www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Cabbies Lose to Uber
Reply #30 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:49pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:35pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
cods wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:59pm:
Uber manages the quality of its drivers far better than the taxi industry, without the need for licences.

how do you know that fd.....have you done an inspection??...what about car maintenance? or is that left up to the owner driver.?

I use uber all the time. I use taxis for work. Uber wins, hands down. Better drivers with better personal hygeine. Cleaner, newer cars. Cheaper. More convenient. Innovative.

The taxi industry has boxes to be ticked for these things. Uber actually motivates it's drivers to do a better job. It is a better business model.

Then it would be making money....not losing billions, as it truly is.

Further, driver retention would exceed 12 months....which it does not, because 'driver partners' work out in that time that they too are losing money.

Grin

So your criticism of uber is that it is going out of business and losing its employees? Does this mean you have nothing to worry about?

Have you ever been in an uber Aussie?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:52pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:49pm:
Grin

So your criticism of uber is that it is going out of business and losing its employees? Does this mean you have nothing to worry about?

Have you ever been in an uber Aussie?

It is comment which is part of my criticism of politicians who have allowed what will be a "fly by nighter" in to destroy a viable long term industry.

And, no, I have not been in an Uber.  I have no need to.  I know how it works far better than you ever will.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:57pm

So Uber is going to destroy the taxi industry, despite losing billions of dollars as well as its employees? The taxi industry must be pretty hopeless if it cannot compete against that, wouldn't you say?

The most vocal critic here of Uber has never been in one. Yet one by one, everyone else is converting to Uber as soon as they try it out.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:59pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:57pm:
So Uber is going to destroy the taxi industry, despite losing billions of dollars as well as its employees? The taxi industry must be pretty hopeless if it cannot compete against that, wouldn't you say?

The most vocal critic here of Uber has never been in one. Yet one by one, everyone else is converting to Uber as soon as they try it out.

Cheap beer/alcohol in my garage.....while it lasts.  You'll love it Effendi.....and the licensed premises will go broke in the interim.

Good stuff, isn't it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:10pm

I might consider drinking it for free, wot.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:38pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
cods wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:59pm:
Uber manages the quality of its drivers far better than the taxi industry, without the need for licences.

how do you know that fd.....have you done an inspection??...what about car maintenance? or is that left up to the owner driver.?

I use uber all the time. I use taxis for work. Uber wins, hands down. Better drivers with better personal hygeine. Cleaner, newer cars. Cheaper. More convenient. Innovative.

The taxi industry has boxes to be ticked for these things. Uber actually motivates it's drivers to do a better job. It is a better business model.

\

most people who use transport of any kind.. wouldnt notice any of that fd..you sound like someone who washes his hands every 5 min..

how many cabs or uber would you use every week??

whats wrong with public transport..not clean enough?.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:54pm

Public transport either takes too long or is not an option.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #37 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:14am

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:54pm:

I dont know, I'm happy to use it. When the light rail is finished here, I plan on taking it.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #38 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:24am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:14am:

I dont know, I'm happy to use it. When the light rail is finished here, I plan on taking it.

Public transport in the inner Sydney suburbs is great, particularly when you link with Uber.

The other day I went from my place to circular Quay by ferry (silvertail public transport). Met a client in Macquarie street. Next meeting was near Central and I spotted one of these, and I'd have used it if I wasn't still getting over the flu.
Jumped in an Uber instead.

http://www.sydneycycleways.net/dockless-bike-share-arrived-mean-sydney/   

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #39 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:30am

Gordon wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:24am:

Public transport in the inner Sydney suburbs is great, particularly when you link with Uber.

The other day I went from my place to circular Quay by ferry (silvertail public transport). Met a client in Macquarie street. Next meeting was near Central and I spotted one of these, and I'd have used it if I wasn't still getting over the flu.

I agree, people IMO are just too damn lazy to use public transport most of the time.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #40 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:32am

Gordon wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:24am:

I have to admit, Sydneys not great for the bike, Canberra a hell of a lot better, lots of paths and on road cycling lanes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print