Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
She was right to tell them to shut their bubs up. (Read 3237 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: She was right to tell them to shut their bubs up.
Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 9:58pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 8:48pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 8:37pm:
Looks to me like the Owner went about it in an over the top manner.

You might be right, but she said she told them in a 'friendly' manner.

THEY said she shouted.

No doubt both are true. You would have to shout to be heard over the screaming babies. Perhaps they misinterpreted. It can be hard to shout in a friendly manner. The Chinese manage though.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:02am

I think this guy says it for me.

"when I go out for "chow" I do not expect to be in the unwanted company of spoiled screaming snit-fit children, as their "parents" act like this is normal......maybe it is....in THEIR home.....but no place in a restaurant. most of the times "parents" do NOT want to act like "parents" and instead be "friends" with their children, which leads to even more disruptive behavior."

Since when is a business required to accept the actions of some of their patrons, to the detriment of all their other patrons? It's not a social free-for-all, where anything goes. No, it's a cafe, & a cafe is a place of business, where people congregate in a mild, gentle, easy going atmosphere, to enjoy a cuppa, & there is something called acceptable behavior respecting the rights of others when doing so.

« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:15am by LearJet »  

What does "it" mean in the sentence,  "What time is it?"?

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:16am

"when I go out for "chow" I do not expect to be in the unwanted company of spoiled screaming snit-fit children, as their "parents" act like this is normal......maybe it is....in THEIR home.....but no place in a restaurant. most of the times "parents" do NOT want to act like "parents" and instead be "friends" with their children, which leads to even more disruptive behavior."

Since when is a business required to accept the actions of some of their patrons, to the detriment of all their other patrons? It's not a social free-for-all, anything goes. No, a cafe is a place of business, where people congregate in a mild, gentle, easy going atmosphere, to enjoy a cuppa, & there is something called acceptable behavior respecting the rights of others when doing so.

Yes indeed

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:08am

LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:02am:

Since when is a business required to accept the actions of some of their patrons, to the detriment of all their other patrons? It's not a social free-for-all, where anything goes. No, it's a cafe, & a cafe is a place of business, where people congregate in a mild, gentle, easy going atmosphere, to enjoy a cuppa, & there is something called acceptable behavior respecting the rights of others when doing so.

what a load of crap .... if you accept kids thinking they're quiet little angels who sit still in a corner while you finish your coffee or meal, then you shouldn't be running a cafe.

Like I said, if they don't want kids, put a sign up at the front of the shop saying so, BEFORE all the parents  come in and order ..... once you've accepted their order, you accept their kids might act like kids.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:30am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:08am:

what a load of crap .... if you accept kids thinking they're quiet little angels who sit still in a corner while you finish your coffee or meal, then you shouldn't be running a cafe.

Like I said, if they don't want kids, put a sign up at the front of the shop saying so, BEFORE all the parents  come in and order ..... once you've accepted their order, you accept their kids might act like kids.

Show me a sign anywhere where is states "Kids Accepted".

No, they are permitted when accompanied by an adult. An adult to keep them in line. It's not the fault of the kids that is the problem, but the fault of the adult who can't keep them in line. Therefore asking them to leave, as a last resort, is the responsible way to resolve the problem if the adults can't act like adults, & demand acceptable behavior from their unruly children, in a place of business where such behavior is detrimental to that business.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:38am

we live in pretty petty sicko times..

so bwave they go on FACEBOOK...\][

and I will killya stone dead..

Angry Angry Angry

what an unpleasant group of mums..

lets not forget they are in charge of babies who will eventually grow up with an attitude. Angry

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:39am

LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:30am:

No, they are permitted when accompanied by an adult. An adult to keep them in line. It's not the fault of the kids that is the problem, but the fault of the adult who can't keep them in line. Therefore asking them to leave, as a last resort, is the responsible way to resolve the problem if the adults can't act like adults, & demand acceptable behavior from their unruly children, in a place of business where such behavior is detrimental to that business.

If the door is open to the public then kids are allowed unless otherwise stated. I know of several restaurants that have a 'no children allowed' policy.
The problem is that this cafe owner wants it both ways, she doesn't want the kids but she wants the parents money. It doesn't work that way.
If you've ever had kids you'd understand that the whole 'responsible adults' line is a load of sh1t. Sometimes kids are scream and cry and when that happens nothing you do will stop it. You just have to let it ride out.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:46am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:39am:
LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:30am:

If the door is open to the public then kids are allowed unless otherwise stated. I know of several restaurants that have a 'no children allowed' policy.
The problem is that this cafe owner wants it both ways, she doesn't want the kids but she wants the parents money. It doesn't work that way.
If you've ever had kids you'd understand that the whole 'responsible adults' line is a load of sh1t. Sometimes kids are scream and cry and when that happens nothing you do will stop it. You just have to let it ride out.

what you are saying is..

dont dare ask anyone to behave in your business   unless you want nasty attacks on facebook...

because you havent said a word about that..

she was not dealing with ONE child  but a group

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:50am

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:46am:
what you are saying is..

dont dare ask anyone to behave in your business   unless you want nasty attacks on facebook...

because you havent said a word about that..

she was not dealing with ONE child  but a group   

no, what I am saying is that if you don't want kids, say so. Don't wait until after everyone has ordered and is into their meal or coffee before you whinge. Kids will be kids and sometimes that means they carry on.  I'm happy to not bring my kids into your coffee shop as long as you don't take my money first.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:54am

what makes it even worse is that this cafe in particular promotes itself as a child friendly cafe. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:56am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:54am:
what makes it even worse is that this cafe in particular promotes itself as a child friendly cafe. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

so you have no right to ask a simple ... can you keep it down a bit for my other customers....

got it!

she may have had to raise her voice to be heard over the noise... Roll Eyes

I dont know I wasnt there..

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:57am

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:56am:
John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:54am:

so you have no right to ask a simple ... can you keep it down a bit for my other customers....

got it!

she may have had to raise her voice to be heard over the noise... Roll Eyes

I dont know I wasnt there..

she kicked them out cods.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:03am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:39am:
If the door is open to the public then kids are allowed unless otherwise stated.

Yes. Allowed if they are made to behave appropriately by their parental guardians.

And just like adults must act, they are expected to act properly, & if they can't, they can, along with their children, be asked to leave if they fail to get the children to act respectfully. The ADULT is not there to let them run free & do as they wish, the ADULT is there to make sure they act properly in a place of business.

That's what's wrong with society today. It's the lack of respect for others. Lack of respect for the business owners & the other patrons. The parents fail in their main responsibility to parent. They set a poor example for their children in how they need to act in public. The way they act at home is one thing, but the way they act in public leaves much to be desired.

If they wish to run free to do as they wish the parents should not be taking them to a place of business, no they should pack up some food & take them to a park, where even dogs must be picked up after. That is if dogs are even permitted.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:05am

LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:03am:
And just like adults must act, they are expected to act properly,

but they're kids, not adults .... and unlike most adults kids do not always have control over their emotions. Sometimes that means they carry over the slightest thing. If you accept kids you accept that they act like kids. Expecting kids to act like adults is naive.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:10am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:05am:
LearJet wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 9:03am:
And just like adults must act, they are expected to act properly,

but they're kids, not adults .... and unlike most adults kids do not always have control over their emotions. Sometimes that means they carry over the slightest thing. If you accept kids you accept that they act like kids. Expecting kids to act like adults is naive.

The business owner or the other patrons did not give birth to them, therefore they are not given free go to do whatever they wish to do, unrestrained.

Like I said, pack lunch & take them to a public park. They aren't fit to eat in a cafe, & neither are their children.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print