Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
One Nation Smash ABC... (Read 2939 times)
Moriaty

Australian Politics

Re: One Nation Smash ABC...
Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 8:31pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 7:55pm:
Not one so called journalist mentioned that the burka is not religious dress.

True. The burka is an Arabic cultural dress that makes a lot more sense in the 50 degree deserts of Arabia.

But to be fair, I suspect a lot of redheads would be looking at Pauline and thinking shes on the right track. They must be sick of getting sunburnt when opening the fridge at night...

Defend Free-speech. Say no to censorship on this forum! Defend the freedoms our soldiers fought for against the Fascist-racist forces of evil!

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 9:05am

Yet another ratbaggy post eh Moratty... Roll Eyes

Personally I don't think what ON asked for will help one little bit and personally I think people's wages are their own personal business and me knowing what they earn will make no difference whatsoever.
The ABC is an incestuous organisation, full of tribal voters and familial connections, you will only get change when you start hiring people of a different political ilk.

If Hanson wanted to make a difference she should have asked that all political parties be given the same time on the ABC during elections.

Today we had another go at Hanson from the Breakfast show, they even had some stupid woman on that simply dismissed what Hanson had to say....  but....  hanson was right. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #17 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 6:38am

Moriaty wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 8:31pm:

True. The burka is an Arabic cultural dress that makes a lot more sense in the 50 degree deserts of Arabia.

But to be fair, I suspect a lot of redheads would be looking at Pauline and thinking shes on the right track. They must be sick of getting sunburnt when opening the fridge at night...

Garbage. Its a means to dehumanise your wives, make them nothing more than formless sacks to follow on foot a respectable distance behind, to be whipped if lagging too far.

Disgusting uncivilised goat herders fit only to live in their own specially crafted war torn dust bowl hell holes.

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #18 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 6:42am

Grendel wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 9:05am:
Yet another ratbaggy post eh Moratty... Roll Eyes

Personally I don't think what ON asked for will help one little bit and personally I think people's wages are their own personal business and me knowing what they earn will make no difference whatsoever.
The ABC is an incestuous organisation, full of tribal voters and familial connections, you will only get change when you start hiring people of a different political ilk.

If Hanson wanted to make a difference she should have asked that all political parties be given the same time on the ABC during elections.

Today we had another go at Hanson from the Breakfast show, they even had some stupid woman on that simply dismissed what Hanson had to say....  but....  hanson was right. Roll Eyes

Agree with one suggestion, the ABC will only change when....

1. We sack them all.
2. We bulldoze their buildings.
3. We salt the earth they stood on.

There is no other way. You cannot beat cancer by being nice to it.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #19 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 7:05am

Moriaty wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 8:31pm:

You do realise the the women are forced to wear black which absorbs heat and the men get to wear while which reflects heat.

It is an act of oppression that is supported by all parties within the Australian government except one.

You know staying awake during Grade 8 science would have helped you know this small but important fact.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:31am

Burka use....  dehumanise, desexualise, identify, segregate, isolate, etc, etc, etc....

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 5:27pm

Quote:
...Let me step through this carefully lest I get confusing.

Several weeks ago, the One Nation bloc gave the Coalition its support for the government’s long-planned overhaul of the media landscape – the one that is going to make the Australian media sector even more concentrated in terms of ownership than it already is – in return for some nasty business against the ABC.

The ink was no sooner dry on that agreement when it became clear it was an agreement in air quotes – a deal in name only.

Being nasty to the ABC would require changes to completely separate pieces of legislation, not the broadcasting bill now before parliament, and no one else in the parliament was that interested in being nasty to the ABC, mass political suicide not really being in contemplation.

Bernardi, who is of course in competition with One Nation for votes, thought he’d fix that problem for them by drafting detailed amendments grafting the ABC changes to the bill immediately before parliament.

See Pauline, I’m delivering your deal, Bernardi said – cherubic.

So did One Nation go ahead and vote for Bernardi’s amendments to deliver their own deal with the government?

Well, no, it did not.

The senators hovered outside the chamber during the division, abstaining from the vote to deliver their wish list.

The numbers weren’t there in parliament to legislate the Bernardi amendment, but that doesn’t explain why One Nation refused to vote for, wait for it ... its own deal.

Dare we suggest it is more important to have a Facebook live event moaning about the ABC than doing anything concrete to follow through on your moaning?

It would seem Australian politics really can be that postmodern....

(from Sound and fury signifies a lot – that's what the week in #auspol tells us by Katharine Murphy)

Tsk, tsk, so much easier to keep a demon in existence than to actually want to attack it.  How typical of the PHONies.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:35pm

K Murphy....  LOL
Not a biased journalist eh bwian Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print