Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TV ads. (Read 2452 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

TV ads.
Aug 16th, 2017 at 10:17am

am over seeing this commercial for a new program  about clever kids.........its been shown for what must be two months now  on channel 7...

we must have seen every act by now....I was really looking forward to watching it.. but now I could scream...its like being tortured   same shots over and over.....how much are we expected to endure....

I find it a real turn off...and amazing abuse of their viewers...

stop doping it channel 7 unless you wan t people to leave as it is I see where Hells Kitchen is a bit turn off...so serve them right.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Re: TV ads.
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 10:22am

Kids shows don't really do it for me and calling Marco's new show Hell's Kitchen I think was a huge mistake.   There is already a show called Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsay and it is also aired on Channel 7.  Why have 2 shows with the same name?

I will forego both and stick with The Block this season.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 11:38am

Black Orchid wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 10:22am:
Kids shows don't really do it for me and calling Marco's new show Hell's Kitchen I think was a huge mistake.   There is already a show called Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsay and it is also aired on Channel 7.  Why have 2 shows with the same name?

I will forego both and stick with The Block this season.

well these are very talented children    and I have a very talented grandson   so yes I would watch it....but I am now over it...the bombardment of ads is too much      more than too much....

hells kitchen doesnt make sense to me   they dont actually cook...all they do is serve  and are too stooopid to do that....it seriously doesnt make any sense at all...

yes but then the block also has serious credibility.... they even shut down a house   yet it still ends up finished..mmmmmmmmmmm..

I am surprised how dumb they are! did you see the geography test...omg..

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 12:04am

cods wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 11:38am:
hells kitchen doesnt make sense to me   they dont actually cook...all they do is serve  and are too stooopid to do that....it seriously doesnt make any sense at all...

The Australian Hell's Kitchen is very funny. Most cooking shows only have aspiring and potentially good cooks competing, but this show portrays these ego blown characters with their abysmal cooking skills which is very entertaining. I hope it gets good ratings and has the potential for another series next year.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:10am

I have rarely seen a TV ad for years because I rarely watch TV live except the occasional ABC program.
I pre-record nearly everything I want to watch so I can pause for a phone call or something to eat or drink.

Now I wonder if I am losing touch with what's going on by doing this. Should I submit to an occasional  binge of ad viewing to catch up with the world?
I don't watch any TV news either because it's mostlyssensational stuff with pictures. I prefer to scan through a lot of online news.
Is this an escape from reality too?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 10:10pm

Ads?
I like the Trivago girl.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:51am

Yes there is that. Ads are generally well stocked with lovely women.
I suppose you can turn the sound off.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:43pm

I cannot abide the pro-Muzlim ads, like the SBS cute little giggling head scarfed soccer girls. "Australian by birth, Muzlim by Faith." Australia's secular nature is under threat from this type of appeal to our tolerance. I stress our tolerance, not theirs. Advertising religion should be illegal.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 1:19pm

We used to call that subliminal advertising didn't we. Still works.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:05pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 8:51am:
Yes there is that. Ads are generally well stocked with lovely women.
I suppose you can turn the sound off.

No....  she has a great voice. Smiley

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 1:34pm

What's an ad?

Just buy a decent DVR and use the catch-up and ad-skip functions.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #11 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 1:47pm

Stig wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 1:34pm:
What's an ad?

I havent heard of them mate!

What can you tell us about them and do you have one?

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 8:15am

Redmond Neck wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Stig wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 1:34pm:
What's an ad?

I havent heard of them mate!

What can you tell us about them and do you have one?

http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/home-entertainment/recorders/dmr-xw440glk.html

Use something like this - just setup programs to record everything you watch - you can do one-off, weekly, daily, weekdays only, etc. recordings and tape two shows at once.

It will even group the same shows together under a folder for you so you know which ones you've already watched and which are the latest recordings.

When you're watching a recording, use the 60-second jump button to skip through the ad breaks - three clicks usually does it.

You can also "time-slip" - start watching something while it is still recording. If you start about 20-30 minutes"late" by the time you catch up by skipping the ads you'll find you arrive at the end just as the show itself finishes.

I've had one for quite a while now and it seems really weird if I'm forced to watch regular TV and sit through ad breaks now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print