Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I remember this as if it was yesterday... (Read 129 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

I remember this as if it was yesterday...
Aug 17th, 2017 at 10:24am

[urlhttp://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/remembering-ebony-25-years-after-ebony-simpsons-murder/news-story/e1c40ed5e7884e93b3dba0ceb594f77b][/url]

Little did we know at that time, but there was a clash of good and evil in that briefing. The man who would eventually confess to the murder of Ebony Simpson had volunteered to help search for her and was a part of the search,” Detective Grant says.

As the search parties were moving off to their allocated areas, two young constables from Campbelltown arrived. After being told the description of the vehicle they were looking for, one of them said to the sergeant, “What type of car did you say they were looking for?”

“A Mazda 808.”

The constable then said, “Like that one there?”

A yellow Mazda 808 was parked directly across from the command post.

The owner of the car, who allegedly was involved in the search for Ebony, returned to his car and was confronted.

“He was asked if he would drive his car back to the police station, and he agreed. Prior to this, the car was photographed by the crime scene officer who was at the Simpsons’ house compiling the Penri. As soon as that officer saw the car owner, he knew he was looking at the man who Christine had just described to him moments before,” Detective Grant says.

Andrew Garforth, 29, had moved to the area a few weeks before from Western Australia with his defacto wife and two children.

He described how he removed her from the boot, sat her on the front seat and engaged her in conversation for about 15 minutes.

She asked him if he was going to let her go and he told her he didn’t know.

The interviewing officer then asks, “Did she say anything else to you?”

Garforth replied, “She pleaded with me to let her go. I just sat in silence.”

Coldly continuing his confession he told the police officers how he molested her for about ten seconds then “swung her around like a rocking horse”.

Garforth said he got some speaker wire from the boot of his car and tied her hands and feet behind her back and threw her into the dam.

The interviewing officer asks, “What did you believe would happen to her when you threw her into the dam?”

Garforth replied, “I didn’t really know.”

Read the final chapter of the special two-part feature tomorrow detailing the aftermath: Garforth’s appeal, the group fighting for Garforth’s access to privileges inside prison, Garforth’s links to previous crimes and the warning Christine Simpson has for parents.

please god never let this monster out..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print