Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Eight men own more than 3.6 billion people (Read 2644 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: Eight men own more than 3.6 billion people
Reply #30 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:24am

thecuriousmail wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 6:59am:
Mortdooley wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:30pm:
Frank wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 8:39pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:44am:
Those 3.6 billion must be pretty useless people

Exactly. They are not poor BECAUSE the 8 are rich.
Will Mothra and the Granuidastas ever comprehend that? No.

Most people are poor because they were raised by their parents to be poor, their parents were raised the same way. There are fewer barriers to success than ever. When I see the cry babies resent the success of others the real problem is the BS they have been fed since birth. "The Poor man don't have a chance, the rich man will always keep him down". Now you can change "poor" to the minority of your choice and cry racism and maybe guilt someone into giving you something you didn't earn. There is no free lunch, someone always has to pay the bill. If you resent the success of people who have something to sell to the public don't buy it. I have a short list of businesses and companies I will not do business with. It doesn't hurt their bottom line but I feel better not adding to their profit.

Lets cut the crap for once, you want them to be stripped of their wealth because you are jealous. The greediest people I have ever met were poor, they would steal the pennies off a dead mans eyes and complain it wasn't quarters. We live in a fragile society in the West and the Leftist are doing what they can to tear it down. Equal results for unequal effort has never worked and will not any time it will be tried in the future. Most self made successful people failed before they got it right but being the timid souls that you are only want to believe someone had to be exploited for someone else to get rich. 

Another case of class envy, there is no shortage of fools. The world doesn't care if you choose to be a failure, that's on you.

I literally don't know where to begin to critique the angry ignorance above.

Have a look at The Guardian article 'Why do we think poor people are poor because of their own bad choices?' for instance.

You sound like the "angry welfare woman".

Live below your means and save before you spend. Find a Mentor even if it is only a book someone successful wrote. I recommend  J Paul Getty, Charles Givens and Dave Ramsey. Don't be a crybaby, step outside of your comfort zone and take a chance. As I said before, the World doesn't care if you stay poor. If you want to better yourself you  will need to be the one who puts in the work.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 10:28am

Most people are poor because they were raised by their parents to be poor, their parents were raised the same way. There are fewer barriers to success than ever. When I see the cry babies resent the success of others the real problem is the BS they have been fed since birth. "The Poor man don't have a chance, the rich man will always keep him down". Now you can change "poor" to the minority of your choice and cry racism and maybe guilt someone into giving you something you didn't earn. There is no free lunch, someone always has to pay the bill. If you resent the success of people who have something to sell to the public don't buy it. I have a short list of businesses and companies I will not do business with. It doesn't hurt their bottom line but I feel better not adding to their profit.

Lets cut the crap for once, you want them to be stripped of their wealth because you are jealous. The greediest people I have ever met were poor, they would steal the pennies off a dead mans eyes and complain it wasn't quarters. We live in a fragile society in the West and the Leftist are doing what they can to tear it down. Equal results for unequal effort has never worked and will not any time it will be tried in the future. Most self made successful people failed before they got it right but being the timid souls that you are only want to believe someone had to be exploited for someone else to get rich. 

That may be true in Australia, but no Australian is part of the 3.6 billion. For the most part the cause is political - some kind of dictatorship.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 3:15pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 7:49am:
TheFunPolice wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 9:04pm:

Frank has no brains!

Grin

If we had an economic system and culture that those poorest 3.6 billion people live by, then we too would be part of the poorest 3.6 billion people.

Exactly - their culture and economic system is ripping each other off mercilessly, stealing and cheating and outrageously exploiting each other. They have created their societies in their own image. These are hellholes because of the people, nothing else.

Look no further than what rich Indians, Arabs, Chinese, Africans do to their OWN poor.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #33 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 4:40pm

So
If we kill these 8 men and share the money, everyone will be bettter off

Sounds good

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #34 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 4:52pm

So you dont think those 8 ( and the other millionaires) have more influence on government policies that favour the rich?

Are you an absolute fool!   Angry

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 4:57pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 4:40pm:
So

Sounds good

You think so. If you pooled all of the worldly wealth and divided it equally I would guarantee that within 10 years, 8 people will have the same wealth as the 3.6 billion poorest.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #36 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:08pm

Mortdooley wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:24am:

Another case of class envy, there is no shortage of fools. The world doesn't care if you choose to be a failure, that's on you.

Have a look at The Guardian article 'Why do we think poor people are poor because of their own bad choices?' for instance.

Live below your means and save before you spend. Find a Mentor even if it is only a book someone successful wrote. I recommend  J Paul Getty, Charles Givens and Dave Ramsey. Don't be a crybaby, step outside of your comfort zone and take a chance. As I said before, the World doesn't care if you stay poor. If you want to better yourself you  will need to be the one who puts in the work.

What if you can't buy a book  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #37 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:09pm

Frank wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 3:15pm:

Frank has no brains!

Grin

If we had an economic system and culture that those poorest 3.6 billion people live by, then we too would be part of the poorest 3.6 billion people.

Exactly - their culture and economic system is ripping each other off mercilessly, stealing and cheating and outrageously exploiting each other. They have created their societies in their own image. These are hellholes because of the people, nothing else.

Look no further than what rich Indians, Arabs, Chinese, Africans do to their OWN poor.

Frank is some kind of monster: LOOOKOUT  Grin

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #38 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:10pm

So

Sounds good

fRANK KNOWS WHERE THEY LIVE I ASSUME: hes on to it just ask him  Grin

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #39 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:12pm

crocodile wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 4:57pm:
So

Sounds good

You think so. If you pooled all of the worldly wealth and divided it equally I would guarantee that within 10 years, 8 people will have the same wealth as the 3.6 billion poorest.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 10:04pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:09pm:
Frank wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 3:15pm:

Frank has no brains!

Grin

Frank is some kind of monster: LOOOKOUT  Grin

You are one of those horrible darkies victimising your fellow deeply tanned blacks whose lives matter - just not to other darkies.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #41 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 11:24pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:08pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:24am:

What if you can't buy a book  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Library? Half.com? Free Matter for the blind audio? I can only point, you need to do the rest!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #42 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:54am

thecuriousmail wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 7:46am:
Extreme wealth inequality is bad for a society.

This sentiment, some would say evidence, goes back more than 2500 years. From Plato in ancient greece,  Plutarch  in ancient rome,  thru to adam smith, the architect  of capitalism, thru to presidents, philosophers, scientists and economists, I would say the best of the human race, all say the same thing.  Have we become so ignorant, so ideologically driven, that we refuse to at least listen? And think.

Extreme wealth inequality is bad for the society. It

gives wealthier people an unacceptable degree of control over the lives of others compared to the rest of the population. Are we not all democratically, morally, equal? If wealth is very unevenly distributed in a society, wealthy people often end up in control of many aspects of the lives of poorer citizens: over where and how they can work, what they can buy, and in general what their lives will be like. As an example, ownership of a public media outlet, such as a newspaper or a television channel, can give control over how others in the society view themselves and their lives, and how they understand their society.

undermines the fairness of political institutions. If those who hold political offices must depend on large contributions for their campaigns, they will be more responsive to the interests and demands of wealthy contributors, and those who are not rich will not be fairly represented.

undermines the fairness of the economic system itself. Economic inequality makes it difficult, if not impossible, to create equality of opportunity. Income inequality means that some children will enter the workforce much better prepared than others. And people with few assets find it harder to access the first small steps to larger opportunities, such as a loan to start a business or pay for an advanced degree.

it comparatively unrewards workers, who as participants in a scheme of cooperation that produces national income, have a claim to a fair share of what they have helped to produce.

That is the crux of it. A society is a co-operation between all in it. Moderate inequality is often understood to be a good thing, as people are incentivized etc. Extreme inequality is bad for a society. We ignore that at our own peril.

Arguments here that it is a good idea are based exclusively on some kind of jealousy on the part that those who say it is a bad situation, or that it is the "fault" of those who object that they are not one of the eight.

But such extreme wealth inequality is BAD for society, whether I am speaking as one of/not one of the 8.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #43 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:14am

Quote:
But such extreme wealth inequality is BAD for society

It is not so much bad in a causal sense, but is a symptom of something wrong.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:07am

I am tipping 3.2 years

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print