Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
She was right to tell them to shut their bubs up. (Read 3236 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: She was right to tell them to shut their bubs up.
Reply #30 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:11am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:05am:
LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:03am:
And just like adults must act, they are expected to act properly,

but they're kids, not adults .... and unlike most adults kids do not always have control over their emotions. Sometimes that means they carry over the slightest thing. If you accept kids you accept that they act like kids. Expecting kids to act like adults is naive.

they were babies   and babies are usually encouraged to make that squealing noise...and if a whole group do it... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:13am

LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:10am:

but they're kids, not adults .... and unlike most adults kids do not always have control over their emotions. Sometimes that means they carry over the slightest thing. If you accept kids you accept that they act like kids. Expecting kids to act like adults is naive.

The business owner or the other patrons did not give birth to them, therefore they are not given free go to do whatever they wish to do, unrestrained.

Like I said, pack lunch & take them to a public park. They aren't fit to eat in a cafe, & neither are their children.

Again, I go back to saying if the cafe owners doesn't want kids, she needs to say so instead of promoting herself as child friendly. Kids are not adults. Applying the same standards to kids is ridiculous.
the real problem is that she is greedy .... she wants the moms money ... but doesn't want the kids.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:14am

LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:10am:

The business owner or the other patrons did not give birth to them, therefore they are not given free go to do whatever they wish to do, unrestrained.

Like I said, pack lunch & take them to a public park. They aren't fit to eat in a cafe, & neither are their children.

have you ever been on a plane where a child is playing up.....omg.. I flew to NZ once with one of those...

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:14am

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:11am:

they were babies   and babies are usually encouraged to make that squealing noise...and if a whole group do it... Roll Eyes

in my opinion that makes the cafe owner look worse. If kids have little control over their emotions, babies have NONE

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:16am

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:14am:
have you ever been on a plane where a child is playing up.....omg.. I flew to NZ once with one of those...

come off it cods ... you've had kids. Are you going to pretend you have always been able to stop your kids from carrying on?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:21am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:16am:
cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:14am:

come off it cods ... you've had kids. Are you going to pretend you have always been able to stop your kids from carrying on?

thats not what I am saying....this was a group of mums with babies....who when asked to respect other customers  who   got nasty and personal on facebook...

I would hope I would have a smiggin of control over my child if I ever planned to take them into a cafe .. if you cant control your children  then dont take them into cafes.... get your take away...and hide you bloody kids...

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:25am

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:21am:
thats not what I am saying....this was a group of mums with babies....who when asked to respect other customers  who   got nasty and personal on facebook...

they complained on facebook, not 'got nasty' ..... and only  AFTER they got thrown out. I'd be pissed off too if I was in their shoes. If she threw them out expecting rave reviews on facebook then she's in lala land.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:26am

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:21am:
I would hope I would have a smiggin of control over my child if I ever planned to take them into a cafe .. if you cant control your children  then dont take them into cafes.... get your take away...and hide you bloody kids...

they were babies that squealed cods. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:34am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:08am:
LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:02am:
I think this guy says it for me.

"when I go out for "chow" I do not expect to be in the unwanted company of spoiled screaming snit-fit children, as their "parents" act like this is normal......maybe it is....in THEIR home.....but no place in a restaurant. most of the times "parents" do NOT want to act like "parents" and instead be "friends" with their children, which leads to even more disruptive behavior."

Since when is a business required to accept the actions of some of their patrons, to the detriment of all their other patrons? It's not a social free-for-all, where anything goes. No, it's a cafe, & a cafe is a place of business, where people congregate in a mild, gentle, easy going atmosphere, to enjoy a cuppa, & there is something called acceptable behavior respecting the rights of others when doing so.

what a load of crap .... if you accept kids thinking they're quiet little angels who sit still in a corner while you finish your coffee or meal, then you shouldn't be running a cafe.

Like I said, if they don't want kids, put a sign up at the front of the shop saying so, BEFORE all the parents  come in and order ..... once you've accepted their order, you accept their kids might act like kids.

So on Mummies & Bub Day all else has to be forgone for their sake? Closed to all other patrons because of mum & bub bedlam.

That has a familiar exclusive ring to it.  Roll Eyes

We all know ... or at least those of us who have raised children do ... that children have "no on off buttons" as you state .....

but knowing what they are capable of & that amplified when in a group in public .....

it's the mothers/parents job to minimize that when out in public ...... not left to the Cafe owner because they just switch off while they latte & waffle.

It's called consideration .......something obviously lacking in this group of selfish self centered mums.

The owner has every right to look after the interests of all her customers.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:38am

Gnads wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:34am:
So on Mummies & Bub Day all else has to be forgone for their sake? Closed to all other patrons because of mum & bub bedlam.

i didn't read anything about any other patron even complaining.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

sure she does ... but the mothers are customers too. Are you really going to pretend that if someone threw you out while you were halfway through your meal, because your baby squealed, that you would be happy with it? Get real

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:43am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:39am:
LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:30am:
John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:08am:
LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:02am:
I think this guy says it for me.

"when I go out for "chow" I do not expect to be in the unwanted company of spoiled screaming snit-fit children, as their "parents" act like this is normal......maybe it is....in THEIR home.....but no place in a restaurant. most of the times "parents" do NOT want to act like "parents" and instead be "friends" with their children, which leads to even more disruptive behavior."

Since when is a business required to accept the actions of some of their patrons, to the detriment of all their other patrons? It's not a social free-for-all, where anything goes. No, it's a cafe, & a cafe is a place of business, where people congregate in a mild, gentle, easy going atmosphere, to enjoy a cuppa, & there is something called acceptable behavior respecting the rights of others when doing so.

what a load of crap .... if you accept kids thinking they're quiet little angels who sit still in a corner while you finish your coffee or meal, then you shouldn't be running a cafe.

Like I said, if they don't want kids, put a sign up at the front of the shop saying so, BEFORE all the parents  come in and order ..... once you've accepted their order, you accept their kids might act like kids.

Show me a sign anywhere where is states "Kids Accepted".

No, they are permitted when accompanied by an adult. An adult to keep them in line. It's not the fault of the kids that is the problem, but the fault of the adult who can't keep them in line. Therefore asking them to leave, as a last resort, is the responsible way to resolve the problem if the adults can't act like adults, & demand acceptable behavior from their unruly children, in a place of business where such behavior is detrimental to that business.

If the door is open to the public then kids are allowed unless otherwise stated. I know of several restaurants that have a 'no children allowed' policy.
The problem is that this cafe owner wants it both ways, she doesn't want the kids but she wants the parents money. It doesn't work that way.
If you've ever had kids you'd understand that the whole 'responsible adults' line is a load of sh1t. Sometimes kids are scream and cry and when that happens nothing you do will stop it. You just have to let it ride out.

Bullshyte ..... not in the restaurant you don't. If the child is inconsolable then a decent parent would just get up & politely leave.

My wife & I have done that quite a number of times when this has occurred when our children were bubs.

Seems you'd prefer to be an inconsiderate t/wat.

And because you spend money somewhere doesn't give you or your children carte blanche.

Seems to me the owner would be better off canning the Mum & Bub morning. Selfish bints.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:46am

Gnads wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:43am:
Bullshyte ..... not in the restaurant you don't

Calm your tits down, I agree, that comment was a generalisation and not specific to this case ...there was no tantrum or screaming in the coffee shop, it was babies squeeling that set the owner off

And because you spend money somewhere doesn't give you or your children carte blanche.

but it does mean your kids will be kids

Seems to me the owner would be better off canning the Mum & Bub morning. Selfish bints.

exactly my point from the very beginning. She can't have it both ways.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:46am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:38am:

i didn't read anything about any other patron even complaining.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

sure she does ... but the mothers are customers too. Are you really going to pretend that if someone threw you out while you were halfway through your meal, because your baby squealed, that you would be happy with it? Get real

You didn't read where anyone else complained .....

and I never read anything about anyone being thrown out halfway through their meal.

They chose to leave because the owner had the audacity to ask them if they could do something about the prolonged screaming/squealing of their children.

So don't talk shyte.

Edit:  the Cafe owner didn't carry this on ... the Mothers did .....

they decided to crucify her on the Cafes Facebook page & other social media.

They should have let it go & not frequented the place anymore.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:53am

Gnads wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:46am:
and I never read anything about anyone being thrown out halfway through their meal.

From the OP

Will never be coming back again as they kicked me and the rest of my mothers group out in the freezing rain with our babies,' another disgruntled mother wrote.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #44 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 10:04am

Am interested in your comments re this paragraph.....

"The group of seven mothers and babies aged 9 to 11 months met at the St Albans cafe at 1pm on Wednesday. De Jong said the incident happened about 3pm."

Read more:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/food-news/95664842

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print