Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
If you could have dinner with anyone.... (Read 8294 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: If you could have dinner with anyone....
Reply #45 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 5:55pm

Caesar, the thread started off well, and you'd think a simple dinner invitation was safe ground. But look what the twats have wrought of your interesting suggestion. There's no hope for the human race.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

le_petit_prince

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - May 15th, 2018 at 4:42am

I would choose David Bowie. An outstanding musician and a person. And was looked awesome in shiny tight clothes)

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #47 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:37am

Well i wouldnt want to eat with anyone from the middle ages because i would die from food poisoning or worse. As for modern people i dont really want to eat with any of them. Maybe an author. Yes an author hmmm robert rankin or douglas adams would be fun. Heinlein would be creepy but interesting. Richard dawkins could be interesting. Definately not stephen king. Darwin or penrose maybe. I dunno. At the risk of sounding like aquascoot i would want to have dinner with someone i could learn from (or laugh with).

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #48 - May 15th, 2018 at 2:10pm

Well, if you really want to enjoy a good 'dinner'?
Then you would really pick someone with some Culinary connection.

Here is my Top 10 'Dinner' experiences

1. Neanderthals over a Mammoth BBQ kill celebration: imagine the 'growling' over huge chunks of delicious mouth watering juicy meat on big bones. Cooking fires everywhere and a woman in warm furs to go the other 'growl' with after. Oh yeah!!!  Wink

2. Joan of Arc. Well at least if the food was bad, at least 'eating her' out would be a virtuous experience.

3. Akkadian Ancient Feasts: The Spartans were Rural, the Athenians were City, but the Akkadians got 'Feasting' down to a fine art and supported the early start of a now accepted 'superior' Greek diet in the modern world. Imagine: Good quality food for ancient times and beautiful Greco-Hellas women in simple 'loose' garb.

4. Stephen Hawkings: reputed to have had the best straw-sucking Puree around

5. Any 'Billionaire' - obviously these people would have the most extensive, highest quality, most variety, complex and best cooked stuff going around, Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and all those other 'nibbles' in between. No 'restaurant' could offer better than what these people get served to them. Dolphin meat anyone?  Huh

6. Gordon Ramsey & Co: Ten of the most Media Popular Chefs/Cooks on TV. Imagine sitting down at a big table to eat with all these dudes!  Shocked Would they eat in silence, whinge or compliment??? Would they cook 'their own'?

7. The Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Now who wouldn't want to have dinner with a Mad Hatter and a talking Hare? Grin

8. The Last Supper: Yep, chewing the fat with Jesus and his Disciples while he accepted his fate at the hands of one of his 'jealous' co-conspirators.

9. Bear Gryles, Les Hiddens (Bush Tucker Man): Would make for an 'interesting' Menu or sorts. Camp fire going and the sound of crickets... Shocked

10. Ethiopia during the Great Famine: Yep - sitting down with a bowl of rice that has just been handed out to thousands of starving during the peak of the Famine that inspired 'Live Aid'. Imagine the 'raw' intensity of what it really means to have 'food', while surrounded by thousands of ...dying for it.

(11) Being in a lifeboat for 93 days adrift after the sinking of the Whaling Ship the Essex' and nibbling on the bones of fellow crew members.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print