on with the "oh there's no exact total, sorry can't discuss it" copout. Apparently oblivious to the fact that undeniably entire continents were violently overtaken, and entire populations ethnically cleansed, and often annihilated - unlike in any other time in history. It is simply self-evident that European colonialism was the most disruptive, violent and devastating period for the most number of people, in the smallest period of time, in all of history. 

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 5:12pm:
British deliberate use of smallpox for biological warfare

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:15am:
I'm blaming Europeans for the deaths that were caused directly or indirectly by European colonialism.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #393 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:44pm

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 7:44am:
One more time for Gandalf:

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:32am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 1:33pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 12:12pm:
Gandalf can you explain for us your theory on blaming racial groups for the spread of disease?

My theory is that when a group of people (you can call them a 'race' if you like) invade a defenseless nation of people in order to rape and pillage its natural resources, and enslave the population, they are to "blame" for any diseases that they bring and spread (deliberately or not) amongst the natives.

Not to be confused with the scenario where diseases spread as a result of friendly traders making contact with natives in good faith and instigating trade based on mutual respect.

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 3:46pm:
Lets start by not shoving words into my mouth for once. Where did this talk of "races" come from? I never mentioned them. You seem to be constructing some kind of strawman with it.

The whole of South and central America getting decimated by European disease when the Europeans came to rape and pillage and enslave the inhabitants - springs to mind as a case in point.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 8:13am:
freediver wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 8:28pm:
Quote:
Now try again, and this time try and forget about white and black men.

You brought it up Gandalf.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 3:34pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 12:32pm:
even though they basically discovered it because they were trying to get away from 'friendly Muslimns'?

Spanish conquistadors fresh from ethnically cleansing Spain of muslims and jews - raped and pillaged America because they trying to get away from muslims now were they? Or late 19th century Belgium - running away from big bad muslims, just happened to run into Congo - and thought 'hey what the hell, now we're here - we may as well rape and pillage the place'. Flay around aimlessly some more FD, its getting hilarious.

Do you really not know this Gandalf?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus

Under the Mongol Empire's hegemony over Asia (the Pax Mongolica, or Mongol peace), Europeans had long enjoyed a safe land passage, the Silk Road, to the Indies (then construed roughly as all of south and east Asia) and China, which were sources of valuable goods such as spices and silk. With the fall of Constantinople to the Ottoman Turks in 1453, the land route to Asia became much more difficult and dangerous. Portuguese navigators tried to find a sea way to Asia.

So your argument goes - while the Spanish were trying to avoid the muslims to find a way to Asia, they instead stumbled upon the Americas....

Quote:
I blame the Europeans for raping and pillaging and enslaving and committing genocide of the inhabitants - as well as for any other devastating effects that rape and pillage and genocide had on the inhabitants - unforeseen or otherwise.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 8:09pm:
you are not making any coherent point here homo

Take whatever scenario you like - it still doesn't alter the essential point: the Spanish gave Indians the sniffles/small pox, whatever - because they invaded their land in order to rape and pillage it. I don't have to brush up on my biology to know that.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 9:55am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 9:01am:
It's a tough case to prove, so FD just makes stuff up.

To be fair, he also relies heavilly on the most extraordinarily absurd leaps in logic. From the top of my head just in recent discussions:

- criticising Europeans for killing millions during the colonial period - must be racist, cause you know, European='white' race, and I'm not blaming blacks or muslims

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #394 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:59am

Oh look, FD repeats the 2 page quote bomb again with no explanation.

We're up to sentence 2 FD - racist or not?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #395 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:01am

freediver wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:42pm:
Here you go Gandalf. Is this particular racism your own invention or do you share it with other Muslims? Also, what makes a disease 'European' or 'Arab'?

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 1:16pm:
Oh look, a white Muslim sprouting anti-European racist propaganda, apparently unwittingly, and turning world history on it's head in order to do so. Gandalf I hope you aren't teaching any of this nonsense to impressionable children. We have enough trouble with Muslims driving on the footpath as it is.

[quote author=gandalf link=1508378680/233#233 date=1510432122]Arabs are responsible for diseases spread by Arabs, just like Europeans are responsible for diseases spread by Europeans.

(hint: I don't believe either 'Europeans' or 'Arabs' are a race.)

Does that help?

Besides, how is it racist against "Europeans" if I say the same for Arabs?

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #396 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:06am

Poll added

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #397 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:18pm

If a white supremacist declared that black people are not a race, would you defend them against accusations of racism? Or does this trick only work for Muslims?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #398 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:54pm

freediver wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:18pm:

tut tut FD, I've already pointed out that statement is a porky. Gosh you even found the correct quote, then merrily repeated the porky straight after.

Back to what I actually said - do you think a European is responsible for spreading a disease that he brought from Europe - lets call it a "European Disease" - while he rapes and pillages the new world?

Or if you prefer, do you think an Arab is responsible for spreading a disease he brings from Arabia - lets call it an "Arab disease" - while he rapes and pillages... say Europe?

Did you know moses blames the black death on muslim arabs? He posted an article that blamed arabs for about 50 million deaths - based on which diseases they supposedly spread (including the black death) during their conquests. I think its in this very thread. Blatant racism would you say?

tsk tsk oh dear, rolls eyes

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #399 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 4:49pm

How many black deaths were caused by the eunuch (total castration) process?

How many black deaths occurred by killing the babies of the black concubines?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #400 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:24pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:54pm:

tut tut FD, I've already pointed out that statement is a porky.

It's a question, not a statement.

If a white supremacist declared that black people are not a race, would you defend them against accusations of racism? Or does this trick only work for Muslims?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #401 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:53pm

freediver wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:24pm:

tut tut FD, I've already pointed out that statement is a porky.

It's a question, not a statement.

Will you answer a question, FD?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #402 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:57pm

tut tut FD, I've already pointed out that statement is a porky. Gosh you even found the correct quote, then merrily repeated the porky straight after.

Back to what I actually said - do you think a European is responsible for spreading a disease that he brought from Europe - lets call it a "European Disease" - while he rapes and pillages the new world?

Or if you prefer, do you think an Arab is responsible for spreading a disease he brings from Arabia - lets call it an "Arab disease" - while he rapes and pillages... say Europe?

Did you know moses blames the black death on muslim arabs? He posted an article that blamed arabs for about 50 million deaths - based on which diseases they supposedly spread (including the black death) during their conquests. I think its in this very thread. Blatant racism would you say?

Arabs - they are nobody's favourites. Did they spread the plague? They spread all sorts of undesirable things so maybe the plague as well. You need to refute the idea properly, not just dismiss it as 'racist'.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #403 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Frank wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:57pm:

Arabs - they are nobody's favourites. Did they spread the plague? They spread all sorts of undesirable things so maybe the plague as well. You need to refute the idea properly, not just dismiss it as 'racist'.

Let's ask FD.

FD, did Arabs spread the plague as a form of biological warfare?

Frank believes in correlation - and not causation.

Inferior culture, innit.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #404 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:30pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:16pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:57pm:

Let's ask FD.

FD, did Arabs spread the plague as a form of biological warfare?

Frank believes in correlation - and not causation.

Inferior culture, innit.

Too much brown banana, Paki, you are hallucinating and making things up already.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41
Send Topic Print